Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast
Like Tree1165Likes

Thread: Wango back at the grind

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Morning hike; felt incredible.

Push day today in the early afternoon and f-it, this is it for the gym for a while. Going back to the r-bands at higher reps.

One of the few outdoor gyms out here and it’s getting more and more slammed. Can’t come close to social distancing and I’m sick and tired of the bozo’s not following mask protocols.

Good couple of days. Afternoon cardio and r-band work. Reps at 15-20 with slow, controlled movement, hard contraction at the end. 30 second rest between sets. The back yard is really calming.

Push day yesterday, back today.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Another pull day yesterday, and a push day today.

Added more stretching and the back is tolerating daily & longer hikes.

Tolerance improving for my walks (yes, that’s pathetic sounding) so am doing them daily now. Can now steadily increase the time/distance without my body saying no.

Pull day with bands today. Also adding some yoga-like stuff to stretch and work on some core.
    Cylon357 likes this.

It was just odd that I suddenly forgot the virtues of certain stretches, but when I went back to them, it was like magic. Blame it on dementia.

Hit the bands outside in the sun. Another back day today, but am trying to do certain exercises daily just to see the result. More postural control/core work as well.

Hey, still moving and grooving. But, now dealing with the passing of a friend. The crappy streak that started a year ago seems eternal. . . . .

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    @Wango, Uncle Ted came up in the playlist as I was finishing my workout today. Goddang "Wango Tango". Reminded me to check in here and see how things are going?
    Ted Nugent, daaang indeed, lol!

Doing good bro, just have to admit once again that these bands just don’t feel as good as moving iron does.

Early morning hike.

Push day and a second round of cardio in the afternoon. Great weather, perfect day.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Early morning hike.

Pull day, followed by hike #2.

Today’s lunch. Fresh Ahi & greens courtesy of the local farmer’s market.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wango back at the grind-c895f79d-e2d3-4d84-a301-b23e0ade933b.jpeg  
    Cylon357 likes this.

Beautiful morning for a hike. Rained last night and the air was crisp & clean. Bands later. Day off for President’s day.

Transitioning from var, clen , t-3 to tren . Didn’t feel that great on the tren last time, but damn, the effects were nice!

My lovely wife is picking up some nice filets for this evening

Gonna be as rare as the tuna above, lol.

charger69 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    Beautiful morning for a hike. Rained last night and the air was crisp & clean. Bands later. Day off for President’s day.

Transitioning from var, clen , t-3 to tren . Didn’t feel that great on the tren last time, but damn, the effects were nice!

My lovely wife is picking up some nice filets for this evening

Gonna be as rare as the tuna above, lol.
    You need to at least kill it. I can see the blood flowing still. LOL

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Cylon357 likes this.

Seared tuna kicks ass, but it’s got to be fresh and sushi grade. For many folks sushi is an acquired too. Never had either till I moved out to the left coast, but it was an immediate thumbs up. Fresh octopus grilled or rare is amazing as well.

That pic was about 2 minutes max on each side.

Nice few days. Hiking and bands, plus diet is clean.

Life is good! Plus, watched three solid movies in a row - damn.

Blog Entries
    I’ve been catching up on your log brother I’m glad to see things going well for you...life sounds great for you right now and love the positive vibes I get reading your posts...
    wango likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ghettoboyd View Post
    I’ve been catching up on your log brother I’m glad to see things going well for you...life sounds great for you right now and love the positive vibes I get reading your posts...
    Thanks for dropping in and for the very kind words gb! Gotta be honest, the Los Angeles warmth and sunshine helps matters a great deal. TY again!
    ghettoboyd likes this.

Benefiting again from this climate. Fantastic day for a walk. Hit the bands again and chilling.

I have been consistent the past week and will keep up the momentum.

If the numbers keep dropping, the gym is looking like an option again.

Going to pass on my plans for a tren cycle & hold off till the summer. Sticking with TRT and HGH.

Benefiting again from this climate. Fantastic day for a walk. Hit the bands again and chilling.

I have been consistent the past week and will keep up the momentum.

If the numbers keep dropping, the gym is looking like an option again.

Going to pass on my plans for a tren cycle & hold off till the summer. Sticking with TRT and HGH.
    You are still cold by my standards- upper 60’s. We are 75. LOl

wango likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by charger69 View Post
    You are still cold by my standards- upper 60’s. We are 75. LOl

Lol, you are right about that. But in all seriousness how nice to not be suffering like a lot of the country.
    charger69 likes this.

Back at it tomorrow. 2 days of yard work kicked this old man’s ass! Advil & pot to the rescue
    Hughinn likes this.

