Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By Bonaparte
  • 1 Post By Bonaparte
  • 1 Post By Bonaparte

Thread: Strongest OTC Appetite Supressant?

F4iGuy is offline Senior Member

Strongest OTC Appetite Supressant?

Unfortunately the only ephedrine I can purchase comes with guafinesin (Bronkaid). What is the next best thing to ephedrine for appetite suppression?

I tried EGCG which seems to work OK, but is there something better?

Bonaparte is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    What's wrong with guaifenesin?

Mp859 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    It will keep your sinuses clear as a PLUS

F4iGuy is offline Senior Member
    Is guaifenesin safe for long term use? Also can somebody remind me what the eca stack dosage should be?

I've never had any issues with it. What makes you think it might be unsafe?
    I'd just do 25 mg (one tab) of Bronkaid and 200 mg of caffeine several times daily.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    I've used guaifenesin syrup for 4 weeks straight to get my lungs cleared of crud and didn't have any issues other than increased thirst and a slight bit of heartburn.
    Make sure it is guaifenesin and ephedrine only. There is something in Mucinex FastMax DM that I can't tolerate. Even on my maintenance BP meds, it pushed my BP up into an undesirable range ( ~ 182/108) after 4 days of use.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

InternalFire is offline Anabolic Member
    get some nicotine gum 1mg every few hours kills your hunger like nothing, and if you combine some coffee with it, you're full of energy too for half a day

Quote Originally Posted by almostgone View Post
    There is something in Mucinex FastMax DM that I can't tolerate. Even on my maintenance BP meds, it pushed my BP up into an undesirable range ( ~ 182/108) after 4 days of use.
    Fastmax DM has dextromorphan, which is just a cough suppressant. But Fastmax (no DM) contains phenylephrine, a vasoconstrictor/nasal decongestant.
    almostgone likes this.

almostgone is online now AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonaparte View Post
    Fastmax DM has dextromorphan, which is just a cough suppressant. But Fastmax (no DM) contains phenylephrine, a vasoconstrictor/nasal decongestant.
    Ah, you sir, are correct. I looked at the bottle when I got home from work. It's the Mucinex FastMax Severe Cough and Congestion.
    The phenylephrine really jacked my BP up to a point it didn't need to be. It also explains why I felt so geeked when I took Ruhist. LOL, at least I didn't take the Ruhist and the FastMax at the same time.
    Weird how the body changes as you get older/have ailments. I used to be fairly tolerant of most stimulants/decongestants
    Last edited by almostgone; 03-13-2016 at 07:32 AM.
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneMuscle View Post
    get some nicotine gum 1mg every few hours kills your hunger like nothing, and if you combine some coffee with it, you're full of energy too for half a day

Some of the fitness girls I'm working with chew this stuff like it Bubble Yum.
    It makes me feel lethargic but I'm not tolerant to nicotine at all.

problem is folks dont know how to use it, that gum works best if taken in minimal doses over a longest time, as long as you can feel the effect and learn how it works and how to apply its usage its a serious thing to try.

people are meant to start off with smallest mg of nicotine per piece, and even that, split it in half, chew it like for 5-10 seconds and park it in your mouth somewhere comfortable between lip and you gums, then let the nicotine absorb over 20-30 minute period, try to forget about chewing it for that time, then ~ that time passes, chew on it for another 10 seconds and park it for another 20 mins etc, thats how it works. if you take in to much too fast, you will surely upset your stomach and probably get even sick and whatever else side effects. I suggest you research it for that reason, as earlier it was getting popular as a form of mild PED and till now its known for its fat burning properties/glucose release agonist from your liver to bloodstream, and appetite suppressant. just google this stuff and do take your time, etc some of info be here:

http://tinyurl.com/jqrpjru
    http://tinyurl.com/z3yofa6
    Nicotine Gum – The Ultimate Fat Burner? | Michael Cocchiola
    Nicotine Tied to Insulin Response in Healthy Mice | Medpage Today
    The effects of caffeine, nicotine, ethanol, and tetrahydrocannabinol on exercise performance

but there's lots more where this info came from : called " Google "

I mean, really, take your time, do your research, make your own conclusions and choose what works best and suits your needs and believes the most.
    Last edited by InternalFire; 03-13-2016 at 06:04 PM.

