• 1 Post By M302_Imola
  • 1 Post By M302_Imola
  • 1 Post By M302_Imola
  • 1 Post By M302_Imola
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 2 Post By Black Beard
  • 1 Post By almostgone
  • 1 Post By M302_Imola

Thread: suggestions on making insulin a lot more sensitive...??

e30bavarian is offline New Member

suggestions on making insulin a lot more sensitive...??

Hi All,

suggestions on making insulin a lot more sensitive...??

Den-

smile is offline Junior Member
    Eating high GI foods will cause you insulin to spike and simple sugars ,dextrose and maltodextrin.
    Are you training to gain mass?

Until the end of december 2013 I want to loose as much fat as I can while retaining lean muscle tissue. Problem is I did a Dirty bulk for 1 year and after my denial of actually measuring my waist and seing 43" I got in a major fat burning protocol called "IF" intermittent fasting and "CBL" carb back loading and it helped me loose fat and retain muscle but now Im trying to find the root cause of the problem and it looks 100% insulin related and Im trying to fix it so not only I loose fat but can maintain a level of leanless but help protein synthesis when I start gaining weight/muscle again in january 2014.(natty of course..not ready for EXTRA supplements yet) So I heard there are ways to fix my insulin resistance with proper natural supplements (chromium,etc..) so wondering what you experience folks could help me with this... (attach a pick of my progress so you know were I come from) Am 5'9" btw..Click image for larger version. 

Name:	den changes.jpg 
Views:	236 
Size:	489.0 KB 
ID:	146802

smile is offline Junior Member
    Separate you carbs and fats , when you eat carbs you spike up your insulin and if you eat fats with the carbs you are going to store more fat in your body.
    For your carbs only consume low GI which are oats and rice.
    This is going to help you cut down a little bit and if you want to retain muscle increase your protein.
    Just hit the NUTRITION threads and get your diet in check. Start eating clean and you will lose fat and gain muscle.
    e30bavarian likes this.

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    What you want is to increase your insulin sensitivity. A good way to measure this is taking fasted blood glucose readings first thing in the morn. The closer you are to 100 the more insulin resistant (opposite of insulin sensitive) you are. Readings of 80-90 means you're insulin sensitive and thus your body will absorb and process glucose (carbs) more efficiently. So start by buying a BG meter and start testing...it's best to take a 2 week avg as daily readings can be off. There are certain supplements that can help (R-ALA), but diet will be the most help. You mentioned doing carb back loading but have you ever heard of carbless post workout (CPWO). Essentially you don't have carbs for at least 5 hours after your workout...this is said to increase protein synthesis and insulin sensitivity which I have personally tried and witnessed both of these 1st hand. My fasted BG before starting CPWO was around 95 and after a month on the CPWO diet it had dropped to 80-85 and I became a lot leaner while staying around the same weight. I've been running this diet for about a year now and don't see myself going away from it as lean gains are what I'm after these days.
    Last edited by M302_Imola; 12-10-2013 at 06:27 AM.
    rotty2 and e30bavarian like this.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Want to increase insulin sensitivity?
    Avoid sugar and other high GI carbs.

Quote Originally Posted by M302_Imola View Post
    What you want is to increase your insulin sensitivity. A good way to measure this is taking fasted blood glucose readings first thing in the morn. The closer you are to 100 the more insulin resistant (opposite of insulin sensitive) you are. Readings of 80-90 means your insulin sensitive and thus your body will absorb and process glucose (carbs) more efficiently. So start by buying a BG meter and start testing...it's best to take a 2 week avg as daily readings can be off. There are certain supplements that can help (R-ALA), but diet will be the most help. You mentioned doing carb back loading but have you ever heard of carbless post workout (CPWO). Essentially you don't have carbs for at least 5 hours after your workout...this is said to increase protein synthesis and insulin sensitivity which I have personally tried and witnessed both of these 1st hand. My fasted BG before starting CPWO was around 95 and after a month on the CPWO diet it had dropped to 80-85 and I became a lot leaner while staying around the same weight. I've been running this diet for about a year now and don't see myself going away from it as lean gains are what I'm after these days.
    Man SOLID advice I will do this test. Thank you so much

Quote Originally Posted by e30bavarian View Post
    Man SOLID advice I will do this test. Thank you so much
    No problem...hit me up with a PM if you have any questions.
    e30bavarian likes this.

