Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~

Most Important PWO Supps According To Weider

Actually, according to Dr Jim Stoppani who writes for Flex and M&F.

I was leafing through both mags at the newsagent the other day and found pretty much the same article in both mags. The NECESSARY supps are

Whey
    Casein
    BCAA's
    Beta alanine
    Fast acting carbs
    Creatine

The inference was, of course, that all of these should come in the form of powdered supplements. Heaven forbid anybody could eat a proper meal of the right foods to get a suitable nutrient cross section!

Post workout for me does normally consist of immediate 5g BCAA's and then a normal meal which certainly doesn't include fast acting carbs and I feel much better for it.

Occasionally I take Creatine but I don't see it as a must, I eat red meat every day.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Stem, you ever tried supplementing with just L-Leucine and not the other two BCAA's? I've read a lot of reports stating that leucine is by far the most important BCAA and taking the other two BCAA's with it can also lead to competition for absorption. For the past 3-4 months I've been supplementing w/ just leucine and have been liking the results. If you do decide make sure you get the instantized/micronized leucine as mixability can be a problem. It honestly taste pretty bad but I'm loving the results and it's cheaper than BCAA's. I use 5g upon waking, pre workout, and pwo.

DanB is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by M302_Imola
    Stem, you ever tried supplementing with just L-Leucine and not the other two BCAA's? I've read a lot of reports stating that leucine is by far the most important BCAA and taking the other two BCAA's with it can also lead to competition for absorption. For the past 3-4 months I've been supplementing w/ just leucine and have been liking the results. If you do decide make sure you get the instantized/micronized leucine as mixability can be a problem. It honestly taste pretty bad but I'm loving the results and it's cheaper than BCAA's. I use 5g upon waking, pre workout, and pwo.
    You ever follow dats cpwo or try his ''swell drink'' ?

All BCAA's taste like bunk if you ask me. No, I've never taken it alone. Most BCAA's in the UK have a 2:1:1 ratio so I buy extra leucine to make it a 4:1:1 ratio. I think that's more favourable but I could be wrong.

I still have about 4 months worth of BCAA's left but when I'm done I'll try the leucine alone.

What specifically have you noticed different?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DanB View Post
    You ever follow dats cpwo or try his ''swell drink'' ?
    No I haven't given Dat's cpwo a try yet...I was thinking about trying it out since I'm recomping right now but things are going good and I don't want to throw in another variable at this time. CPWO does interest me though...how about you? I haven't tried his swell drink either but again I've been looking into it as well. I've heard that if you already take a preworkout drink then the swell drink isn't really needed. I get great pumps and energy of the preworkout drink I'm currently taking so I might not mess w/ the swell drink at this time. Here's a thought though, you could run preworkout for about 2 months then switch to swell drink for 2 months and repeat...might be a nice switchup for the body.

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    All BCAA's taste like bunk if you ask me. No, I've never taken it alone. Most BCAA's in the UK have a 2:1:1 ratio so I buy extra leucine to make it a 4:1:1 ratio. I think that's more favourable but I could be wrong.

I still have about 4 months worth of BCAA's left but when I'm done I'll try the leucine alone.

What specifically have you noticed different?
    I've noticed more muscle without an increase in bf as well as better recovery. If you think about it you're getting enough valine and isoleucine from your protein powders (both whey and casein) so you're not going to be deficient in these if you only supplement w/ leucine. Give leucine a shot after you run out of BCAA's. I order mine in bullk from true nutrition .com

DanB is offline Banned
    Ste the usp bcaa has 7:1:1 and is usually reasonably priced if that interests you......

Quote Originally Posted by DanB
    Ste the usp bcaa has 7:1:1 and is usually reasonably priced if that interests you......
    It'll definitely taste better than bulk powders, cheers!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

DanB is offline Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM

It'll definitely taste better than bulk powders, cheers!
    Sorry its actually 8:1:1

Grape bubbleegum ummmmmm

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Actually, according to Dr Jim Stoppani who writes for Flex and M&F.

I was leafing through both mags at the newsagent the other day and found pretty much the same article in both mags. The NECESSARY supps are

Whey
    Casein
    BCAA's
    Beta alanine
    Fast acting carbs
    Creatine

The inference was, of course, that all of these should come in the form of powdered supplements. Heaven forbid anybody could eat a proper meal of the right foods to get a suitable nutrient cross section!

Post workout for me does normally consist of immediate 5g BCAA's and then a normal meal which certainly doesn't include fast acting carbs and I feel much better for it.

Occasionally I take Creatine but I don't see it as a must, I eat red meat every day.
    I should send an email to Dr. Stoppani and ask how the BBs of golden era grew like the way they did without any of these modern supplements...

n00bs is offline Member
    You guys realise that your post workout nutrition comes from your pre workout meal intake..?

And that its not suprising that some douche he writes for an advertisement mag recommends all the products in it.

Creatine
    Beta Alanine
    Whey/Casein if you cant reach your daily intake without going over/under calories

Quote Originally Posted by n00bs
    You guys realise that your post workout nutrition comes from your pre workout meal intake..?

And that its not suprising that some douche he writes for an advertisement mag recommends all the products in it.

Creatine
    Beta Alanine
    Whey/Casein if you cant reach your daily intake without going over/under calories
    That was supposed to be my point but I guess it didn't come across that way.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

n00bs is offline Member
    lol sorry, i just read a i want to get ripped creatine not bulk creatine thread so was in that mode. lol

appolagies

Quote Originally Posted by n00bs
    lol sorry, i just read a i want to get ripped creatine not bulk creatine thread so was in that mode. lol

appolagies
    No worries mate, I retread it and I wasn't any where near sarcastic enough about Dr Salesman. Dude is in good shape though!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Far from massive is offline Knowledgeable Member
    No worries mate, I retread it and I wasn't any where near sarcastic enough about Dr Salesman. Dude is in good shape though!
    All the result or weedies supps not doubt!

Rhodium is offline Junior Member
    its interesting he prefers fast acting carbs, not slow acting like what everyone on here seems to prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhodium
    its interesting he prefers fast acting carbs, not slow acting like what everyone on here seems to prefer.
    He is a salesman for a supplement company!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Thread Information