Page 13 of 26 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Like Tree1165Likes

Thread: Wango back at the grind

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Week 7 has been heaven, lol.

So far, 2 pull days, 1 push day, 2 days cardio (elliptical & treadmill), 3 days of abs.

Diet has been spotless, although calorie-restrictive, no alcohol x 3 days in a row.

Scale dropped only a pound, but mirror continues to improve. Despite not getting in enough calories, I’m still seeing some muscle growth & my strength has only improved. I’ll know I’m really there when I’m back into my 32” waist Levies, but the 33’s are getting loose.

My physique currently has a no-photography clause due to embarrassment.
    Cylon357 and JaneDoe like this.

Wife returned after 2 weeks of travels & said the transition was damn noticeable. 33” waist Levi’s are loose. Considering I’m adding muscle, I’m closing in on 12-15 pounds of fat lost in 7 weeks.

Started off week 8 with a pull day with abs, elliptical and treadmill.

Getting down to 205 is going to be tough while still improving muscle size. Still holding off adding calories for another week though. Diet is CLEAN.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Good job, man!!

Are those legit 33" jeans or the more recent vanity sized 33"?

You might have to go back 20 years to get legit waist sized jeans lol
    wango and JaneDoe like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    Good job, man!!

Are those legit 33" jeans or the more recent vanity sized 33"?

You might have to go back 20 years to get legit waist sized jeans lol
    I’ve always been partial to Levi jeans only and they are pretty accurate/consistent from year to year from what I’ve experienced. Since TRT, I’ve been thrilled to not have to go back to a relaxed fit Levi’s.

Full disclosure though, ain’t no way in hell could I have pulled off these last 7 weeks if I was still working. Oh and flavored THC liquid mixed with sparkling water, in lieu of alcohol has saved me thousands of calories.

Thank you for always posting your very consistent workouts, they definitely keep me on track as well.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post

Thank you for always posting your very consistent workouts, they definitely keep me on track as well.
    This weekend kind of derailed things a bit, but hey, life is dynamic and I'm adapting! Details in my log soon
    wango likes this.

Push day and core yesterday; walked the 2 miles to and from the gym. Today was a pull day with elliptical and treadmill.

For shits & giggles I’ve bumped my reps up to 12-15 and cut the rest period between sets so far this week.

For the past 8 weeks, all workouts have been fasted & I’ve had no carbs besides veggies. Fat consumption has been minimal as well. Having to steady myself sometimes after a set or a bout on the elliptical. Walking home from the gym I just put myself into autopilot and keep my feet moving forward.

Going to tackle a couple hours of yard work in a bit, then treat myself to a nice steak for dinner.

Oh, thanks Planet Fitness - they made it free for teens between 14-19 to workout there during the Summer
    Cylon357 likes this.

Week 8 is complete. Push day with abs yesterday. PB on Hammer Shoulder press for 6 reps. Now also able to add, underhand, upwards chest flies on double cable machine. I get impingement right around 90 degrees, but it’s pain free up to that point. Also walked the 2 miles to and from the gym.

Officially today: first time in over 3 years I was able to comfortably get into my 32” waist Levi’s. Shoulders and arms filling out the t-shirt & a nice taper is emerging.

3 mile walk today. Hotter/sunnier than a mofo out and it was a sweat-fest for sure.

Diet continues to be almost flawless with all protein and vegetables.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Week 8 is complete. Push day with abs yesterday. PB on Hammer Shoulder press for 6 reps. Now also able to add, underhand, upwards chest flies on double cable machine. I get impingement right around 90 degrees, but it’s pain free up to that point. Also walked the 2 miles to and from the gym.

Officially today: first time in over 3 years I was able to comfortably get into my 32” waist Levi’s. Shoulders and arms filling out the t-shirt & a nice taper is emerging.

3 mile walk today. Hotter/sunnier than a mofo out and it was a sweat-fest for sure.

Diet continues to be almost flawless with all protein and vegetables.
    Keep killing it, Wango!
    wango likes this.