Hey thanks man totally appreciate the help

Hey thanks man totally appreciate the help
    No prob...one BMW enthusiast helping another
    e30bavarian likes this.

No prob...one BMW enthusiast helping another
    NNNNNNICE!! man I'm a Huge BMW enthusiast do all my work by myself in my garage..I owned 2003 330i supercharged Active Autowerkes....then 2006 330i..then 2003 X5 4.4i.. but fell in love with the 1984-1991 (E30) models.... so I build 2 1 is a 1987 black 325i very unique Twincharged setup with 500HP snapping drive axles...lol... and a 1990 red vert with a 3.5 (M30) swap!!

what ride(s) do you have?

NNNNNNICE!! man I'm a Huge BMW enthusiast do all my work by myself in my garage..I owned 2003 330i supercharged Active Autowerkes....then 2006 330i..then 2003 X5 4.4i.. but fell in love with the 1984-1991 (E30) models.... so I build 2 1 is a 1987 black 325i very unique Twincharged setup with 500HP snapping drive axles...lol... and a 1990 red vert with a 3.5 (M30) swap!!

what ride(s) do you have?
    That's awesome bro...wish you lived close to me (I'm in TN) would love to go for a ride! I do like me some old school bimmers! I've got a '02 E46 M3...I've had her for 7 years now...I recently picked up a '05 Acura TSX as my daily so the M is a garage queen now! lol I have quite a few mods done to her but haven't went forced induction yet...I want to...just need to save up as this car is expensive to FI. Not the best pics of her...I need to get a professional to take pics soon.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1.jpg 
Views:	145 
Size:	34.5 KB 
ID:	146919Click image for larger version. 

Name:	6.jpg 
Views:	146 
Size:	192.1 KB 
ID:	146920Click image for larger version. 

Name:	5.jpg 
Views:	151 
Size:	236.6 KB 
ID:	146921Click image for larger version. 

Name:	status_coilovers_side.jpg 
Views:	171 
Size:	1.10 MB 
ID:	146922
    e30bavarian likes this.

Yeah I wish I had enthusiasts close by but I seem to be the only one around in my neighborhood... You got taste my man thats a beautiful clean clean car.

The E46 M3 is my dream car probably the most perfect car ever built... they are expensive still and for a reason they keep their value. Forced Induction is expensive on them for sure its complicated mechanic but they are monsters after example u probably seen the Active autowerkes Superchargers kits?? or the crazy horsepower freaks turbo kits...

One day I may have the loot to buy me a clean one like yours.

**btw I want to PM you but I dont know how or its not giving me that option..?!?

Yeah I wish I had enthusiasts close by but I seem to be the only one around in my neighborhood... You got taste my man thats a beautiful clean clean car.

The E46 M3 is my dream car probably the most perfect car ever built... they are expensive still and for a reason they keep their value. Forced Induction is expensive on them for sure its complicated mechanic but they are monsters after example u probably seen the Active autowerkes Superchargers kits?? or the crazy horsepower freaks turbo kits...

One day I may have the loot to buy me a clean one like yours.

**btw I want to PM you but I dont know how or its not giving me that option..?!?
    Thanks bro...it was my dream car as well so whenever I graduated college I treated myself. You should checkout the prices again because they have come way down. Unfortunately, my car is only worth about 1/3 of what I paid for it 7 years ago, but that's par for the course. That's also way I have no plans on selling it anytime soon. Yeah I've checked out Active's super charger kits and HPF...they do make the car a beast but you got to pay to play. I do plan on supercharging her in a couple of years when I'm able to save the funds...until then, she's super fun to drive (especially with the coilovers I recently put on her). As far as PM, I think you have to have a certain post count before you're allowed...maybe 100??? I'll shoot you a PM and maybe you can reply.

Edit: it won't let me PM you so try to get your thread count up to 100...I think there are "post count" threads where you can just post crap to get it up.
    Last edited by M302_Imola; 12-13-2013 at 06:41 AM.
    e30bavarian likes this.

sucks about the post count...but then again I think I understand why... didnt find the threads to post count but soon enough I should be up there...planning on staying for a good long time. I already learned a ton of stuff.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Maybe also give Austenite's thread a look regarding chromium.
    http://forums.steroid.com/supplement...-products.html
    e30bavarian likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

hey thanks for the link... been using chromium for a few days and not sure if its this....but I have removed 2 pounds of fat on maintenance calories too... I guess more time is needed to see but so far this is my only variable.

