Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Times Roman
  • 1 Post By fitnesstrainer

Thread: "Newly discovered" benefits of Creatine

OdinsOtherSon is offline Knowledgeable Member

"Newly discovered" benefits of Creatine

After doing a quick search of the supplement forum, I found ~ 7 direct question regarding the use of creatine as a supplement in the last year. As most, I used creatine as part of my supplementation regime. I gave it up about a year and a half ago due to having some bloodwork come back that demonstrated decreased kidney function. Granted, I took 10grams of creatine the day before and I must admit my H2O intake was not what it should have been. Of course not maintaining adequate hydration is bad, in and of itself, but couple that with creatine supplementation and naturally it will stress your renal function. So my dumping of creatine was quite possibly a knee jerk reaction that didn't solve my real problem.

After considering the above and reading a new article from LEF regarding additional benefits of creatine supplementation, I think I will be re-introducing creatine into my diet and continue to insure my hydration level is maintained this time! Here is a link to the article I'm referring to. Very interesting stuff here.

Creatine Reduces Markers Of Aging - Life Extension

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OdinsOtherSon View Post
    After doing a quick search of the supplement forum, I found ~ 7 direct question regarding the use of creatine as a supplement in the last year. As most, I used creatine as part of my supplementation regime. I gave it up about a year and a half ago due to having some bloodwork come back that demonstrated decreased kidney function. Granted, I took 10grams of creatine the day before and I must admit my H2O intake was not what it should have been. Of course not maintaining adequate hydration is bad, in and of itself, but couple that with creatine supplementation and naturally it will stress your renal function. So my dumping of creatine was quite possibly a knee jerk reaction that didn't solve my real problem.

After considering the above and reading a new article from LEF regarding additional benefits of creatine supplementation, I think I will be re-introducing creatine into my diet and continue to insure my hydration level is maintained this time! Here is a link to the article I'm referring to. Very interesting stuff here.

Creatine Reduces Markers Of Aging - Life Extension
    Are you still using the 10g per day dose?

No, I've not used creatine in 1.5 years; however, I'm probably going to re-intro it into my daily intake. I never took 10g a day, everyday...just on leg and back day as those days are hard and heavy for me. Like I said, I don't think the creatine itself was the problem in my bw, rather, it was my lack of proper water intake to process it.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    I read somewhere along time ago that five grams/day is sufficient to fully saturate creatine levels in the body. the ten gram amount I read is a loading amount, and the five is the maintenance amount.
    OdinsOtherSon likes this.

CanadaStrong88 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    I read somewhere along time ago that five grams/day is sufficient to fully saturate creatine levels in the body. the ten gram amount I read is a loading amount, and the five is the maintenance amount.
    Yeah. Alot of people ive talked to dont recommend a loading phase either, just 5g/day

The gist of the article really wasn't directed to the "bodybuilding" crowd. We all know, 5g a day. If you read the article it was addressing the potential benefits of creatine in the use of other health related issued whose dosages where considerably higher than our typical 5g per day.

fitnesstrainer is offline Associate Member
    LOL I love how the first sentence states "build muscle strength without steroids ." Why is that even necessary in the article? Great post. Ive taken 10g a day for quite a while and like it. Not sure if 10g is better than 5g but its so cheap I don't even care to do the research.
    Khazima likes this.

zempey is offline Anabolic Member
    Good read, I have always taken creatine when training. I take 10-15g per day, I mix 5g into my pre workout and workout drink, then a couple grams into my post workout shake. I put a scoop of BCAA's in each drink as well.

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fitnesstrainer View Post
    LOL I love how the first sentence states "build muscle strength without steroids." Why is that even necessary in the article? Great post. Ive taken 10g a day for quite a while and like it. Not sure if 10g is better than 5g but its so cheap I don't even care to do the research.
    Same haha, it's cheap enough to just chuck a scoop that's definitely over 5g into my shake post workout every day.

Kozmo is offline Associate Member
    Creatine loading is supplement company flim flam

Thread Information