So I weigh in below 207 and I’m thinking damn, what a great week, I think I’ll kick back a bit. BUT, my good buddy Cylon, gets in another couple of workouts before tackling Disney. Well, I can’t have that, lol.

So, coincidentally the wife says, hey come join me for a 4.6 mile hike around our park in the blistering sun & 95 degree heat in the early afternoon? And I say hot diggity dog, heck yes!

It kicked my behind, but very happy that I did; dinner & wine will be well deserved this evening.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    So I weigh in below 207 and I’m thinking damn, what a great week, I think I’ll kick back a bit. BUT, my good buddy Cylon, gets in another couple of workouts before tackling Disney. Well, I can’t have that, lol.

So, coincidentally the wife says, hey come join me for a 4.6 mile hike around our park in the blistering sun & 95 degree heat in the early afternoon? And I say hot diggity dog, heck yes!

It kicked my behind, but very happy that I did; dinner & wine will be well deserved this evening.
    I might not be right in the head... over 11k steps at the park alone today, after doing the shoulder workout in the early afternoon.

YOU might not be right in the head for taking on almost 5 miles in that heat!

Though neither of us should have any problem sleeping tonight...
    wango likes this.

I might not be right in the head... over 11k steps at the park alone today, after doing the shoulder workout in the early afternoon.

YOU might not be right in the head for taking on almost 5 miles in that heat!

Though neither of us should have any problem sleeping tonight...
    Honestly, the very second I stepped out into the heat & started walking I was questioning my judgement. The wife and I started chatting though and the time passed more quickly than expected.

As you stated, slept pretty darn well. Today is definitely an off day however.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Pull day, abs & elliptical yesterday. Thought I’d work my way back to body-weight pull-ups (haven’t done them since years ago prior to tearing off 1/2 my bicep) by starting the gravity assisted machine.

Push day today with elliptical & treadmill. Damn I was extra calorie depleted today, really felt it & had to steady myself a few times. Still a solid workout though. Shoulders remain remarkably cooperative pain wise, but damn they are functioning badly for day to day shit.

Ordered some adjustable squatting wedges for under my heels. Might venture into body weight squats as well, but that might be a pipe dream, who knows.

Nasty heat here, I am not walking back & forth to the gym in this stuff.

Just refueled on egg-whites, salmon & spinach and feel the urge to nap. Why not, it’s well deserved and Medicare is just around the corner.
    Cylon357 likes this.

No gym, but the wife convinced me to do another 4.25 today. I’ve got to love & never let go of an angel like that. My ass is dragging though.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    No gym, but the wife convinced me to do another 4.25 today. I’ve got to love & never let go of an angel like that. My ass is dragging though.
    I have not hit the weights since Sunday (ah, the joys of deload week) but did get in a two miler yesterday morning. 4 and quarter is a pretty long haul!
    wango likes this.

10 weeks done, scale came in at 205 this morning. So going purely by the scale that’s 13 pounds or about 1.25 pounds lost per week. However the mirror and t-shirts are showing muscular growth & my strength has increased, so the fat loss has to be more than 13 pounds for sure. Abs are showing through the fat a bit, but the midsection is radically different.

Pull day, abs/core, elliptical & treadmill yesterday.

Push day, mild abs, elliptical & treadmill today. Can’t drink from my water thermos with one hand by a long shot, but added a weight plate on hammer shoulder press, hammer incline press and close grip bench press (machine) though. Crazy, pec/delt strength increasing but certain arcs of motion are impossible. Pain is pretty much gone, which is what most of the remainder of the RC tendon must be.

Tattoo day tomorrow, first one since just before Covid. Gotta say, the economy is beginning to worry me. I don’t like to think about, leave our $ in the hands of a very good professional, but between the market and inflation? Yikes! Throw in the continued bs in Ukraine & the likely hood of China pushing us with Taiwan? This shit keeps getting better & better.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Pull day with abs & elliptical yesterday.