Still at it but negligent posting.

Keeping up waking early for a sunrise walk & hitting the bands later.

Just about a year anniversary when I stopped working out consistently and my entire daily routine of 20 years went down the toilet. Bust out the balloons and celebrate

Good news, numbers dropping and more are vaccinated. Bad news? California has its own strain that seems worse than the South African strain. Means no gym dammit due to mask-holes (and you can be sure as shit that they’ll figure out a way to get vaccinated early ahead of those considered essential). Maybe May???
    Cuz and Cylon357 like this.

TY, but the bands are not too bad. I have to work around shoulder issues, so have to use a variety of machines (mostly hammer). The bands are very versatile.

Still feeling encouraged by the numbers and might venture back into public if they stay low. I don’t want to vaccinate yet because we’re still limited here and I’m not considering myself essential (even though they are making it more available for teachers now) because I’m not returning back to the classroom.

TY for the heads up & hope you are doing well!

TY, but the bands are not too bad. I have to work around shoulder issues, so have to use a variety of machines (mostly hammer). The bands are very versatile.

Still feeling encouraged by the numbers and might venture back into public if they stay low. I don’t want to vaccinate yet because we’re still limited here and I’m not considering myself essential (even though they are making it more available for teachers now) because I’m not returning back to the classroom.

TY for the heads up & hope you are doing well!
    Nice one for jinxing yourself dumb-ass!

So despite assurances that the school would stay virtual all year, suddenly, surprise; we’re back and without any assurances of just what the added safety precautions will be.

Thankfully I have been active, cause back to the gym I go as well.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Oh hell yeah. I am so swole after just one day back at the gym! LOL.

Back and biceps on a beautiful day.

Got 3 weeks to look decent cause it’s back to school in the afternoons. Thank God for muscle memory and a little extra gear!
    Cylon357 likes this.

Just the right amount of soreness from yesterday’s return back. Good to know that I can ramp up the intensity in the next back/bicep workout.

Pec Deck
    Chest Press Machine
    Upright rows
    Bent over lateral raises
    Machine Dips
    Pressdowns
    Overhead rope extensions

Kept it lighter. 4 x 10-12 each.

RC felt fantastic, no hint of pain (huge priority). Damn, I forget how good the gym makes me feel.

Still outdoors for 2 more weeks, then back indoors (or that’s the plan). Don’t want to jinx it, but these new Covid strains can come roaring right back & cases are starting to climb again. Get my second shot in 2 weeks.

LMAO. On Monday, I did both hammer curls and reverse curls along with 2 other bicep exercises. Plus did back.

Yesterday, no DOMS.

Today? I can’t straighten my arms. My brachioradialis is SCREAMING!

Will loosen em up tomorrow though. Steak tonight, they’ll be better.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Did the smart thing yesterday and didn’t hit the gym. But did 4 hours of yard work; brilliant.

This morning my arm pain was nothing compared to my low back and hams, so figured I’d give it a go.

Machine Pull-downs
    Machine Rows
    Low Machine Hammer Rows
    Shrugs
    Machine Bicep Curls
    Incline curls

4x10-12 each. Still moving presently, so a thumbs up.

Finished off last week with a good push workout. Pain really dissipated over the weekend. Shoulder / RC still without soreness.

Machine curls 4x8
    Preacher curls 4x8
    Hammer curls 4x8

Low Hammer rows 4x8
    Rowing machine 4x10
    Pulldowns 4x10
    Facepulls 4x12
    Shrugs 4x10

Feeling good, but mirror looks like shit. Had to buy new jeans with an increased waist size 32 -> 33. Once back at work though, the bump in activity should help immediately. The wife is cooking too well and can’t avoid her carbs, they’re getting the better of me.

Current plan:
    200 mg. Test E/wk
    2 iu’s HGH/day

Hopefully can start tren in 2 months.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Another dang victim of Covid-19!!
    There’s worse consequences to suffer from, that I’m sure. But, no cycle in the world will be able to save me as I’m too weak to her temptations
    Cylon357 likes this.

Pec-deck 4x12
    Machine chest press 4x8-10
    Machine dips 4x8-10with drop set after 4th set
    Rope pressdowns 4x10 with DS after 4th
    Overhead rope extensions 4x10 with DS after 4th
    Upright Rows 4x10-12
    Bent over flyes 4 x12

Machine abs 3x15

Simple and ridiculous recollection. White rice about 1 - 1.5 hours pre workout gives me one hell of a better pump and boost of energy.

Got to start eating more meals to get my metabolism burning.

