Very Harsh Upset Stomach

Anyone know what you can do/consume to avoid having an upset stomach after every PWO shake and pre-workout drink?

After about 10 years of drinking protein shakes and pre-workout drinks (not 10 yrs) I am finally getting a sour stomach in which turns to a loss of appetite for about 3-4 hrs. Drink my pre-workout drink about 20 mins before and my protein shake directly after. Then I get a real sour stomach and lose apetite for a few hrs. Frustrating as heck.

Anyone have a solution to lessen the load on my stomach.. ie. tums, rollaids, anything else I am not thinking of....

Oh yeah, taking Gold Standard Whey and Jacked 3D pre-workout drink.

Thanks

bump for an answer! haha this board is slackin

need something to make my stomach not feel like poop and I could eat something!

Tigershark is offline "Who wants to be Clark Kent, when you can be Superman."
    You can try a few things.
    1. Are you drinking plenty of water? If you are not hydrated properly protien can give you an upset stomache.
    2. Did you switch protien drinks? Check for the content of phenylalanine you may be slightly sensitive to it if it is in a high dose.
    3. Try adding a cup of oats to your post work out shake. The combination of carbs and protien may stop the upset stomache.
    4. Could be the milk. Try using water instead or switching to soy milk for a week and see if it goes away.

Thanks shark, I will try some of your suggestions....

I honestly believe it's the combination of the Jacked3D and Protein being consumed an hour seperated from eachother. Too many concocktions for my stomach. I currently do mix with water. I mix my evening before I good to bed shake with Milk which ofcourse is cassein protein.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Have you recently changed brands or the type of protein your using?

chi
    chi is offline Knowledgeable Member
    is it real bad cramps axe? If it is start taking pro biotics to build up the good bacteria in your stomach. This happened to me before and i was suffering like you would not believe. Sometimes the good bacteria in your digestive system gets washed out and hence the upset stomach.

goinglong is offline Junior Member
    I used to get a real upset stomach when I had jack3d. I found that if I cut out coffee before my workout, I wouldn't get the upset stomach. Check to see if you could omit something you recently added.

Quote Originally Posted by chi View Post
    is it real bad cramps axe? If it is start taking pro biotics to build up the good bacteria in your stomach. This happened to me before and i was suffering like you would not believe. Sometimes the good bacteria in your digestive system gets washed out and hence the upset stomach.
    Not really cramps chi. Feels like I ate rotten food and have that discusted stomach feeling. No appetite ensues. Kinda also like that feeling of drinking too much redbull. Tad bit wired.

chi
    Quote Originally Posted by axemurderer187 View Post
    Not really cramps chi. Feels like I ate rotten food and have that discusted stomach feeling. No appetite ensues. Kinda also like that feeling of drinking too much redbull. Tad bit wired.
    too much caffeine bro causes nausea cut down your dosage on the 3d

Quote Originally Posted by chi View Post
    too much caffeine bro causes nausea cut down your dosage on the 3d
    It hits me after I down my shake after my workout. I agree with you, that's probably the best thing to do for starters. I am interested in tigersharks pro biotic suggestion. I asked around today to some of my friends and they sware it works great.

chi
    Quote Originally Posted by axemurderer187 View Post
    It hits me after I down my shake after my workout. I agree with you, that's probably the best thing to do for starters. I am interested in tigersharks pro biotic suggestion. I asked around today to some of my friends and they sware it works great.
    you mean my suggestion of pro biotics lol. Sorry Tiger is my boy though

Thread Information