Page 16 of 26 FirstFirst ... 61112131415161718192021 ... LastLast
Like Tree1162Likes

Thread: Wango back at the grind

wango is offline Anabolic Member
    Currently wrapped in a quilt, sitting on my favorite chair & trying to stay warm & nap. This crap is sucking the will to live out me presently. WTF, not even motivated to watch NFL Redzone, yikes.

Cylon357 is online now Knowledgeable Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wango View Post
    Currently wrapped in a quilt, sitting on my favorite chair & trying to stay warm & nap. This crap is sucking the will to live out me presently. WTF, not even motivated to watch NFL Redzone, yikes.
    Man, you got this, brother! You will kick its ass, I'm sure. Just gotta ride it out sometimes.
    wango likes this.

:
    Quote Originally Posted by Cylon357 View Post
    Man, you got this, brother! You will kick its ass, I'm sure. Just gotta ride it out sometimes.
    Thank you brother. Tomorrow is an easy pull day no matter. I’ll mask up & stay away from others, easy to do at that place in the morning. Incidentally there were six of us on this little getaway & all 6 are positive, lol. Gotta tell you though we ate GOOD so anything short of death, I think will keep making the trip worth it. Hey, plus the scale is dropping.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Threw on a mask, kept 6-10’ away from folks & got in a nice little back, biceps and abs workout. Even got in 20 on the treadmill. Happy Monday!
    Cylon357 likes this.

Mild cold like symptoms only, but my wife & friend are hurting like I had previously. Plus the aggravation to my shoulder/bicep from that jeep tour has resolved.

Push day & Abs this morning, kept it lighter & 12-15 reps. Just took a short 2 mile walk with my honey; the fall weather is perfect!

A happy thanksgiving to those (well Cy) who visit the thread of Mr. Popularity.

Not entirely sure, but might watch some football tomorrow .
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Mild cold like symptoms only, but my wife & friend are hurting like I had previously. Plus the aggravation to my shoulder/bicep from that jeep tour has resolved.

Push day & Abs this morning, kept it lighter & 12-15 reps. Just took a short 2 mile walk with my honey; the fall weather is perfect!

A happy thanksgiving to those (well Cy) who visit the thread of Mr. Popularity.

Not entirely sure, but might watch some football tomorrow .
    You know you will be glued to the TV all day! We are actually going to some friends house in the neighborhood (literally a mile drive), so I may miss SOME but we will see. Actually, we probably need a golf cart so we can jet over there easy!

Glad to hear you are doing better! And Happy Thanksgiving to you as well!
    wango likes this.

Relaxing weekend & a nice day of NFL yesterday. Feeling about 90%. Been eating mega clean & a little sparse the past 1 1/2 weeks and the scale dropped a touch & the mirror improved a bit more.

Pull day. Added a few sets of squats & a couple of ab movements. Elliptical and treadmill for about 20, but legs are feeling better.

Bought some inexpensive skin cream that is supposed to tighten skin in the mid-section (hey it was cheap). If I do bend forward it’s a bit loose, but considering my age and the weight dropped, there’s no sagging (yet). Adding it to my pecs as well.

Here we go, setting my sights on 190.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Relaxing weekend & a nice day of NFL yesterday. Feeling about 90%. Been eating mega clean & a little sparse the past 1 1/2 weeks and the scale dropped a touch & the mirror improved a bit more.

Pull day. Added a few sets of squats & a couple of ab movements. Elliptical and treadmill for about 20, but legs are feeling better.

Bought some inexpensive skin cream that is supposed to tighten skin in the mid-section (hey it was cheap). If I do bend forward it’s a bit loose, but considering my age and the weight dropped, there’s no sagging (yet). Adding it to my pecs as well.

Here we go, setting my sights on 190.
    Glad you are doing better, brother!

If I keep gaining, I may meet you at 190
    wango likes this.

Glad you are doing better, brother!

If I keep gaining, I may meet you at 190
    TY Cy. As long as we keep doing anything, we’re kicking butt!
    Cylon357 likes this.

