TopDogg is offline Junior Member

Amino Acids is increasing the body's acidity level

well, right after my workout i take my supplements either before or after the protein shake and I feel the acids in my stomach getting stronger and stronger which then forces me the puke everything out

supplements:
    * GAT BCAA caps
    * ON Superior Amino 2222 Tabs
    * ON Micronized Creatine powder
    * Multivitamin

It seems like it only happens if I take the Amino Acids tablet. It wasnt that bad before, right now i cant handle it anymore...

Am i the only one with this abnormal behavior?

EASTCOASTKID is offline Associate Member
    I take the exact same aminos and take every other thing I can get my hands on and nothing, but then again we are all different so you could maybe try another brand of amino.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If the acidity levels of your body are high to begin with, further loading it with amino acids (protein/AA due to its low pH level is considered acidic in nutrition) will only make this worse. First and foremost, make sure your daily nutritional intake largely consists of Alkaline foods and fluids. This way, you will feel generally healthy and your overall acid levels will be supressed to a great extent. Drink 4-5 lts of high pH spring water (my spring water brand has a pH of 8.8, simply amazing) throughout the day and make sure you are not consuming acidic soft drinks at all. You should also take it easy with coffee and chocolate, these two will most certainly contribute to elevated acid levels. Do not forget to incorparate Alkaline forming vegetables, fruits and nuts to your diet. Also, you might want to switch to a different brand of AA, just to see if you can possibly experience a drastic change as a consequence of trial and error.

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    BCAA's should be taken on an empty stomach 20-30 mins before a meal or protein shake. This aids in absorption!

oscarjones is offline Banned
    If you have excess hydrochloric acid in your stomach, this could be the result of the burning and reflux.

Or simply, because you ingested food too quickly after working out, and since all your blood is pumped into whatever muscle group you were working out (legs for example), instead of being in your abdominal region to help support normal gastro tendancies, you could just be upchucking from loss of control.

Well, I don't drink coffee(never did) and don't eat chocolates/candies but i drink lots of mango juice(without preservatives and artificial colors). Although, I can always feel the burning sensation on an empty stomach. I will stop drinking mango juice and replace it with some alkaline spring water.

Turkish Juicer, you suggest that i should drink 4-5L of spring water throughout the day?

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    you could have a peptic ulcer. has this been going on for a while or only when you take these supplements?

Quote Originally Posted by TopDogg View Post
    Well, I don't drink coffee(never did) and don't eat chocolates/candies but i drink lots of mango juice(without preservatives and artificial colors). Although, I can always feel the burning sensation on an empty stomach. I will stop drinking mango juice and replace it with some alkaline spring water.

Turkish Juicer, you suggest that i should drink 4-5L of spring water throughout the day?
    Sorry to say this but high amounts of fruit juice has no place in a BB's diet for various reasons.

Things get worse when you have high stomach acidity levels because most fruit juice is acidic by nature. Go to a doctor, you will hear exactly the same words and the following advices I am about to give:

Mango juice has a pH of 3.5 - 4.5, which makes it acidic. Not as acidic as lemon juice per se, but acidic enough to mess with your stomach since you have high acid levels to begin with. What you need to consume in terms of fluids and foods are the Alkaline ones, meaning anything with a pH of 7.0 and over. I suggest you completely stop your daily intake of acidic fruit and fruit juice if you want your stomach acid levels to be normalized. Drink lots of spring water in order to supress acidity levels and increase your body's overall pH level. It is summertime and you are physically active, so make sure you are getting 4-5 lt of high pH spring water in your body everyday.

Use this source for shifting your pH toward Alkaline, be your own doctor.

http://www.rense.com/1.mpicons/acidalka.htm

Turkish Juicer: thx, great link!

00ragincajun00: its genetic nothing new. those peptic ulcer signs/symptoms looks very familiar, might have to look into it!
    i have family members that have been eating like animals throughout their life and are slim, for example my uncle is 60yrs old, 5'9", that eats like a gorilla and is 72KG, and he told me that high acidity runs in the family which is why we barely or have a really hard time gaining weight, so i dunno. Although, i took some tests last year but nothing showed up, this time ill take one specific for peptic ulcer.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Juicer View Post
    Sorry to say this but high amounts of fruit juice has no place in a BB's diet for various reasons.

Things get worse when you have high stomach acidity levels because most fruit juice is acidic by nature. Go to a doctor, you will hear exactly the same words and the following advices I am about to give:

Mango juice has a pH of 3.5 - 4.5, which makes it acidic. Not as acidic as lemon juice per se, but acidic enough to mess with your stomach since you have high acid levels to begin with. What you need to consume in terms of fluids and foods are the Alkaline ones, meaning anything with a pH of 7.0 and over. I suggest you completely stop your daily intake of acidic fruit and fruit juice if you want your stomach acid levels to be normalized. Drink lots of spring water in order to supress acidity levels and increase your body's overall pH level. It is summertime and you are physically active, so make sure you are getting 4-5 lt of high pH spring water in your body everyday.
    Actually lemon juice is alkalizing. It is acidic in nature, but turns alkaline when you ingest it. Foods that have such effects are sometimes referred to as having an "alkaline ash". Drinking purified water with a bit of lemon squeezed into it, or some apple cider vinegar actually help alkalize the body.

Quote Originally Posted by oscarjones View Post
    Actually lemon juice is alkalizing. It is acidic in nature, but turns alkaline when you ingest it. Foods that have such effects are sometimes referred to as having an "alkaline ash". Drinking purified water with a bit of lemon squeezed into it, or some apple cider vinegar actually help alkalize the body.
    Lemon juice maybe ''anionic'' while fresh, a person with peptic ulcer will most likely react negatively to it. Same goes for black coffee, other acidic fruit juices and soft drinks as well as fermented alcohol such as beer and wine. There is a major difference between the practice of drinking purified water with a bit of lemon squeezed into it and actually drinking lemon juice itself, the latter will nevertheless elevate stomach acid levels, which is why I have initially adviced OP to drop the lemon juice.

Case in point, however most people don't actually have elevated stomach acid, it is usually reversed. In this guys case, you just don't know until you examine inside with an endoscopy to check for ulcers.

Thread Information