bigz1017 is offline New Member

protien powder containing heavy metals?

I saw this on tv yesterday and did some research and found multiple articles. But apparently common food items also contain some of these metals. Funny thing is there were a bunch of articles published on june 1st 2010 and even a couple hours ago.

heres a couple of things i found:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRgZu...ayer_embedded#!

http://www.wusa9.com/news/local/stor...01979&catid=37

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/boos...r-reports.html

arsenic? lead? mercury? last time i checked that **** is bad for you no matter what and according to the scientists i am overdosing.

"The report found that three daily servings of EAS Myoplex Original Rich Dark Chocolate Shake have an average 16.9 micrograms of arsenic, which is over the suggested U.S. Pharmacopeia limit of 15 micrograms per day. Three servings also contain an average of 5.1 micrograms of cadmium, just over the USP limit of 5 micrograms. Three daily servings of some types of Muscle Milk products also exceeded suggested limits for certain heavy metals."

Whats your opinion?

6ft5 is offline Member
    Yea that sucks for those who use it instead of real food. Altho I am one of those on occasion if I can't eat sumthin cuz you know when its time to eat, ITS TIME TO EAT! Ill munch on a couple protein bars every so often. I almost all the time eat food. I stay away from canned tuna 90%, I eat all natty canned chx breast. I get 5X 60g protein cans at sams for 10 bucks. Other than that ill have two scoops post workout w 1 cup oats, or 2X wheat/oat nut bread. These folks put all that extra crap in the mix Probably not even what's on the label. I just use that six star from wall mart. Protein molecule is pro molecule IMO. Sure there's iso and all that, but I keep it simple. As for wheight gainers bannanas and penut butter/ and penut butter/jelly on white w/ bannanas in it XX penut butter.

StangLaw is offline Junior Member
    yeah it all sounds like good studies. but being weight lifters we eat more than most which means we will always be putting more than the recommended level of nutrients for everything we put into our bodies especially vitamins and minerals. Cuz to much of e vitamin C is bad for you as an example.

Quote Originally Posted by 6ft5 View Post
    Yea that sucks for those who use it instead of real food. Altho I am one of those on occasion if I can't eat sumthin cuz you know when its time to eat, ITS TIME TO EAT! Ill munch on a couple protein bars every so often. I almost all the time eat food. I stay away from canned tuna 90%, I eat all natty canned chx breast. I get 5X 60g protein cans at sams for 10 bucks. Other than that ill have two scoops post workout w 1 cup oats, or 2X wheat/oat nut bread. These folks put all that extra crap in the mix Probably not even what's on the label. I just use that six star from wall mart. Protein molecule is pro molecule IMO. Sure there's iso and all that, but I keep it simple. As for wheight gainers bannanas and penut butter/ and penut butter/jelly on white w/ bannanas in it XX penut butter.
    Yeah I guess it's not that big of a deal, if you rely on minimal use with supplements, but still, that stuff just don't sound good haha

6ft5 is offline Member
    ^^I know, bet a person could go and get a mineral check at the doc along w liver values to see if a persond current diet is killen them? That sucks guess I'm need to start growing my own food?? Dam I'm gona need a FARM, w a lot of plump jucy chickens. Also did anyone hear about the ?pdc or sumthin it was a big deal bout a month ago? Or whatever its in plastics and leaches into your food. Its one of the main causes for cancer and tumors. Its even in baby imbilicle cords. From all the food packaging and such. This world is MAD! Think I'm moven to the country to a big ass farm.

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...h_oil_pcb.html

This came up a couple of months ago, once again as BBs we take very high doses of Fish Oil supps.
    Last edited by terraj; 06-02-2010 at 10:36 PM.

6ft5 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by terraj View Post
    http://www.consumeraffairs.com/news0...h_oil_pcb.html

This came up a couple of months ago, once again as BBs we take very high doses of Fish Oil supps.
    Thanks Terraj! I've been meaning to do more research on pcb's seems like were all screwed. That sht seems bad! Might as well legalize pot to deal w all the stoooopid crap going on these days.

Quote Originally Posted by 6ft5 View Post
    ^^I know, bet a person could go and get a mineral check at the doc along w liver values to see if a persond current diet is killen them? That sucks guess I'm need to start growing my own food?? Dam I'm gona need a FARM, w a lot of plump jucy chickens. Also did anyone hear about the ?pdc or sumthin it was a big deal bout a month ago? Or whatever its in plastics and leaches into your food. Its one of the main causes for cancer and tumors. Its even in baby imbilicle cords. From all the food packaging and such. This world is MAD! Think I'm moven to the country to a big ass farm.
    yeah bro, lets move out to africa and start a farm theres a lot of open land there haha

Nooomoto is offline Productive Member
    Don't fear the metal.

RATTLEHEAD is offline Member
    ^^^ lol. Although the FDA is not far off from a joke themselves, according to the FDA, the trace amount of heavy metals in every protein supplement tested was within a legal limit. Many of the things you consume every day have traces of heavy metals. Its just a fact. Much of the vegetables and meat etc. Nevertheless, the quantity is so miniscule that it will have no effect on the body.

Thread Information