• 1 Post By Khazima
  • 1 Post By Irishpunk

Thread: Is It Time To Switch?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Irishpunk is offline New Member

Is It Time To Switch?

Hey Everyone,
    Ive been taking the same supplements for quite some time, I spent a lot of time and money doing trial and error to find the products that I thought had the best effect for me. Lately they don't seem to be doing what they used to do. Specifically I use ISOPURE Zero Carb protein, C4,Animal-Pak,Animal Cuts, And Gold Standard Casein. Any thoughts?

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Thoughts would be to save your money and spend it on food. I know your goal is to cut but, tbh, all you need is a solid diet and cardio regime right now.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

My diet has been pretty consistent since the start of this adventure. while im no good at breaking out the exact values of all my foods I prep cook twice a week and always stick with this basic model 7 days a week,

B-3 boiled eggs-1/2cup boiled oats-P-shake
    m2- 4oz chicken-1/2cup jasmine rice or sweet potato-1 1/2 cups broccoli
    m3 and m4 same as meal m2.
    while extremely boring and basically tasteless I stay full and feel really good and ive been doing this for over a year and lost nearly 100lbs. I always do a considerable amount of cardio after my workouts. 40-60min of high intensity or interval cardio. my workouts are long and intense with extremely high reps at a challenging weight.

I would like to add some of my transformation pictures but I don't seem to have the permission to do so at this point.

Khazima is offline Knowledgeable Member
    BIB is right, save your money. Supplements are one of the biggest scam industries there are, the supplements you're using are practically useless and your results wouldn't differ at all if you switched the protein powders for food.

After doing quite a bit more digging in the diet section here, Im thinking about switching up my meal plan. However I still cannot find the answer on how much protein/carbs etc. to consume for my particular weight/goals

Quote Originally Posted by Irishpunk View Post
    After doing quite a bit more digging in the diet section here, Im thinking about switching up my meal plan. However I still cannot find the answer on how much protein/carbs etc. to consume for my particular weight/goals
    We need to know your weight/bf% and goals to help with that..

A good general rule of thumb is 1-1.5g protein per lb of lean body mass. 0.4-0.6 per lb of LBM (i don't advise going below 60g) and fill the rest of your calories with carbs. You should be able to find your TDEE (total daily energy expenditure) using an online 'TDEE calculator' quite easily.
    Last edited by Khazima; 12-16-2014 at 03:04 PM.
    Irishpunk likes this.

Ok, looking more into this. My TDEE is 3365. My weight as of this morning is 278. im 6'2 and 24 years old. Having a hard time getting an exact BF% but based on the pictures ive seen here on the forums im somewhere in the 30-35%ish range. I have much more muscle mass than those pictures ive seen but with the fat gut and bitch tits. My current thought is almost doubling my current protein intake and slightly decreasing my carbs. I realize this post falls much more into the diet section than the supplement boards just let me know if i need to start a new thread.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey Everyone,
    Ive been taking the same supplements for quite some time, I spent a lot of time and money doing trial and error to find the products that I thought had the best effect for me. Lately they don't seem to be doing what they used to do. Specifically I use ISOPURE Zero Carb protein, C4,Animal-Pak,Animal Cuts, And Gold Standard Casein. Any thoughts?
    You could switch if you like. Sometimes your money is better spent on FOOD than supplements.

Hard_Body is offline Junior Member
    Animal cuts so useless, I noticed you don't have creatine there because that it is one of the few supplements that do work.

Quote Originally Posted by Hard_Body View Post
    Animal cuts so useless, I noticed you don't have creatine there because that it is one of the few supplements that do work.
    the only benefit ive really noticed the the animal cuts is an increase in sweat production. after a few days on cuts I all of a sudden turned into a walking sauna. so I kept taking it hoping its helping in some way, now im starting to realize none of it is helping much. as far as creatine goes I haven't touched it since highschool but willing to try it again. any brands you prefer?

Hard_Body is offline Junior Member
    the only benefit ive really noticed the the animal cuts is an increase in sweat production. after a few days on cuts I all of a sudden turned into a walking sauna. so I kept taking it hoping its helping in some way, now im starting to realize none of it is helping much. as far as creatine goes I haven't touched it since highschool but willing to try it again. any brands you prefer?
    Yeah all pretty much the same, one brand is not likely to give you better results then the other, I just bought 2 big tubs of ALLMAX creapure awhile back CREATINE MONOHYDRATE , made in Germany, The 2nd tub should last me another 5 or 6 months and that is with my dad sharing it, so i got like a years usage out of the 2 tubs. There are so many different types of creatine just don't stress out and spend hours researching trying to find the best one
    Irishpunk likes this.

Awesome, ill probably swing by after work and grab a small tub to check it out and look into bulk after that. I appreciate the advice

Just go to ebay and find the cheapest pure creatine monohydrate you can find and buy a big bag of it (i usually find 1kg at a time cheapest) to last ages, take 5g every day for the rest of your lifting life.

Increased sweat would mean that your body temperature is increased which does = more calories burnt since 60% of the bodies calories are burnt through body heat but if you're paying any more than 20 dolla for a months supply it's not worth it, it'll burn no more than 50-100 calories a day if that.

Your macros should be something like;

200g protein
    70g fats
    340g carbs

Which will be 2800 calories, a 500 calorie deficit. If you're not already tracking macros a great app for it is 'myfitnesspal'.
    Irishpunk likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Khazima View Post
    Just go to ebay and find the cheapest pure creatine monohydrate you can find and buy a big bag of it (i usually find 1kg at a time cheapest) to last ages, take 5g every day for the rest of your lifting life.

Increased sweat would mean that your body temperature is increased which does = more calories burnt since 60% of the bodies calories are burnt through body heat but if you're paying any more than 20 dolla for a months supply it's not worth it, it'll burn no more than 50-100 calories a day if that.

Your macros should be something like;

200g protein
    70g fats
    340g carbs

Which will be 2800 calories, a 500 calorie deficit. If you're not already tracking macros a great app for it is 'myfitnesspal'.
    That takes care of one of the biggest questions I had. thank you so much. I really appreciate it. I got the creatine after work and started it last night. also im adding a tub of it to my amazon Christmas cart.
    Khazima likes this.

Thread Information