Push day today with walking to/from the gym.

A body is definitely emerging in the mirror. Haven’t been below 200 since starting my first moronic test only cycle 5 years ago. I see 195 and clean abs in a couple of months. Just got to stay the course.

Toying with the idea of doing 6 workouts per week again. My wife says my glutes/ass is flat & now that a bunch of fat has disappeared, I definitely agree - plus I certainly have an abundance of machines to play with, that’s for sure.
    Ghostman_SW and Cylon357 like this.

Blog Entries
    Pull day with abs & elliptical yesterday.

Push day today with walking to/from the gym.

A body is definitely emerging in the mirror. Haven’t been below 200 since starting my first moronic test only cycle 5 years ago. I see 195 and clean abs in a couple of months. Just got to stay the course.

Toying with the idea of doing 6 workouts per week again. My wife says my glutes/ass is flat & now that a bunch of fat has disappeared, I definitely agree - plus I certainly have an abundance of machines to play with, that’s for sure.
    Squats and / or hip thrusters will fix the butt thing.

Good job on the progress so far!
    wango likes this.

Squat wedges? Squat wedges? I don’t need no stinking squat wedges.

So says the squirrel. For me, hell yes. How long has it been? 2 sets of 8 of pure, body weight squats caused some pain, lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wango back at the grind-28395ee1-cb8e-40b7-b494-3c9423ee45d0.jpg  
    Cylon357 likes this.

Ghostman_SW is offline Junior Member
    When you say moronic test only cycle, would you care to share any details (here to learn from others)? If not, cool.
    wango likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostman_SW View Post
    When you say moronic test only cycle, would you care to share any details (here to learn from others)? If not, cool.
    For me personally it was a disappointment. Started TRT at 57 and was amazed at the results in a few months. So the starter cycle used regularly here at the time was 500 mg. test/week. I thought my results would be reflective of my turn around on just TRT. I took the advice of knowledgeable/trusted members and added far more calories than I was accustomed to eating and that it was pertinent for growth (it was clean food though, no garbage). And of course I trained like a beast.

Result was maybe 5 pounds of muscle, but a shit load of water and way more fat that I desired. I did use an AI, which at the time was the accepted thing here to do and I did regular cardio.

Hey it just didn’t work for me personally and I’m finally going to get all of that fat off me and I am presently.

That said though, it was the proper thing to do, because you understand how you respond, if you have issues with any sides & you don’t want to confuse things by adding other compounds initially. So, it had to be done, I just was very disappointed in my response in terms of muscle gained.

Hope this helped.
    Ghostman_SW and Cylon357 like this.

Pull day today with abs, elliptical and treadmill. Currently holding steady at 205 BUT my Delts and arms are returning. Shit, even getting some chest definition. Now, it’s getting to be actually fun.

Still keeping myself at two meals per day only. Likely around 100-120 grams protein total and veggies continue to be the only carbs. Occasionally have an avocado, a few nuts or some reduced fat salad dressing. If the body fat is disappearing, but my muscles are growing and my strength continues to climb, I figure that I’ll hold off adding a third meal for now. Pics when my abs are clean.

Added: day 2 of BW squats. 2 x 9 today. Going to try and make it daily for a while and add reps and sets as tolerated. The wedges are great, can easily get my thighs parallel and keep my back straight with no forward flexion of my lumbar spine. They are stable as hell & comfortable, even barefoot. BTW, I always had to use plates under my heels even when squatting in my 20’s/30’s.
    Last edited by wango; 07-07-2022 at 03:28 PM.

Finished week 11 with an unexpected gain of 2 pounds, back to 207. The midsection sure ain’t bigger, but damn if the arms ain’t getting back some size; much fuller.

Walked back & forth to the gym. Push day with light abs. What a joy to do pressing motions again, as I said last post, the fun is returning. Don’t know why I stopped using the seated dip machine, but damn if that doesn’t hit my triceps in a nice way. Also falling in love with this torso rotation machine. Really can feel the obliques from the front and all the way to their rear attachments if you keep the motion slow, pure and as full as possible.

