Hello
    im from Kingston ON and im trying to put on lean muscle mass
    21 years old
    5 11"
    currently 189 lbs
    BMI not sure, im chubby around the midrift
    ive been checking out the forum alot
    currently im using the body building pendulum workout on this
    forum and i am in week 3 of the first cycle, i also added the "so you want abs" workout as well to work my core
    i play varsity rugby and am taking suppliments
    i take
    Blue star omega pills 2x in morning 2x at night
    Animal training packs pills usually one pack, sometimes 2 if i did rugby and workout

My pre workout supp is
    muscletech neurocore super-concentrated pre-workout stimulant
    mixed with Bluestar purblue creatine

Post workout
    Blue star whey cGMP grade protein shake enhanced with flaxseed, CLA and digestive enzymes
    mixed with allmax 100% pure japanese micronized glutamine (pharmaceutical grade)

I also take glutamine during the day for recovery

I have 3 meals aday, i eat at a mess so i do not prepare my own food, its pretty much the same thing everyday though, there is rice, potatos, green veggies, chicken, fish and a kind of red meat, a pasta bar and salade bar, sandwiches for lunch, breakfest is always either pancakes,eggs, bacon or sausage, french toast, beans, oatmeal or cereal.

Im looking for good advice on techniques, workouts, suppliments, anything to build myself and enhance my performance
    Thank you

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You'll need to make a variety of fundamental changes as well as more minor modifications to your diet if you want to build lean muscle mass...

Here are some of the golden nutritional principles;

1. Avoid all simple sugars.

2. Avoid all pre-packaged foods.

3. Avoid processed food, especially meat. This means you say good bye to bacon and sausage. You can always eat 99% fat free Turkey bacon if you crave it, but you have to make sure it is low sodium. Same goes for beef jerky.

4. Your carb sources will be complex from now on: oats, lentils, sweet potatoes, brown and white rice, couscous, Ezekiel bread and very low GI fruit can be consumed such as blueberries.

5. If you are carb sensitive and/or lactose intolerant, avoiding all dairy is usually a good idea. There are much better protein sources than milk, whether in the form of natural protein or a supplement form of it.

6. Do NOT rely on supplements. A protein shake PWO and your current Creatine are all you need. Glutamine is not yet scientifically proven to do what the sup. industry claims it does. Same goes for CLA. They don't necessarily deliver results expect for that your wallet is thinner by the end of each month.

7. You should avoid alcohol as much as possible. Key to growth is recovery and alcohol, especially when hard-partying is involved, can be a major cause of stress for your metabolism, hence hindering growth.

Others will take it from where I left.

double post
    Last edited by Turkish Juicer; 01-30-2013 at 01:50 PM.

Legion714 is offline New Member
    thank you thats very informative ill make sure to adjust my diet and supps accordingly and yea i posted in two diff forums b/c i wanted supp advice as well as nutrition.
    also the food i listed isnt wat i eat in a day but the options i generally have to choose from, recently ive been sticking with chicken or fish, rice,some potatos (avoiding fried), green veggies (salad with virgin olive oil) no desserts or pop, im really trying hard to build myself right

Healthy fats are also an essential part of eating like a pro...

EVOO, raw nuts (walnuts, almonds, peanuts, pistachios etc.), raw seeds (flax seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds etc.), natural PB, fish oils, cold pressed grape seed oil along with other cold-pressed seed oil as listed above and some saturated fat from natural sources that are abundant in egg yolks, red meat and dairy are essential to both human health and muscle building purposes.

auswest is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Turkish do you not see the benefits of simple sugars immediately post workout, there is so much controversy on the subject, however I have still been able to maintain 8%bf if not lose some using 80g dextrose immediately post workout, also combined with 50g protein, my recovery is great and am looking very lean and full.
    What are your takes on the so allied insulin spiking postworkout

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by auswest
    Turkish do you not see the benefits of simple sugars immediately post workout, there is so much controversy on the subject, however I have still been able to maintain 8%bf if not lose some using 80g dextrose immediately post workout, also combined with 50g protein, my recovery is great and am looking very lean and full.
    Calories may be calories but there is no sense spiking insulin at all IMO. You realise that ingesting carbs kill GH release? To ingest fast acting simple sugars immediately post workout is, quite frankly, GH suicide, when GH levels are higher than almost any other point in the day.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

cj111 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Chalk one up for bro science, I have never ever read any proof that this is real, or actually works, its all here say.