The legs woke me up this morning. Guess even that little time off put a hurting on em. Wussed out and popped some advil.

Push day with a few different ab movements, really trying to hit the obliques & lower abs hoping that with continued weight loss I just might get that arrow pointing to my groin (one can only dream).

Increased resistance today, next week I should be 100% back.

Psyched in that I found a possible shoulder surgery that done prior to the total shoulders in the future, will prolong my gym days & improve my function. BTW, overhead storage on the airplane was pretty much out of the question, kind of an ego deflator.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    The legs woke me up this morning. Guess even that little time off put a hurting on em. Wussed out and popped some advil.

Push day with a few different ab movements, really trying to hit the obliques & lower abs hoping that with continued weight loss I just might get that arrow pointing to my groin (one can only dream).

Increased resistance today, next week I should be 100% back.

Psyched in that I found a possible shoulder surgery that done prior to the total shoulders in the future, will prolong my gym days & improve my function. BTW, overhead storage on the airplane was pretty much out of the question, kind of an ego deflator.
    Man, if you need advil, take it! I used to play that macho shit, like "aarr, it'll be fine grrr!" But that noise is for the young and hard headed.

https://tenor.com/view/monty-python-...ny-gif-9050905
    wango likes this.

Pull day, squats, abs & elliptical. Strength & energy are returning.

Feeling guilty, we stopped at a killer deli by us yesterday, next to the grocery store. I ate a nice roast beef sandwich on rye. But also had a bit of potato salad & a small bag of chips. What a slacker, going to repent food wise today.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Pull day, squats, abs & elliptical. Strength & energy are returning.

Feeling guilty, we stopped at a killer deli by us yesterday, next to the grocery store. I ate a nice roast beef sandwich on rye. But also had a bit of potato salad & a small bag of chips. What a slacker, going to repent food wise today.
    YOLO, Jack!
    wango likes this.

Absolutely right Cy!

But still dropped calories yesterday to make up for that lunch (but don’t regret the lunch).

Push day, 1/2 kneeling wood choppers for obliques and finish with the treadmill.

Solid week. Strength feels almost at pre-vacation, pre- Covid levels; scale & mirror looking fine.

Kind of digging our somewhat crappy weather as we love our fireplace.

Got some interesting games this Sunday, should be fun.
    Cylon357 likes this.

This Covid bout ain’t going away; both the wife & I are still having issues & damn if I didn’t have any gas left in the tank for the gym till today. Really up & down day to day.

Pull day with abs.

Tried some more aggressive HIIT on the elliptical today. 2 minute moderate, 1 minute pushing it. Was only able to get in 2, 8 minute bouts. Really dug it, will try again on Friday because I want to try to squat tomorrow.

I have to cut a full day from taking my atenolol to see if I can get my heart rate higher. I could only get it to 125 today.

Blog Entries
    This Covid bout ain’t going away; both the wife & I are still having issues & damn if I didn’t have any gas left in the tank for the gym till today. Really up & down day to day.

Pull day with abs.

Tried some more aggressive HIIT on the elliptical today. 2 minute moderate, 1 minute pushing it. Was only able to get in 2, 8 minute bouts. Really dug it, will try again on Friday because I want to try to squat tomorrow.

I have to cut a full day from taking my atenolol to see if I can get my heart rate higher. I could only get it to 125 today.
    Time to take a recovery day and load up on tater tots and hamburgers! Beat the scale to beat the 'Vid!
    wango likes this.

Push day with light abs, plus squats.

HIIT on the elliptical again. 2-1, 2-1, 2-1, 3. Digging it, kept my HR between 118-125 most of the time. Man that is a time efficient workout to burn calories - I’m growing to hate cardio less & less.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    I caught your damn cold BTW. It ain't the vid tho...
    wango likes this.

I caught your damn cold BTW. It ain't the vid tho...
    Sorry to hear, but happy it ain’t Covid.

Feel better!
    Last edited by wango; 12-08-2022 at 05:44 PM.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Pull day, squats & abs.

HIIT elliptical 2-1, 2-1, 4

Nice day of football yesterday. Go Purdy! And - wouldn’t it be something if it wasn’t all Mayfield’s fault & he just now landed on a good squad.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Pull day, squats & abs.