As I descended the gym stairs, my legs reminded me that I’d initiated squats. Granted only 2x9, but for me, a big deal. Maybe that’s where the 2 pounds came from? Yup, I’m Tom Platz like, lol.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Very interesting. So my body (thanks scale) was telling me I was way too limited in my calories on Weds & Thurs (really pushed it) & my metabolism shut itself off in a sense. So perked up the diet a bit yesterday (still Uber clean/limited) and broke past 205 and now 204. Lesson learned.

Oh yeah, 195 is the target: I see it, it’s realistic & it’s doable. I saved my tren , and damn if I bust that out when I hit 195, it could be very interesting; even at only 100-120/week.
    JaneDoe and Cylon357 like this.

JaneDoe is offline Banned
    Blog Entries
    Very interesting. So my body (thanks scale) was telling me I was way too limited in my calories on Weds & Thurs (really pushed it) & my metabolism shut itself off in a sense. So perked up the diet a bit yesterday (still Uber clean/limited) and broke past 205 and now 204. Lesson learned.

Oh yeah, 195 is the target: I see it, it’s realistic & it’s doable. I saved my tren , and damn if I bust that out when I hit 195, it could be very interesting; even at only 100-120/week.

You will arrive, will reach your goals. Good luck Wango!
    wango likes this.

Treated myself to the first pasta I’ve eaten in nearly 3 months on Friday. Wow, that was tasty & felt really good. But it’s been back to business after that.

Bless my baby doll & her love for walking. So went on our 4.5 miler yesterday and I just got feisty at the 4 mile mark & said let’s go for 5 (my baby generally gets in a 6 or 7 miler once a week so this wasn’t an issue for her). Good company & conversation really makes time fly and we finished at 5.4 miles. For me a personal best since my second hip replacement several years ago. It partially made up for me not getting in my squats this weekend.

Today was a pull day with abs and elliptical. I can see a hint of more vascularity emerging in my forearms again. Unlike many members here, my vascularity takes a search party, blood hounds & a magnifying glass to find as it’s just not part of the genetics I inherited, so I truly appreciate anything that I can get.

Bring on week 12.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by davimeireles View Post
    You will arrive, will reach your goals. Good luck Wango!
    Thank you Davi, greatly appreciated!
    JaneDoe likes this.

Tuesday got my second booster (total 4 shots now) in the morning, but really felt the need to nap in the afternoon; so took the day off.

Yesterday was a heavy push day. I was able to add another plate for both the hammer shoulder press (90# per arm) and over 100# on the machine bench (I do them close grip). Regrettably with the hammer incline press, I have no choice but to start the movement with the handles just an inch from my chest and those next few inches are the toughest. If not, I’d be able to increase more. Did some light abs, but got in elliptical and treadmill.

Knew immediately I wasn’t fully recovered for today’s pull workout so decreased the intensity and resistance a bit and it worked out fine. Although oddly dumbbell shrugs felt stronger so I went up to the next heavier pair. 3 different ab exercises, plus elliptical and treadmill.

Still with only 2 meals/day but they are Uber clean with veggies only and I’ve added more protein in each. Sometimes a few nuts or avocado. 2 nights in a row with no alcohol, weight holding around 204.

BUT, to my delight the gym mirror had a surprise for me today. My chest, upper back, Delts and arms are getting wider and filling in. The Delts are pulling my sleeves up at an angle due to the width, and that was a new development. I mentioned that this is getting to be fun & that mirror almost made me laugh out loud today.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Stepped into the gym thinking that I’d have to adjust my push routine due to fatigue. Then I got on the military press & absolutely crushed it and added another 5 on each side & ground out 2 sets with clean reps. Same with incline press, same with close drip bench & same with machine dips. You got to go with what the body gives you that day.

