Thread: Sex before gym

mrdude is offline Associate Member

Sex before gym

Is it bad to work out after having sex? If you had planned to work out but you had sex would you skip working out that evening?

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    lol...no I wouldn't skip the gym if I got laid.

Depends on the length/intensity of the session, amount of energy before/after, diet, time of day, etc... Not a black and white question/answer

mrdude is offline Associate Member
    It was with my girlfriend but I don't meet her so often. I met her two days ago but still. I went to the gym 2 - 3 hours after and it went ok. I did not notice any difference. I trained legs and shoulders.

lc1213 is offline Associate Member
    I read that sex or masturbating increases testosterone . So one would think that sex prior to weight training could be a little beneficial. Would it be raised 2-3 hours after sex, don't know. I would be hitting the weights pretty hard after having sex though.

PitMaster is offline Associate Member
    I don't think you should skip your workout. Although I don't believe you will be at peak performance after cleaning your pipes. I use to work a physical job(concrete man). Every time I got some the night before my buddy knew it w/o me even saying anything. He would say, got laid huh...cuz you ain't worth a fvck today. Never fails...Everyone different try it out and pay attention.

PurpleOnes is offline Associate Member
    I could not concentrate on working out if I had sex pre workout. Eat your meals, do your workout and while your waiting to eat your next meal , do what you want .

Thread Information