Zues is offline Associate Member

Exclamation Urgent/ Need help, please read!!!

I'm in the military reserves. A friend of mine hasnt done a cycle since october, and it was only test (no deca or nothing that is in his system long). Anyways they are saying he tested positive for methamphetanimes (speed, exctacy or something). Thing is he doesnt do any rec drugs ans if he really did he would tell me. He thinks it could have been a suppplement. He said hes taking ehpedra, nitro and cell tech and the basic supplements. He told them thats what it could have been but they are saying something else. The test was a basic urinalysis, but now they want to give him an anabolics test. My questions is, are there any supplements out there that can possible give a false, positive result on a drug test for methamphetamines?

nj123 is offline Member
    i also need to know this, im on probation and am about to start taking an ECA, and already take creatine.

baller45 is offline Junior Member
    Its the ephedra.

jbigdog69 is offline Banned

Yepper!!

Quote Originally Posted by Zues
    I'm in the military reserves. A friend of mine hasnt done a cycle since october, and it was only test (no deca or nothing that is in his system long). Anyways they are saying he tested positive for methamphetanimes (speed, exctacy or something). Thing is he doesnt do any rec drugs ans if he really did he would tell me. He thinks it could have been a suppplement. He said hes taking ehpedra, nitro and cell tech and the basic supplements. He told them thats what it could have been but they are saying something else. The test was a basic urinalysis, but now they want to give him an anabolics test. My questions is, are there any supplements out there that can possible give a false, positive result on a drug test for methamphetamines?
    Ephedra is the natural compound used to make speed. If he can find a reciept
    showing where and when he bought it then they will back off of him.

PTbyJason is offline Retired Admin
    yeah I agree....it's the ephedra. That really sucks.

nj123 is offline Member
    ****it, now im worried about taking ephedra for summer. I guess ill have to hold off till i get off probation.

sepjuice is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jbigdog69
    Ephedra is the natural compound used to make speed. If he can find a reciept
    showing where and when he bought it then they will back off of him.

no, the military has 0 tolerance policy. i dont know, i know many,many guys in the military who take ephedra and get pissed,and no positive results. but from what i heard,the military stores did stop selling it,,has to be for a reason (this is before the FDA ban).about the test(juice),do u know what he took and for how long,....

Methamphetamines are synthetic stimulants that are produced and sold illegally in pill form, capsules, powder, and chunks.

A white, odorless, bitter tasting crystalline powder that can be easily dissolved in water or alcohol.

It can be mixed with water for injection or sprinkled on tobacco or marijuana and smoked. Since methamphetamine will vaporize rapidly, some heat the drug and inhale the fumes that are released.

Methamphetamines may be known as meth, crank, glass, speed, crystal, ice, batu, chalk, shabu, or zip.
    He could say he was out one night and after doing some research he now knows that someone definetly put something in his drink cause he remembers not being able to sleep the night he went out!!!!

hER YA GO bRO ....pEACE

Web posted Monday, February 19, 2001
    4:09 a.m. CT

Buyer beware: Herbal supplements could prove dangerous

By Dr. Patti Patterson
    Texas Tech Health

Editor's Note: Faculty and administrators of Texas Tech University facilities in Amarillo rotate subjects for their weekly columns. Today's column is by Dr. Patti Patterson, vice president of rural and community health at the Texas Tech Medical Center.

Finding natural cures for the common illnesses and ailments that affect us all has become a popular trend. However, with more than 29,000 herbal supplements now available over the counter, consumers might not always be aware of what's in the pill they're taking.

Often, herbal supplements can be dangerous because of the lack of standardization and regulations the manufacturers face from the Food and Drug Administration.

A comparison of two bottles of the same supplement might reveal that one often has double or triple the active ingredient of the other. With many supplements, this can be a life-threatening problem.

One supplement that can have grave effects on your health is ephedrine, which is often sold under the herbal name Ma Huang. This supplement is often found in other products such as weight loss products, dietary supplements and energy-boosting products.

One-third of the people who take ephedrine or Ma Huang have an adverse reaction after the first dose or after the first day of taking the supplement. Nearly 35 percent of the adverse reactions are seen in young women.

There are a lot of potential side effects to taking ephedrine. People can have headaches, high blood pressure, heart arrhythmias, strokes, even death has been reported.

Robin Wilson learned about the effects of ephedrine the hard way after she took only two doses of an herbal dietary supplement containing Ma Huang. Despite working as a nurse, she said she had no idea the supplement can be harmful.

"I know that I'm sensitive to ephedrine, and the product I took did not list it specifically on the label," Wilson said. "It listed Ma Huang, which is the Chinese herbal name for ephedrine, so it never crossed my mind. But there are a lot of people that are sensitive to ephedrine."

Over a seven-day period after she took the supplement, Robin suffered more than 30 seizures.

People take ephedrine-containing products for a variety of reasons, including to lose weight, boost energy, boost athletic performance, to stay awake or even to get high.

People can become high from doses of ephedrine because the substance is only slightly different in chemical structure than methamphetamines.

However, since it is sold as an herbal supplement rather than a drug, the FDA doesn't regulate its manufacture or sale in the same manner as prescription drugs. Just because it says that it's an herbal supplement or a nutritional supplement doesn't mean that it's necessarily safe.

zOaib is offline VET
    Does Ephedra Show Up On A Piss Test ???????

Thread Information