"overtraing" Answere this

I here a lot about overtraining. In 1970 I took a construction job that required workers to climb 30" ladders. Each day I climbed over a mile high by ends day. I weighed 183 lbs when I started that job and left it a year later to go back to school. When i quit that job i weighed 194 lbs. Here's what happened though. My thighs ended up measuring 29 1/2" when i left that job causing me to have to have all my pants altered. How come my thighs grew so large. Why weren't they overtrained from using them 5 days a week, preventing them from getting that big.

Now do you think I believe in overtraining?

bluethunder is offline Anabolic Member
    You should IF you train right due to the simple fact at our age recovery is much more slower then you were 34yrs ago.

Hypertrophy is offline Senior Member
    You had no external load. If you could overtrain doing what you did, then people that have to climb stairs to their job on a daily basis would also be overtrained. Go SQUAT 5 days a week, then ask "Now do you think I believe in overtraining?"

Should of added that I wasn't just climbing ladders for my health, but was carrying crap up them

magicstick2003 is offline Anabolic Member
    were you working out too though? i think part of overtraining could have something to do with doing all your myscles... they will all be fighting for the same protein and nutrition you eat so maybe the competition between them cause a halt in growth somewhat... im just guessing though lol..

HOLLYWOOD is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tough old man
    Should of added that I wasn't just climbing ladders for my health, but was carrying crap up them
    your legs had no choice to get bigger to do the job! PLAIN AND SIMPLE!!! at first they might of been overtrainied but the grew out of that stage because you just kept pounding at em so they really didnt have much of a choice but to get huge! look at those olympic male gymnists, some of those guys are built like ****ing trucks and they practise EVERYDAY FOR HOURS! your body just doesnt have a choice but to get bigger and stronger!

Thread Information