Light abs added to the remainder of the push workout. Throw in elliptical and treadmill & week 12 is in the books. Finished a third night in a row of no alcohol; feeling good. Chill for a couple of days & hanging/drinking/eating with best friends tomorrow. No let up on the diet though, veggies & protein only.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Tipped the scales at 203 today making it a 15 pound loss is 12 weeks. Considering I put on a bit of muscle as well during that period, maybe closer to 18 pounds of fat loss? Not bad with TRT only.

Celebrated by getting in a 5 mile walk with my baby. Thankfully the walks are getting less grueling, even in the heat.

Gonna protein up then head to our best friends for alcohol, food (clean though) and great conversation.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Tipped the scales at 203 today making it a 15 pound loss is 12 weeks. Considering I put on a bit of muscle as well during that period, maybe closer to 18 pounds of fat loss? Not bad with TRT only.

Celebrated by getting in a 5 mile walk with my baby. Thankfully the walks are getting less grueling, even in the heat.

Gonna protein up then head to our best friends for alcohol, food (clean though) and great conversation.
    Damn brother, you are killing it! Might be time for a refeed, so enjoy yourself this evening (within reason)!
    wango likes this.

Damn brother, you are killing it! Might be time for a refeed, so enjoy yourself this evening (within reason)!
    Thanks Cy, definitely feeling it. We partied but ate like saints (the fish was insane).

Prepped eggs for breakfast, going to give 3 meals/day a shot. Starting small (2 whites & one whole egg).

Rested today, but . . . .

BRING THIS WEEK ON!!!!
    Cylon357 likes this.

Last 4 days was simply fish & veggies or chicken with veggies. Same today.

Going to up reps again this week and drop rest between sets to 30 seconds.

Pull day yesterday with extra core/abs. Walked to & from gym. Cut food & wine considerably yesterday evening.

Push day today. Added another round of elliptical and added more time to treadmill. Gym was f’n slammed, trying to keep social distancing is getting tough. Thank you PF for making it free for teens this entire summer

With today’s elevated pace & added cardio, I kind of felt a “runner’s high”. Nicely euphoric & any fatigue seemed to disappear. Haven’t felt that since when I ran regularly in college (lol, with some of the original waffle souled Nike running shoes).
    Cylon357 likes this.

Yesterday was an experimental day @ the gym. I tried smith machine squats & managed to do 2x10 without resistance & was still able to walk. Also did the stairclimber for a few minutes & liked it better than I thought I would. I hadn’t done one of those in about 5 years at least. Then I did about 5 different ab and core exercises mixed in with a few rounds of elliptical and finished off with 30 minutes on the treadmill.

Leg stiffness was easily tolerable today but I could tell that I hit my abs hard.

Pull day today. Continued with 12x4 for all movements with rest cut to 30 seconds. Mixed in 3 rounds of elliptical but added a level and am pushing the intensity/heart rate as I am getting comfortable with cardio.

It’s mask time again (voluntarily presently) but surprised the KN95 mask is more tolerable than I recall (even with cardio). Just too many people at the gym & keeping distance is nearly impossible. I know that this strain is milder, but getting sick at this juncture is just too counterproductive. 10$ / month at PF has its advantages, but the place is popular and once again, TY to PF for making the summer free for teens

Haven’t shocked my body with a fast since I started this journey, so the wife & I are going to do a juice fast for the rest of the day. Super low calorie cucumber, celery & kale juice - 50 calories each and will spread 3 of them out the rest of the day.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Wango will be signing up for powerlifting meets soon with that squatting!
    wango likes this.

Wango will be signing up for powerlifting meets soon with that squatting!

LMAO

There’s 90 year old great grandmothers out there that could out lift me, just trying to do stairs without a rail & not be worried
    Cylon357 likes this.

Haven’t shocked my body with a fast since I started this journey, so the wife & I are going to do a juice fast for the rest of the day. Super low calorie cucumber, celery & kale juice - 50 calories each and will spread 3 of them out the rest of the day.
    Never, I mean Never announce your grandiose plans. A/C went out, thankfully someone is here already & fingers crossed. If the news is good or bad, scrap the fast and give me a wine.
    Cylon357 likes this.

