Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By gearbox

Thread: effective mass gainers

hulkBuster is offline New Member

effective mass gainers

What are some fast effecting mass gainer or meal replacement out. Im currently taking serious mass by ON. Mixes well and tastes good too. Wanna know if there a better product out thats on the healthy side.
    Thanx

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    I dont know much about the product mentioned but a alot of weight gainers are loaded in sugar to get the calories.
    If I has to suggest one it would be CytoGainer.

chi
    chi is offline Knowledgeable Member
    if you prefer gluten free monster mass is a great mass gainer but if you can tolerate gluten up your mass from mhp is awesome

chi
    chi is offline Knowledgeable Member
    both have great carbs with up your mass deriving them from wheat, barley, and oats and monster mass from waxy maize

Blog Entries
    I love to read the labels where they say 250g of carbohydrates with no added sugars.

What do they think carbohydrates are? --> SUGARS!

Best advice I can give you is to read the labels carefully and chose the best one that you consider "healthier"

IMO its better to just throw in a couple of extra meals into your day. This way you control the macros and their source.

Remember that increase in calories does not mean increase in muscle mass.
    If you would like me to expand on this repost with your stats and experience in training.
    Age, current weight, height, bf%, years of training, all these play into how much gains you can make in a year.

I am 5'10. 165lbs. Age 25. I really don't know my body fat%. I've been training for the past 4 years with little gains. My body's more so toning than gaining weight. My calorie intake is at 3500(though I don't always reach that by the end of the night.)

gearbox is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Just eat clean meals of chicken brown rice and fish sweet potato
    being 25 your probably eating out a but also which is basically junk. Yes it's hard to gain but not really if you put your full effort into it.

I wouldn't say one mass gainer over the other. You just need to eat and eat right. This doesn't include a large pizza or some tacos from the local shop

Quote Originally Posted by hulkBuster View Post
    I am 5'10. 165lbs. Age 25. I really don't know my body fat%. I've been training for the past 4 years with little gains. My body's more so toning than gaining weight. My calorie intake is at 3500(though I don't always reach that by the end of the night.)
    Enjoy the lean look while you can cause in 15 years you will be the opposite probably. Ex- I'm eating 1900 calories a day and still gaining fat haha
    so enjoy
    songdog likes this.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Whey
    Powdered oats
    Banana
    Natty PB

Homemade shake full of natural goodness.

Lovely
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by chi View Post
    both have great carbs with up your mass deriving them from wheat, barley, and oats and monster mass from waxy maize
    Sorry what mhp.

Quote Originally Posted by gearbox View Post
    Just eat clean meals of chicken brown rice and fish sweet potato
    being 25 your probably eating out a but also which is basically junk. Yes it's hard to gain but not really if you put your full effort into it.

I wouldn't say one mass gainer over the other. You just need to eat and eat right. This doesn't include a large pizza or some tacos from the local shop
    3500 calorie intake. Would you say im on the right track with that. I'm becoming more discipline on eating. I only engage in the junk food every once in awhile. For the past 4 years I've shoved my face with chicken, steak, fish, white rice, yoplait yogurts, men health mix peanuts, serious mass mass gainer as a meal replacment.

Blog Entries
    IMO your calories are too high. At your age I would guess the max lean muscle mass you could possibly hope to gain in one year of workout is between 5-10lbs.
    That would only require 300-500 extra calories above your base line per day.

If I was you I would cut calories to 2500 max per day and focus on turning flab into muscle.

Weight is irrelevant, bf% is where all the action is.

If you have not seen gains in 4 years, you need to seriously revise your workout program.

-Cheers

3500 calorie intake. Would you say im on the right track with that. I'm becoming more discipline on eating. I only engage in the junk food every once in awhile. For the past 4 years I've shoved my face with chicken, steak, fish, white rice, yoplait yogurts, men health mix peanuts, serious mass mass gainer as a meal replacment.
    Need your stats. You may have a tdee of 3000 and your young metabolism! Diet is the key here. It takes long term dedication. Most stop after 2 weeks saying it's not working. Have patience and push forward.

bib is right i do cottage cheese shakes with berries natty peanut butter bunch of goodness!

shaunjohn242002 is offline Associate Member
    I've been drinking it for a few weeks now, gnc had it. I went there to get amp weight gainer. It was only 37 bucks which is pretty damn cheap for a weight gainer at gnc. I'm very pleased with it so far. I was surprised I actually liked the taste. If weight is what your after then it's a good choice. Of course you know that it will never be as good as real food. But if you have a fast metabolism or a job where you burn a shitload of calories, I think its great

Quote Originally Posted by hellomycognomen View Post
    IMO your calories are too high. At your age I would guess the max lean muscle mass you could possibly hope to gain in one year of workout is between 5-10lbs.
    That would only require 300-500 extra calories above your base line per day.

If I was you I would cut calories to 2500 max per day and focus on turning flab into muscle.

Weight is irrelevant, bf% is where all the action is.

If you have not seen gains in 4 years, you need to seriously revise your workout program.

-Cheers
    No weight gain, more of a transformation of the physique, I will post an thread today about my workout, would like to hear your thoughts on it.

Thread Information