Tearracodo is offline Junior Member

Best Cortisol Control Supps/Drugs

I am doing a short Superdrol cycle 2 weeks from the coming Monday.

The Cycle - 3 Weeks total

Test E 250mg - Week 1+2
    Superdrol 10mg - Week 1-3
    Max-LMG 30mg - Week 1-3
    On cycle Support - Hawthrorn/NAC/Milk Thistle.....

PCT - 4 Weeks
    Nolva - 20/20/10/10
    Clomid - 100/50

In a previous sarm cycle cortisol proved a big issue. What are the best supps from controlling Cortisol when coming off? I know vit C can achieve 15% drops, but is there anything better. Or is something that I can do to manage Cortisol and keep it to a minimum?

Livinlean is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You are planning to use Test E for only 2 weeks?

Quote Originally Posted by Livinlean View Post
    You are planning to use Test E for only 2 weeks?
    Thais the base, just to keep 'normal' test during the shutdown from superdrol

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Try bilateral adrenalectomy.

AR's King Silabolin is offline Castle Power
    Quote Originally Posted by naz1054 View Post
    I am doing a short Superdrol cycle 2 weeks from the coming Monday.

The Cycle - 3 Weeks total

Test E 250mg - Week 1+2
    Superdrol 10mg - Week 1-3
    Max-LMG 30mg - Week 1-3
    On cycle Support - Hawthrorn/NAC/Milk Thistle.....

PCT - 4 Weeks
    Nolva - 20/20/10/10
    Clomid - 100/50

In a previous sarm cycle cortisol proved a big issue. What are the best supps from controlling Cortisol when coming off? I know vit C can achieve 15% drops, but is there anything better. Or is something that I can do to manage Cortisol and keep it to a minimum?
    Ive red legit mk677 really helps on cortisol and i had my best pct ever when i used it last january coming off from 4 months. For sure i will used it for 8 weeks now when i go off 1 august.

almostgone is offline AR-Platinum Elite- Hall of Famer
    Look into Ashwaganda, magnolia, and theanine as well. In think there might be a Pubmed on Ashwaganda.
    Did you have labs drawn several times at various times of the day to indicate your cortisol was an issue or are you going by how you feel?
    There are 3 loves in my life: my wife, my English mastiffs, and my weightlifting....Man, my wife gets really pissed when I get the 3 confused...
    A minimum of 100 posts and 45 days membership required for source checks. Source checks are performed at my discretion.

Scorpion0922 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Bump Livinlean, not sure how I feel about test for 2 weeks.

But this is a very good question; cortisol can be a KILLER. For me it's more a mental supplement than anything; get a massage, take a spa day, go to the driving range and hit a few buckets of balls. Make sure you keep yourself relaxed.

Mr.BB is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    lololol a bit drastic

That probably would work, but only thing stopping me is that it irreversible.

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0922 View Post
    Bump Livinlean, not sure how I feel about test for 2 weeks.
    Is that because you think I should do a full AAS cycle with superdrol as a kick-starter?

The aim in this cycle which has a total length of 3 weeks is not to get huge but pack a little more manageable size, with less sides to worry about. (I understand superdrol is harsh but with such a short cycle few alternatives).

As before I want to run Superdrol with a test base for general well being. I have not started the cycle yet, my preload on the oncycle supps (Hawthorn/Milk thistle etc...) starts next week, so if you think the cycle could be better or Im doing it wrong I could easily change that.

Is that because you think I should do a full AAS cycle with superdrol as a kick-starter?

The aim in this cycle which has a total length of 3 weeks is not to get huge but pack a little more manageable size, with less sides to worry about. (I understand superdrol is harsh but with such a short cycle few alternatives).

As before I want to run Superdrol with a test base for general well being. I have not started the cycle yet, my preload on the oncycle supps (Hawthorn/Milk thistle etc...) starts next week, so if you think the cycle could be better or Im doing it wrong I could easily change that.
    I feel like a full 12-14 week cycle would be better, yes. If I look @ 250 mg's a week for 3 weeks my concern is that you'll risk shut down problems. Based on your goals of adding some quality pounds, IMO there are better ways to go about it. I'm also not a big fan of superdrol.

What's your:

Weight
    Bodyfat %
    Years of training
    Complete cycle history PCT for each cycle
    Goals
    Supplements (if any)
    General idea of nutrition
    Any other relevant info (injuries, surgeries you've had, etc.)

Shutdown issues? Even without test superdrol is going to shut me down, test may make it a little quicker. PCT is as good as it gets Clomid + Nolva. Doing a 12-14 weeks test cycle will lead to the same type of shutdown and will require HCG .

Height: 5ft 4"
    Weight: 175lbs
    Bodyfat % ~ 14 %
    Years of training: 5 Years

Complete cycle history PCT for each cycle: Trenadrol (4 Weeks) + Clomid/Nolva, Superdrol(3 Weeks) + Clomid/Nolva, LGD-4033(4 Weeks) + Nolva Only

Goals : Lean Mass

Supplements (if any): None beyond Oncycle/PCT for cycles.