99% sure it’s the “motherboard” that’s literally & visually fried. Waiting for the call if there is one available, if not it’s going to be an uncomfortable weekend.

Damn, 5th day straight at the gym, don’t recall the last time that happened

Push day. Wanted to stay at 12 reps, but have so much fun with the pressing motions being painless, I can’t resist. So once again for the military press I dropped to 4-6 reps for 3 sets (probably 4 sets prior of gradually going heavier at 8 reps) and again added weight for another PB. Started with no plates on each side months ago, now halfway down the rack at 100# each side. I know it’s not really 100#, but I’m thinking Hammer might be better than some with their accuracy. Still can’t add more on the incline due to the starting position, but jumped up another 5# on the machine bench. Same thing here, started with zero plates, now 1/2 way down the stack.

Toasted my triceps, added a couple of ab exercises, 3 rounds of elliptical and treadmill (about 40 minutes total for cardio).

Got chicken & spinach for lunch, fingers crossed for getting that replacement part.
    Cylon357 likes this.

The A/C news ranges from being fucked (being the good news) and being fucked big time (as the bad news). Either way, it’s going to be hot in here for quite some time. Thankfully 100’s are not forecasted this week. Fans and personal little “A/C units” (ice water misted through tiny fans) arriving today (thank you Amazon!).

So to celebrate, the wife and I took a 6.5 miler. Wanted to see my water loss, so weighed myself and hit 202.5. Hey just seeing the numbers dropping is keeping me motivated. Cooling off in front of the fans we currently do own & then taking a cold shower (until this f’n city runs out of water, lol)

Pricing new central A/C units. Problem is of course, availability. Hottest 3 months on the horizon; not exactly ecstatic at the thought of it

Weight now stable at 203, but didn’t lay off alcohol at all last week which likely added 4,000 calories.

Started off week 14 in KILLER fashion. Best pull day I’ve had since 2019. Tried to mix things up a bit today & throw my body a couple of curveballs.

* Anti gravity machine pull-ups. 3x6 wide, 3x6 parallel grip.
    *”Hybrid Row” used a wide parallel grip rowing bar on the low rowing machine, but stayed standing. Combination of a row, upright row and a shrugging motion with a big squeeze and pause up top. 3x8
    * Face Pulls 4x12
    *Shrugs 4x6-8

*Cable bicep curls 4x6-8
    *Reverse curls 4 x6-8
    *Machine preacher curls 4x6-8
    *Machine curls 2x6 with drop set after each (slow and painful)

Abs and obliques

2 mile walk each way back & forth.

Waiting in A/C purgatory. Hey, the warmer house/body temps increases the metabolism right - making lemonade from lemons baby!
    Cylon357 likes this.

Push day yesterday with light abs, but extra long cardio of elliptical and treadmill. Back was starting to feel the effects of Monday’s workout.

Today it’s really felling it. I think that “hybrid row” had some impact. Biceps still a bit toasted as well. 3.5 miler with my wife and 1/2 way into that I knew my legs were not happy. Ground it out though & glad I did.

A connection in the business got us a quick A/C visit from a trusted company - he came out unexpectedly Monday & told us the good news. The motherboard was not damaged and there was some simple fluke that happened in the thermostat. If it was that motherboard & it was not available, it’s entirely likely we would to have replaced everything. Could have seen numbers up to $20K. Needless to say, we are overjoyed; and a lot cooler.

Oh yeah, had to replenish the liquid THC today and went to a new sister store of where we currently go. My GAWD, this place was huge, with tall ceilings, fancy layout & fancy display cases and I’m guessing just about anything that has THC that’s available. It reminded me of the FAO Schwartz toy store in New York.
    Last edited by wango; 07-27-2022 at 04:00 PM.
    956Vette and Cylon357 like this.

Thread Information