shredhead is offline New Member

dazed and confused on what supplements to take

I have been reading up on supplements and it seems like I get more confused the more I read...heh.. fat loss is my goal, im doing the p90x lean. Can someone please just post a simple list of what would be good to help. I do not want anything that will 'wire' me all up, or a crap load of energy type stuff like diet pills or what not. I am working really hard and it is working, I just want to maximize fat loss. I eat about 1500-1700cal a day, low fat as much as possibe, 1 protien bar/day too. Thanks in advance

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    If you're doing a workout like P90X, you need more than 1500-1700 calories a day. You're working in a caloric deficit and you're going to end up over training and taking steps backwards. If you were sitting on the couch doing nothing all day 1500-1700 cals is fine, but not for someone who physically exerts themselves daily.

Optimum Nutrition proteins (whey and casein) are good, low fat options. They don't taste too bad either.

BCAAs are essential.

Since you're on a diet you might want to pick up a complex carb powder. I bought one at a local shop called "Carbo Gain" for $30. You can find something similar for pretty cheap.

The thing about hardcore cutting diets is that they only work as long as you are on them. I find it's better for most people who aren't professional body builders or models to lose weight more slowly and controlled through steady diet and exercise. If you're only eating 1500 cals a day, and doing P90X, what happens when you stop doing P90X and return to the normal range of calories per day?

I'd say you can take in some more calories, just make sure they are clean. Eat smart. It should be a lifestyle choice, not a temporary fix.

How many calories do u recomend? I am 5'7, small framed and not musclular at all, and I never been able to put on muscle much

Quote Originally Posted by shredhead View Post
    How many calories do u recomend? I am 5'7, small framed and not musclular at all, and I never been able to put on muscle much
    Whats your BF% and weight?

Not sure to be honest. I have a bathroom scale that is supposed to tell you. it says 29% not sure how accurate that is.

I weigh 175

Nah you gotta use the calipers. Electronic impedance is a really poor method for testing bf%. There is also a tape measure method you could look up online.

danimal79 is offline Junior Member
    -eca stack
    -fish oil
    -green tea extract
    -take 500mg vitamin c immediately following your workout

AdamGH is offline Senior Member
    My girlfriend has the p90x. it tells you exactly everything you need to know about nutrition and the expected calorie intake for type of workout you choose. Stop being lazy and RTFM.

n00bs is offline Member
    Milk
    Eggs
    whey
    meat
    vegetables
    fruit

Thread Information