Black Beard is offline New Member
    Cardiovascular exercise and resistance training are proven to significantly increase the body's insulin sensitivity. Intermittent fasting can help you too. Magnesium supplementation also has a notable effect at 450 mg give or take. Coffee acutely decreases insulin sensitivity but over time increases it.

This is why exercise is one of the best preventative measures to take against diabetes. Your body becomes more efficient at glucose uptake, it has to in order to adapt to the exercise.
    M302_Imola and e30bavarian like this.

I workout on the MI40 principles... probably one of the hardest resistance training out there already. I'm finding that my insulin management cocktail of supplements (chromium, R-ALA, cinamon,fenugreek) are working amazingly well... muscles are rounder, fuller, loosing even more fat and increased carbs from 300-500grams a day after training.

I workout on the MI40 principles... probably one of the hardest resistance training out there already. I'm finding that my insulin management cocktail of supplements (chromium, R-ALA, cinamon,fenugreek) are working amazingly well... muscles are rounder, fuller, loosing even more fat and increased carbs from 300-500grams a day after training.
    Did you get a BG meter? Just curious as to how you know your insulin sensitivity cocktail is working?

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Personally, I think everyone that trains intensely/heavy would benefit from either having a glucometer or access to one. If nothing else, it helps you learn more about yourself and reaction to heavy work.
    M302_Imola likes this.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    as i diabetic and being part of allot of diabetic groups , i don't know of anyone that supplements have helped to increase insulin sensitivity,
    As everyone else gave you good advice, diet and exercise is the best way
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

oh and i have an 01 330i with a motor out of an 08' 5 series, It has euro headers with no cats and full exhaust. Under drive pulies and a tune from active auto werk

Quote Originally Posted by gixxerboy1 View Post
    as i diabetic and being part of allot of diabetic groups , i don't know of anyone that supplements have helped to increase insulin sensitivity,
    As everyone else gave you good advice, diet and exercise is the best way
    R-ALA has been proven to be effective at increasing insulin sensitivity and thus preventing diabetes. Pharmaceutical companies actually tried to patent it as a diabetic medication, but since it's a natural occurring supplement they weren't able to patent it. So it's pretty strong stuff when used correctly...also works well in conjunction with Biotin. But like you've stated this has to be coupled with diet and exercise for true results.

oh and i have an 01 330i with a motor out of an 08' 5 series, It has euro headers with no cats and full exhaust. Under drive pulies and a tune from active auto werk
    Sweet ride! I'm running euro headers (no cats) full exhaust and modified air intake on my '02 M3...need to get a tune for the complete package but I want to supercharge soon.
    C3RB3RUS likes this.

R-ALA has been proven to be effective at increasing insulin sensitivity and thus preventing diabetes. Pharmaceutical companies actually tried to patent it as a diabetic medication, but since it's a natural occurring supplement they weren't able to patent it. So it's pretty strong stuff when used correctly...also works well in conjunction with Biotin. But like you've stated this has to be coupled with diet and exercise for true results.

Sweet ride! I'm running euro headers (no cats) full exhaust and modified air intake on my '02 M3...need to get a tune for the complete package but I want to supercharge soon.
    I've seen some type 2 talk about it and say they noticed nothing. But who knows if they were using it properly

Active auto werks have some bad ass supercharged ones in their shop

I've seen some type 2 talk about it and say they noticed nothing. But who knows if they were using it properly

Active auto werks have some bad ass supercharged ones in their shop
    Yeah this is true...I think that most R-ALA users wait until to long to try the supplement. When you become to insulin resistant and the body quits secreting insulin R-ALA isn't going to help. But for those that are borderline with fasted BG levels of 100-110 R-ALA can help (with proper diet and exercise).

Yeah Active makes some quality superchargers for my application but hard to drop 10-15K on something like that at this point in my life. Unfortunately, home improvements trump car mods right now

BTW, feel free to comment as much as you like...love seeing your hot wife in your avatar (you're a lucky man, as I'm sure you're aware)!

Thread Information