bugsysiegals is offline Junior Member

Question 2 a day routine ??

I'd like to try a 2 a day workout routine (currently 3 weeks into my cycle). I figured my recovery time is going to be faster right now so it may be beneficial to do 2 a day's and shock up the muscles while also getting more done in less time.

In the past, I used to do every workout twice a week while only working out once a day in the evening after work (chest/bi's, back/tri's, legs, repeat). What do you guys think would be a good chance of routine ... 2 a days, working each body part twice a week while only working out once a day, or 2 a days and working out each body part twice a week?

Has anybody switched their routine to something like this while on cycle and had better results doing so? Just wondering if it would be worth it to switch it up a bit.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    I think an upper/lower body split is the best way to go if you only wanna train 2 days per week...

why only two days tho?
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I like a two day split for a while. DC was great for me.

However I would not change things half way into a cycle...

Sorry if my original post was confusing ... I didnt mean training only twice per week. I meant training twice per day 5-6 days per week. Early in the morning before work and in the afternoon after work. I was doing cardio in the AM and working out in the afternoon for a while and was thinking if i workout in the morning also, id still be burning calories plus getting more workouts in. Maybe this is to much while off cycle but im on right now so thought perhaps it would be beneficial and i could train more frequently.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    I havent done anything like this since HS football - and that wasnt resiatnce training in am and pm it was field training in am - resiatnce in pm. Anyway I think something like this should be done very short term. If you look at Arnolds Encylopedia of modern BB'ing he covers 2 a days and used to do it himself. I persoannly think anything more than 2-3 weeks of this to get past a plateau would be overtraining and detrimental. Also you need to change a few things - Hi gi carbs with protein post am workout are , in a case like this , essential for glycogen replenishment. You dont have the time required to replenish glycogen without the intake of high gi carbs imo. Also keep your caloric requirments in mind and adjust accordingly. I dunno - i really am not crazy about the idea but hey give it a shot .....
    Last edited by jimmyinkedup; 07-22-2011 at 09:44 AM.

gmantheman is offline Associate Member
    During my last month in Iraq I did 2x a day training. I was getting about 6-8 hrs of sleep and I was napping during the day. There wasn't much else to do. Anyway I was training the same bodypart twice a day. Maybe not good for long term but I believe okay for short term (3-4 weeks) My morning workout was the heavier session with 4-6 reps and the afternoon reps were 12-15. I didn't feel like was over-training at all.
    Last edited by gmantheman; 07-22-2011 at 06:38 PM.

Thanks for the input ... perhaps I'll do it for a few weeks then switch back to the cardio for a few months and repeat if it works well. Also, I'm not sure about the whole high gi carbs but right now I'm doing oatmeal/protein/fat free milk during my morning cardio sessions and protein/dextrose after my strength training workouts in the pm. Should I stick with the oatmeal in the AM when I do strength training or switch to the dextrose?

gmantheman is offline Associate Member
    It seems that dextrose is the carb of choice post workout, or at least it was

Thread Information