General idea of nutrition: Breakfast: 5 Egg Whites/Oats+Tea, Brunch: Shake + Fruit, Lunch: Usually Paste/Rice + Beef Mince/Chicken Breast, Teatime: More lunch basically., Dinner: Tuna/Pasta/Fish/Steak

Any other relevant info (injuries, surgeries you've had, etc.); No serious injuries, one dead lifting a while back caused sciatica

Test shuts you down. A general idea behind a cycle is that you'll run enough test to compensate for what your body stops producing and then more on top of that. That is NOT to say that you wanna run 1G of test. But 250 mg's will shut you down (body stops producing) but you're not compensating with injections by enough. 350-400 mg's would be a good dose for you. 12-14 weeks. No need to re-invent the wheel here.

I don't like making specific recommendations because I don't know you and haven't done an in depth analysis but a few suggestions;

A) Fasted cardio in the AM. 20-30 minutes on the stepper @ a moderate speed. The rationale here is that you will be increasing calories during the day. The fasted cardio keeps you in line with gaining LEAN mass.
    B) If you have seen some of my previous posts, I recommend a multi vitamin, BCAA's, and Glutamine. Sip BCAA's during cardio and training. Take a scoop of glutamine B4 bed.
    C) Fruit has too much sugar and I am not a fan of shakes. Also where are your greens? Stick to chicken, 99% lean turkey, maybe some lean red meat, certain fish.....asparagus, green beans, broccoli, spinach. This is really where my expertise ends. You need someone who's better than me and who knows you to make the adjustment to how many oz. of each per meal.
    D) Keep your training @ one BP/day, 2-3 days on, one off. Keep the reps in the 8-12 range and keep your form wired tight.

At 24 you have a long way to go, remember Rome wasn't built in a day so be patient. At 24 I would really like to see you hold off on the juice for another couple of years.

That's just a few general points, I'm sure you will get some great opinions from other guys here......
    Last edited by Scorpion0922; 07-20-2016 at 04:46 PM.

hammerheart is offline Knowledgeable Member
    No dude it won't work. It would kill you! The fact is some cortisol is essential to life, my point being: why do you consider it an issue?

Do you have any bloodwork revealing high cortisol?

Quote Originally Posted by bizzarro View Post
    No dude it won't work. It would kill you! The fact is some cortisol is essential to life, my point being: why do you consider it an issue?

Do you have any bloodwork revealing high cortisol?
    It was a joke...

Quote Originally Posted by Scorpion0922 View Post
    Test shuts you down. A general idea behind a cycle is that you'll run enough test to compensate for what your body stops producing and then more on top of that. That is NOT to say that you wanna run 1G of test. But 250 mg's will shut you down (body stops producing) but you're not compensating with injections by enough. 350-400 mg's would be a good dose for you. 12-14 weeks. No need to re-invent the wheel here.

I don't like making specific recommendations because I don't know you and haven't done an in depth analysis but a few suggestions;

A) Fasted cardio in the AM. 20-30 minutes on the stepper @ a moderate speed. The rationale here is that you will be increasing calories during the day. The fasted cardio keeps you in line with gaining LEAN mass.
    B) If you have seen some of my previous posts, I recommend a multi vitamin, BCAA's, and Glutamine. Sip BCAA's during cardio and training. Take a scoop of glutamine B4 bed.
    C) Fruit has too much sugar and I am not a fan of shakes. Also where are your greens? Stick to chicken, 99% lean turkey, maybe some lean red meat, certain fish.....asparagus, green beans, broccoli, spinach. This is really where my expertise ends. You need someone who's better than me and who knows you to make the adjustment to how many oz. of each per meal.
    D) Keep your training @ one BP/day, 2-3 days on, one off. Keep the reps in the 8-12 range and keep your form wired tight.

At 24 you have a long way to go, remember Rome wasn't built in a day so be patient. At 24 I would really like to see you hold off on the juice for another couple of years.

That's just a few general points, I'm sure you will get some great opinions from other guys here......
    I agree with you on the diet/training that you mention however surrounding the test cycle i think you might be mis understanding why I am trying to run it this way.

Firstly Test E has an ester on the molecule. The molar mass of Test E is 400.594 g/mol and Pure Test is 288g/mol. Assuming little chem changes to as the ester, by mass Test E is ~ 72% testosterone . Meaning in a 250mg test E dose 180mg is testosterone. Assume that the half life of Test E is 10 days. This means that 5% of 180mg is released every 24 hours, so 9mg of pure test. The max produced by a man is 8mg and that is a high test. Test E is supposed to be take once every 2 weeks and it could keep a man in the normal high test range.

When you take a designer drug like superdrol which has a ratio of 400/20 it produces more muscle mg for mg because it is more selective but it cause shutdown testosterone just as strong. So lets say I take superdrol for 3 weeks. After week 1 I will have no output of normal testosterone. I will start to feel shitty even if my diet/training is perfect because test has a big impact on emotions etc. I will gain mass though.

Taking Test during the superdrol cycle is not to use test as the muscle building driver but to maintain emotional stability and energy. at 250mg of test E I would be slightly higher, at the peak at 16mg per day of pure test. No gains to be expected but a lot easier cycle.

Hopefully that makes sense.

I agree that a normal 14 week test cycle is best, but at nearly over 3 months, unless you are a full time bodybuilder or don't have normal 9-5 job its hard to commit to. All that food, HCG /AI etc and then the longer recovery.

The whole lifestyle is hard to commit to, you are correct. I stand by my post tho being the better option.

But I'd be interested in hearing your before and after numbers.

Thread Information