HIIT elliptical 2-1, 2-1, 4

Nice day of football yesterday. Go Purdy! And - wouldn’t it be something if it wasn’t all Mayfield’s fault & he just now landed on a good squad.
    Mayfield did look awesome, and so did the former Mr Irrelevant, Purdy?

And, last night, the Bolts looked like the team I have been hoping for all season. Too late to catch KC, in all likelihood, but they control their fate!
    wango likes this.

Mayfield did look awesome, and so did the former Mr Irrelevant, Purdy?

And, last night, the Bolts looked like the team I have been hoping for all season. Too late to catch KC, in all likelihood, but they control their fate!
    The Chargers have been a head scratcher all season & last night was a very nice game!
    Cylon357 likes this.

Push day, 3 ab movements & a longer HIIT bout.
    2-1, 2-1, 2-1, 2-1, 3.

Strength & in particular, energy levels nearing per-trip & pre-Covid. Easily the best feeling workout in 4-5 weeks.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Push day, 3 ab movements & a longer HIIT bout.
    2-1, 2-1, 2-1, 2-1, 3.

Strength & in particular, energy levels nearing per-trip & pre-Covid. Easily the best feeling workout in 4-5 weeks.
    I'm almost over the bronchitis, too, brother! Getting old is bleah, but getting well is good!
    wango likes this.

I'm almost over the bronchitis, too, brother! Getting old is bleah, but getting well is good!
    Very happy for your recovery Cy! Health is nothing to be taken for granted & as you mentioned, at our ages; you have to treasure it more & more.
    Cylon357 likes this.

All my favorite upper body movements and squats.

Also working on single leg strength/balance. My left leg is pathetically weak & unsteady.

Kind of just coasting for the reminder of the month, but watching the diet/mirror/scale so I don’t loose ground.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    "Knock knock"
    "Who's there?"

"Cylon"
    "Cylon who?"

"WOOOOOOO Cylon Three Fifty Seven, BROTHER!!! Checking in, OHHHHH YEAHHH, checking in to see how Brother Wango is doin'!?"
    wango likes this.

"Knock knock"
    "Who's there?"

"Cylon"
    "Cylon who?"

"WOOOOOOO Cylon Three Fifty Seven, BROTHER!!! Checking in, OHHHHH YEAHHH, checking in to see how Brother Wango is doin'!?"
    Doing just great thank you! Looking forward to a killer 2023. Just currently enjoying a nice fireplace & one heck of a series of NFL action. Nothing would make me happier than to see Baker & the Rams beat Green Bay and the a-hole Rogers tonight, but that is a huge stretch.

Hope you’re well!
    Cylon357 likes this.

Blog Entries
    Doing just great thank you! Looking forward to a killer 2023. Just currently enjoying a nice fireplace & one heck of a series of NFL action. Nothing would make me happier than to see Baker & the Rams beat Green Bay and the a-hole Rogers tonight, but that is a huge stretch.

Hope you’re well!
    I'm good and getting better! I don't know if it is too much of a stretch for the Rams to beat the Packers. Cold as a murph there, though. I think the last I heard was 15 degrees. Damn near fatal to this Florida Man!
    Last edited by Cylon357; 12-19-2022 at 07:56 PM.
    wango likes this.

We had a dinner party this weekend and one of our best friends fell in love with our bidet toilet, so we were out shopping today with her for one. But, I got hungry and had a double cheeseburger with fries for lunch. Hey, I did have a diet coke and I said no to the mayo.

Felt guilt so currently doing arm curls with my wine glass in front of the fireplace. With those reps, I should get a nice pump, but I have to remember to switch between left & right hands.

Thinking I’ll be back at the gym tomorrow.
    Cylon357 likes this.

After that massive bicep workout last night I had to go with a push day. Throw in squats, some single leg stuff and abs. A few rounds on the elliptical as well. Actually a very nice little workout & a good tricep/delts/pec pump.

