Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By numbere

Thread: How safe is your protein powder? MuscleTech-Optimum Nutriion-muslce Milk Under scope.

matri.x is offline Associate Member

How safe is your protein powder? MuscleTech-Optimum Nutriion-muslce Milk Under scope.

greetings everybody,

today i've got some lab tests to check for heavy metals presence in some famous protein powders. the tests are done by "consumer report" magazine. again, i haven't done the tests myself because it will cost a fortune and there is no need to re-invent the wheel. this maybe old news for some guys and surprise for others.

here i have the lab test results of ON, MuscleTech and muscle Milk. if you don't see your brand here, feel free to ask, so next time a get some info about it i will Mp you.

good reading,

Nizar Sport Science: How Safe Is Your Protein Powder? (Optimum Nutrition, MuscleTech and Bsn Under scope)

Ashop is offline Anabolic Member
    I don't use any of those brands listed but am surprised some by the big name companies.

Quote Originally Posted by ALIN View Post
    I don't use any of those brands listed but am surprised some by the big name companies.
    it's not about the company, it's clearly about the product price! trust me.

in Amino spiking tests or heavy metals test, the cheapest you go the wrong you get.

for example, we have Gold standard and Hydro Builder both from ON, but the second one is Cristal clean.

here again, Whey and Whey FX both from dymatize but first one has more carbs than your table sugar (you can forget about the label).

It's all about the price man

numbere is offline RETIRED- Knowledgeable member
    Interesting blog post.

Would be nice to see what amount of heavy metals is tolerable in humans and the excretion rate.

This a another great reason to keep protein shake intake at one a day.

If you ever want someone to proofread your articles before posing just shoot me a PM.
    matri.x likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by numbere View Post
    Interesting blog post.

Would be nice to see what amount of heavy metals is tolerable in humans and the excretion rate.

This a another great reason to keep protein shake intake at one a day.

If you ever want someone to proofread your articles before posing just shoot me a PM.
    exactly, you must keep it to minimum. in fact they do say so on some products like Syntha-6 (1 serving a day).

and yess, i need help proofreading my writings. in fact anyone who wanna post or help will be thanked.

Thread Information