Quote Originally Posted by auswest View Post
    I agree with SteM on this subject.

I am not a big fan of the idea of PWO insulin spike, and also happen to believe that PWO insulin spike is a big old justification ground for the many sugar loaded PWO products of the supplement industry.

Insulin maybe an anabolic hormone; however, it also serves metabolism to a great extent by feeding the already existing fat reserves. If you are taking 80gr of Dextrose PWO and not gaining BF, well, I am glad that this is the case for you. I can only imagine that you have a very low CHO sensitivity and possibly on high doses of gear?

Try going under 8% BF with 80gr Dextrose intake, you would see this to be a quite hard task to attain...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Juicer

I agree with SteM on this subject.

I am not a big fan of the idea of PWO insulin spike, and also happen to believe that PWO insulin spike is a big old justification ground for the many sugar loaded PWO products of the supplement industry.

Insulin maybe an anabolic hormone; however, it also serves metabolism to a great extent by feeding the already existing fat reserves. If you are taking 80gr of Dextrose PWO and not gaining BF, well, I am glad that this is the case for you. I can only imagine that you have a very low CHO sensitivity and possibly on high doses of gear?

Try going under 8% BF with 80gr Dextrose intake, you would see this to be a quite hard task to attain...
    True but when you're going lower than 8% I doubt building muscle is a goal, so this type of nutrition would be off limits possibly
    Insulin is our strongest anabolic hormone taking advantage of it when your body is in its most catabolic state just makes so much sense.

I never really cared much for it, but have recently become a big fan of gregg plitt and aspire to him as the ideal physique, he incorporates this method, and it sure as hell doesn't effect him negatively, would he be the same without it who knows, it's all about finding out what works for the individual, I believe if your diet is 100% and all carbs are accounted for and worked into your macros, it is almost a contradiction to say you'll gain fat as most people stating insulin spiking is bro science do not believe in nutrition timing and slow/fast carbs they just look at your total for the day..

Quote Originally Posted by auswest View Post
    True but when you're going lower than 8% I doubt building muscle is a goal, so this type of nutrition would be off limits possibly
    Insulin is our strongest anabolic hormone taking advantage of it when your body is in its most catabolic state just makes so much sense.

I never really cared much for it, but have recently become a big fan of gregg plitt and aspire to him as the ideal physique, he incorporates this method, and it sure as hell doesn't effect him negatively, would he be the same without it who knows, it's all about finding out what works for the individual, I believe if your diet is 100% and all carbs are accounted for and worked into your macros, it is almost a contradiction to say you'll gain fat as most people stating insulin spiking is bro science do not believe in nutrition timing and slow/fast carbs they just look at your total for the day..
    As I have said before, if it is working for you and Gregg, great. Many of us here are simply not blessed with the genetics of an ecto-meso and get fat when high GI simple sugars are incorporated to our diet. We can discuss whether PWO insulin spike is bro-science or not but a fact about Dextrose remains at the end of the day: it is pure sugar with a GI well over 140 on the index and it is simply not healthy.

Have you ever come across with the term ''metabolic syndrome'' and possibly looked into the relation between consumption of high GI CHO and inflammation of the circulatory system as well as oxidation of cholesterol?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Juicer

Have you ever come across with the term ''metabolic syndrome'' and possibly looked into the relation between consumption of high GI CHO and inflammation of the circulatory system as well as oxidation of cholesterol?
    Yes but sounded like bro science so quickly dismissed it.
    Haha nah I haven't ill have a read cheers,

I understand ingesting dextrose is not a healthy thing to do, but I think you would struggle to out weigh healthy things we do with the unhealthy.

Yes I am lucky enough to be ecto/mes body type, gaining weight is fkn hard until lifting I lived off junk and never gained an oz didn't have abs though mind you, so I can get away with alot that others cant, since posting this I am now using sizeon intra workout which contains 40g of carbs formulated for the reason I do it, I have now chosen to drop all dextrose post workout and will stick to lower gi carbs.

Thanks

Thread Information