Hey Wango- do you know if Venice Beach is going to have their annual competition on 4 July?
    I have started cutting for it, but I’m rolling the dice that they will have it.
    After CA lost the lawsuit in San Diego County about kids and sports, I assumed other sports would open up also.
    This is how fucked up things are..... high school wrestlers are allowed to wrestle touching the sweaty body and up close, but they are not allowed to shake hands after the match.

Hughinn likes this.

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Wango hows the California weather treating you out there?

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Wango hows the California weather treating you out there?
    Right now, 2 hours South of Wango

Cuz
    Cuz is offline VET
    Right now, 2 hours South of Wango

Damn you guys are close!

Hey Wango- do you know if Venice Beach is going to have their annual competition on 4 July?
    I have started cutting for it, but I’m rolling the dice that they will have it.
    After CA lost the lawsuit in San Diego County about kids and sports, I assumed other sports would open up also.
    This is how fucked up things are..... high school wrestlers are allowed to wrestle touching the sweaty body and up close, but they are not allowed to shake hands after the match.

Currently in a funk regarding HS sports. They rushed the kids out there with a couple of weeks of light practice-and no weight training to play full contact. They went up against a rich school that’s been allowing kids to train & practice at private facilities and we had a number of nasty injuries including a knee requiring surgery. Moronic.

Not sure about the Venice contest.

Quote Originally Posted by Cuz View Post
    Damn you guys are close!
    The weather out here is a little too good to be true honestly. The outdoor gym is kicking ass.
    Cuz likes this.

Tri’s, Bi’s & Delts.

Machine curls 4x8 with drop sets added for sets 3 and 4
    Preacher curls 5x8
    Hammer curls 2x8 with drop set each set

Upright Rows 5x10
    Bent over Flies 4 x 10

Rope pressdowns 4x8 with drop set after sets 3 and 4
    Overhead rope extensions (same)

Felt ready for more intensity and higher resistance today and I also slowed down the eccentric phase a bit - sweet workout, good feel to each exercise.

@Wango, where you at, man? Been 10 days since we got an update... do we need to send out a search party?

I have 9-1-1 dialed and just waiting to press send!

BTW, interesting thing in Florida: we have "Silver Alerts". They are kind of like "Amber Alerts" except that Silver Alerts are for senior citizens that have gone missing. I kid you not.

Don't know why I thought of that...

Oh this gave me a good laugh buddy, thank you! I greatly appreciate the gesture of calling 911! It is however getting close to the time for one of those medical alert gizmos- you know like the commercial “I’ve fallen and I can’t get up”.

Doing well, but back in school & back in an indoor gym. I MISS THE OUTDOOR GYM! Seriously, there was always a bit of a breeze, the air wasn’t stagnant - dammit, it really was more pleasant.

Plus got sucked into that vortex of never ending debate in the forum and in the news section. Seriously, you step in, start posting and hours of your life disappear.

Bottom line is all is well, but being I’m a creature of habits; just getting adjusted to a new routine after over a year of almost exclusive in-home living.

Been following your thread. Hey, looks like your stepping to the dark side there Mr. SARMs !
    Cylon357 likes this.

My bad; Dr. SARMS ! But soon to be . . . . . Mr. Juice-head.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Feeling more comfortable in my old stomping ground by work, however I miss the air flow of the outdoor gym.

Have one push and one pull workout in this week. Getting re-familiar with different equipment, so kept both workouts only moderately intense.

Although not really social at any gym, it was nice seeing old faces and shaking hands with guys that I’ve seen for years, but haven’t seen since February of 2020.
    Cylon357 and Hughinn like this.

Was dragging a bit for a few days following the second vaccination but feeling good again.

Pec Dec 4x12
    Machine Chest Press 4x8-10
    Lateral raise machine 4x12
    Upright Rows 3x10 with DS after 3rd.
    Machine Dips 4x10 with DS after 4th
    Pressdowns 4x8-10
    Rope pressdowns SS with Overhead extensions 3x10
    Hughinn likes this.

Hughinn is offline Banned
    Was dragging a bit for a few days following the second vaccination but feeling good again.

Pec Dec 4x12
    Machine Chest Press 4x8-10
    Lateral raise machine 4x12
    Upright Rows 3x10 with DS after 3rd.
    Machine Dips 4x10 with DS after 4th
    Pressdowns 4x8-10
    Rope pressdowns SS with Overhead extensions 3x10
    So you do pushing and pulling in the same sessions Wango?
    How does that affect your soreness and recovery?
    wango likes this.

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234567813 ... LastLast

Thread Information