Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

A quality Stayinstacked workout tip

Everybody always speaks of a "mind muscle" connection. I am a firm believer in this mind muscle connection, and we all know somedays you achieve it , well other days we sometimes spend so much time focusing on a goal number of reps or weight we often forget to stop a second and try to feel the movement. How many people do a shitload of fly's or pec deck flys and lack development in the outer/lower pec region? The reason is because they are so focused on that number of reps or finishing the movement they dont get the full benefit of the contraction or motion of the exercise, they use shoulders to make up for the strength their pecs lack. I've seen guys who are big as hell who only get as high as 40's or 50's on db flys. But their form is excellent, slow and controlled, and they really feel the movement. Well I came up with a good tip for a mind muscle connection, and it's worked quite well for me. Take about a month out of your normal routine, and forget the number of reps per set. Thats right, FORGET IT, I want you to lose track of what rep your on by the time you get to two. Now try to feel every bit of the rep, the way your muscles feel during the negative and the push. Just blank out and keep pushing slow and controlled. Visualize your muscles as a hydraulic machine that keeps a slow yet steady motion. I guarantee if you just say **** it, forget about the weight, forget about the reps, and just do this for a month or so w/ your body you'll see results.

good read
    i think i shall try it for 4 weeks, i'll let you know how it ends up

-DedicateD- is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by stayinstacked
    Everybody always speaks of a "mind muscle" connection. I am a firm believer in this mind muscle connection, and we all know somedays you achieve it , well other days we sometimes spend so much time focusing on a goal number of reps or weight we often forget to stop a second and try to feel the movement. How many people do a shitload of fly's or pec deck flys and lack development in the outer/lower pec region? The reason is because they are so focused on that number of reps or finishing the movement they dont get the full benefit of the contraction or motion of the exercise, they use shoulders to make up for the strength their pecs lack. I've seen guys who are big as hell who only get as high as 40's or 50's on db flys. But their form is excellent, slow and controlled, and they really feel the movement. Well I came up with a good tip for a mind muscle connection, and it's worked quite well for me. Take about a month out of your normal routine, and forget the number of reps per set. Thats right, FORGET IT, I want you to lose track of what rep your on by the time you get to two. Now try to feel every bit of the rep, the way your muscles feel during the negative and the push. Just blank out and keep pushing slow and controlled. Visualize your muscles as a hydraulic machine that keeps a slow yet steady motion. I guarantee if you just say **** it, forget about the weight, forget about the reps, and just do this for a month or so w/ your body you'll see results.

i agree with some of the points you have made. when i train my arms, i find myself losing track of the amount of reps from focusing only on moving the weight. it becomes a problem when i have to track progress, but never the less proves my focus is truly on the muscle...its kinda funny when my buddy asks me how many i end up getting, and i answer ...i really have no idea, i wasnt paying attention to that

Thread Information