lethalppl is offline Associate Member

ok im wondering how much cardio do u guys do on mass gaining workout

Ok i trying to gain muscle mass right now i was wondering what u guys do for cardio and how much and how often. I know this is side question but do u guys do abs every day or once a week. i only do it once week with weights. I run 3 times a week for 25 mins for cardio. THen run wind sprints hard once week on weekend. is that too much or not enough. i appriates any help
    sorry for spelling

ohh ya i also play soccer on tuesdays for a team so that probably shoud count for cardio too.

berry is offline Associate Member
    well i would go down to low inpact cardio like 4 times a week ,abbs i never do them

MrMuscle is offline New Member
    none what so ever

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    If your bulking and a hard gainer don't do cardio. If like me you gain body weight (including fat) easily then stay with the cardio. It's unlikely you'll do enough to hurt your gains.
    I try to cut down on too much cardio when I'm using alot of steroids as the heart is a muscle also and I don't want that one getting bigger !.

Bouncer

i play sports so will that effect the heart with steriods . So should i stop. Im not on them yet.

BOUNCER is offline Retired Vet
    I honestly don't know about heart enlargement from playing intensive sports while using steroids . I doubt it would be a big issue as most of us here wouldn't be involved in massively intensive sports such as competing professional athletes who decide to use. And I keep meaning to get around to studying the issue, but like most things involving use of steroids in sports there's very little 'exact science' and medical studies available and alot of what we learn is hearsay and experienced athetes giving their experiences.
    Needless to say, I take percautions regarding my liver and other organs so why not take percautions with my heart untill I learn more.

Bouncer

LittleMeth is offline Junior Member
    Definately no cardio if your trying to gain mass. Onec you have the mass and size you can do some cardio to cut down the fat.

Abs are good but you should only do ab workouts once a week because basically everything you do involves abs.

i have to do some cardio or i feel like crap so what would be light. run/ speed walking or biking for 10 mins? is to short or not long enough( i ussually do 25 to 45 mins). enought 3 times a week or less. i know this is stupid question just i been trying to gain weight and im stuck at this weight and actually just lost few lbs. Right now im not done any juice but will be in next few months Hopefully. I just trying to learn everything i can about them first.
    thx
    lethalppl

If you really need to do cardio you should do excersize bike or rowing. Something past paced. Only do it once or twice a week, and not too much of it. Remember, you want to get big before you get cut.

past pace=fast pace right?

Tobey is offline Retired IRON CHEF Mod
    Abbs everyday. It is the only muscle group in the entire body that you are taining for densitity instead of bulking purposes. As far as cardio I am bulking right now I am plan on jogging 20 miles a week. This breaks down to to 2 miles in the morning and 2 miles in the evenings 5 days a week.
    IC

Originally posted by lethalppl
    past pace=fast pace right?
    yes

HARDCORE is offline Associate Member
    I always do cardio-I just bump it way up when I cut. It makes me feel good and keeps my conditioning up. It also opens up your capalaries, and really gets the blood and nutrients flowing through your veins. I'd say just go by how you feel, maybe three to four times a week for 20-40 minutes at med. intensity. Works for me.

Thread Information