A solid upper body workout, some abs and some single leg stuff for that lagging left leg. Nice pump, even got a positive comment from someone I see there practically every time.

Looking forward to a weekend of NFL and even a little NBA.

Peace on Earth, Good will to all!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wango back at the grind-d6a6b233-6543-49f2-a4d7-93ed4988b7e7.jpeg  
    Cylon357 likes this.

Going . . . going . . . . gone
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wango back at the grind-16a61ff7-0cc4-419a-98b1-237e17eb1c97.jpeg   Wango back at the grind-94fc3ac8-1067-4209-b3d8-af1c81e0604a.jpeg   Wango back at the grind-f08d4d95-de20-4cae-be74-8e2e124c155b.jpeg  

There ain’t no round muscle there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wango back at the grind-01361fc9-b5f2-4fcf-8199-5fe7aa634365.jpeg  
    Cylon357 likes this.

There is now, lol.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wango back at the grind-a0b06328-9210-4a85-ba5a-f1373896af0e.jpeg  
    Cylon357 likes this.

Can’t condition what God didn’t give you. All the work in the world can’t fix genetics. Did only Lee train his lower back for the Mr. O? Was Chris lazy?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wango back at the grind-7911a953-a8fb-44da-9933-7d3b69bb17df.jpeg  
    Last edited by wango; 12-25-2022 at 01:36 PM.

Some very nice lower lats. Sorry Frank, according to some (I am notreferring to our forum members) your lower back conditioning is questionable.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wango back at the grind-72eb9d09-36c1-4542-b9c3-ff563805d1b5.jpeg   Wango back at the grind-c9e575b8-3d18-4774-a379-f763077e3a27.jpeg   Wango back at the grind-725991c3-c16a-4eda-abcd-6c494d4e9b29.jpeg  
    Last edited by wango; 12-25-2022 at 01:11 PM.

Man do I miss going for some balance and proportion to all of the different muscle groups. I wish that/those internet gurus (once again, not referring to our forum members) focus upon this instead .

And btw, Dorian had some freakish lower lats! Full & thick, clear down to the iliac crest!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Wango back at the grind-5c2ac4bf-bc01-4988-a3e0-82f936df4347.jpeg   Wango back at the grind-66b25f68-4020-41b8-8050-882cb992670a.jpeg  
    Last edited by wango; 12-25-2022 at 01:33 PM.

Ugh, rant on bro science over. I’ve trained (myself and not others) & studied physiques for a half of a century.
    I’ve dedicated 45 years, 2 degrees & 2 careers based on this stuff. Hell, actually 3, as I did the personal training crap some 40 years ago as well. Regrettably once I hit one one thing on FB, I’m inundated with non stop b.s. of dudes that are out there peddling crap and/or seeking $; every so often I purge (violently). Glad I got that out of me, which is why I did it in my thread.
    Last edited by wango; 12-26-2022 at 04:21 PM.

OK, break is over. F’n Covid took it’s sweet time, but I started to regain some momentum the past few weeks, regrettably though, the holidays got in the way. 2023 starts today & since I’m on the same “phase” of my training, I’m calling this week 27. Still thinking that I got 5-10 pounds of fat I can lose, but damn, my bf hasn’t been this low in decades. However low for me just might be average for most of our members.

Pull day today. Also got in 4 sets of squats & back up to 25 pound plates on the Smith machine. Form is clean, comfortable and painless down to just below parallel.

Re-adding single leg leg press for my weak leg & emphasis is on slow eccentric control.

Elliptical was HIIT style today. Moderate & intense. 2-1, 2-1, then 10 at moderate only. With atenolol in my body, I’m still @ a consistent 115-120 heart rate, so pretty pleased.

Gym was slammed today as I guess today is technically a holiday for many.

Now that the 6 month stretch burned away 30-35 pounds of fat & my body appears to be tolerating the work load, my 2023 goal is to look damn impressive when I’m ready for Medicare at 65, this year.

TRT only: 75mg. 2x/wk.

Heck, actually that little rant & purge relit that fuse I had burning strong for 6 months before I got sick.
    Cylon357 likes this.

Thread Information