FYI, experimenting with nicotine as an appetite suppressant is ****ing stupid, since it is as addictive as anything.
    almostgone likes this.

dont let one appetite accuse another! Everything is addictive, water, food, habits, sex, sugar, endorphins you get released during exercise and any sort of drug that triggers positive desired effect on your brain/body etc works dopamine/serotonin pathways, however, put it this way, if you overdose on alcohol, sugar, water, food, guess what will that do to you? some stuff will make you sick, other stuff will make you addicted to it, you'd know better if you'd spend some time researching on this topic. Its not like it black or white and nothing else, there's spectrum of why's and what's and how's. I've been on and off didnt get addicted, went half year without it, no withdrawal, then read in on about it about the fat loss and guess what, it works for me, just sharing, is that wrong? I guess its varying per person, if your head/brains are weak or ultra-sensitive you may get addicted just from the smoke one blows to another's face, others go trough 20mg/day of nicotine with no addiction after effects. I did high doses of nicotine during hard times of my life while I was one leg out of this world, and it done miracles beyond my capacity for me to manage or resolve, so I am still here, and since I have outgrown the problems I have seen before as unbearable. There are more to say about nicotine but one has to want the info and go after it by himself, "you cant feed one who's not hungry" , no hard feelings, but just saying, there's more than it meets the eye about the nicotine.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneMuscle View Post
    dont let one appetite accuse another! Everything is addictive, water, food, habits, sex, sugar, endorphins you get released during exercise and any sort of drug that triggers positive desired effect on your brain/body etc works dopamine/serotonin pathways, however, put it this way, if you overdose on alcohol, sugar, water, food, guess what will that do to you? some stuff will make you sick, other stuff will make you addicted to it, you'd know better if you'd spend some time researching on this topic. Its not like it black or white and nothing else, there's spectrum of why's and what's and how's. I've been on and off didnt get addicted, went half year without it, no withdrawal, then read in on about it about the fat loss and guess what, it works for me, just sharing, is that wrong? I guess its varying per person, if your head/brains are weak or ultra-sensitive you may get addicted just from the smoke one blows to another's face, others go trough 20mg/day of nicotine with no addiction after effects. I did high doses of nicotine during hard times of my life while I was one leg out of this world, and it done miracles beyond my capacity for me to manage or resolve, so I am still here, and since I have outgrown the problems I have seen before as unbearable. There are more to say about nicotine but one has to want the info and go after it by himself, "you cant feed one who's not hungry" , no hard feelings, but just saying, there's more than it meets the eye about the nicotine.
    I'm not reading your word jumble, but I assure you that water is not addictive. Nicotine is among the most physiologically addictive substances on the planet.
    almostgone likes this.

Im referring to some that you get sick or addictive if you overdose, water goes for overdosing, and to some extent deadly if overdosed too. I know and I suppose anybody who did some deeper reading on nicotine knows the addiction rating is rated at something like 97% rate which is crazy high, but again, studies are as accurate as the test subjects or circumstances, they could have picked half million people from somewhere where test subjects had shown 99% addiction ratio on the study, and if they have gotten to pick other same bunch of people from elsewhere randomly picked but so it happened they got to pick people with different genetics to show they could have had less than 50% addiction rating or whatever, I dont always bow down to all the studies but Im not saying there all entirely wrong.

What Im emphasizing here is that at low dosages it may not be addictive, just like alcohol aint addictive at small dosages, but if you try to have it every day at moderate dosages addiction is inevitable. 1 cigarette contains ~7mg of nicotine, lungs absorption ratio is about 1-2mg per cig at best, the longer ones smoking record the lower the nicotine absorption ratio trough lungs due to all the poison settling and clogging ones lungs, hence chronic smokers increase smoking frequency cigs/day so much that they keep maintaining the "high" feeling. Average smokers have 10-20 cigs or more a day, now thats a serious nicotine content I believe and that will definitely alter ones brain chemistry and withdrawal issues are almost certain from my point of view. Im just talking from the clouds of nothingness of course, but to me it makes sense, Im not suggesting one goes and jumps on nicotine or something worse, I suggest one reads about it and draws his own conclusions. One thing I'd say - you can live having million dollars and enjoy spending, but withdrawal from that much money is hard and oh, that thing called "money" is addictive as hell, Id say 100% addiction ratio, some dont even need to try it to be drawn to it

DROY is offline Associate Member
    I have read that nicotine is harder to stop than heroin. As an ex-smoker I can tell you that it is not easy to stop, the urge stays for a long time. I will pass on the nicotine gum thanks...

then I guess can call myself the lucky one from the few % who dont get addicted to the substance.

You can use a rifle for hunting your food down in the woods to serve the table at home or commit crime, I guess this goes both ways for everything incl substances as such.

Thread Information