Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Keatz
  • 1 Post By Bonaparte

Thread: Cannabis and its Effect on Bodybuilding

Keatz is offline New Member

Cannabis and its Effect on Bodybuilding

I wasn't quite sure which forum to post this in, so if a mod thinks it would be more appropriate in a different one, feel free to move it.

I've read and heard from multiple sources that regular LEGAL use of MEDICINAL Cannabis by those with a prescription causes estro levels to rise. I have a prescription for Cannabis to help treat my glaucoma. I initially thought cannabis couldn't hurt my ability to gain muscle mass because if I medicate post-workout one of the side-effects is I eat like crazy. Obviously I'm not trying to recommend pot as a bodybuilding supplement, I'm just curious if anyone can verify that it does increase estro and/or hinder gains. Can anyone provide some input from personal experience and/or research?
    Last edited by Keatz; 02-13-2014 at 02:08 PM.

Bedford is offline Senior Member
    Sorry bud but I think this falls under the rules -

10. Categorically no discussion of Recreational Drugs of any kind for any reason.

http://forums.steroid.com/new-male-m...-warnings.html

Keatz is offline New Member
    Medicinal Cannabis is prescribed to thousands of people, it is considered a prescription medicine just like any other. Just because some people abuse it recreationally doesn't merit its classification as a purely recreational drug. This thread is equivalent to someone who is prescribed alprazolam asking if their dosage recommended by their doctor could hinder their bodybuilding in any way.
    Last edited by Keatz; 02-13-2014 at 02:06 PM.
    kronik420 likes this.

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Sorry man, but we do not discuss controlled substances (apart from PEDs), regardless of whether they are prescribed or not. Same goes for pain meds and such.

But so you drop the subject happily: yes, it increases estrogen a bit. But so do soy, plastic water bottles, and tons of other things. It shouldn't make much difference and isn't worth worrying about.
    Last edited by Bonaparte; 02-13-2014 at 04:29 PM.
    Keatz likes this.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Closed

against the rules sorry

Thread Information