Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Venum is offline Member

superset question

hey guys...i like to do super sets when working my bi's, but fear the whole over training thing...i usually do 4 heavy sets of barbell curls with low reps (5-7) then go bang out a set of light hammers...does doing the hammers after count as 8 sets total then? i know bi's are small and only need a certain amount of sets, but i never counted the superset hammers in to the total...does anyone count them as sets? also, would i benefit from the hammers more if doing them seperate so I can go heavier? or does it not matter......

FullMoonHowlingWolf is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Venum
    hey guys...i like to do super sets when working my bi's, but fear the whole over training thing...i usually do 4 heavy sets of barbell curls with low reps (5-7) then go bang out a set of light hammers...does doing the hammers after count as 8 sets total then? i know bi's are small and only need a certain amount of sets, but i never counted the superset hammers in to the total...does anyone count them as sets? also, would i benefit from the hammers more if doing them seperate so I can go heavier? or does it not matter......
    Venum if you are doing 1 set of barbell curls and then going right into hammers without resting, it's 1 superset, not 2 sets. So, if you are doing 4 barbell curls and 4 hammer curls without resting then your total number of sets is 4.

I’d suggest sticking with your 4 sets of heavy barbell curls, but don’t superset them. If you really like super setting, then I'd suggest that you do 2-4 supersets of preacher curls and hammer curls to finish. That should be sufficient and should give you a good all around pump.

Venum is offline Member
    alright, thanks for clearing that up

llsdotmacll is offline Associate Member
    i like super setting two different body parts like doing shoulder shrugs and bicep curls together as a set.... also doing squats and lunges together makes ur legs real beastly

everything on arms day is supersetted for me, bi/tri x2 then a bi/bi and a tri/tri

Thread Information