305GUY is offline Anabolic Member

is this a good price?????????

http://www.powertecfitness.com/power_rack_systemw.htm

I'll be moving into a new house on June 1st and plan on turning a room into a gym. If anybody knows a better deal out there please let me know.

crash187ct is offline Senior Member
    that looks pretty nice....

bigpopapump is offline Junior Member
    That machine looks pretty good to me but I am no expert. I would wait to here from some of the big guys and get there opinions. Alot of these guys just pay a member ship at the local gym though. Its a controlled enviroment and many people around to help with pointers, spots, ext.

crash187ct is offline Senior Member
    all the available exercises look good, but how fast will one switch to the other?

as much as it is nice, i'd much rather goto a gym, its just the environment...the fact you are getting out of the house...but having your own gym has its plusses, such as, you know where all the plates are. the gym i'm at now, is the messiest one i've ever been to. plates are scattered

TheDfromGC is offline Anabolic Member
    if u got some extra money then go for it, but i wouldnt pick that over a gym membership. home gyms are good but after a while they can get old. also, going to a gym puts u in an enviroment to train. ive had days where i go to my basement and ready to lift but then just get distracted by a phone call or whatever and then i never get the workout done. when u go to a gym, ur there to lift and thats it, much more productive. i got olympic bench and a few dumbells in my basement but i still use ballys membership i got 1-2 times a week.....

305GUY is offline Anabolic Member
    lol.. i guess i wasnt very clear. This will not be replacing my gym membership ( i got the whole year paid for anyways)... its just that this is the first time i have the oppurtunity to turn a room in a house i'll be living in, into a gym. There are days that i get home from work and wish that i had a freaking power rack or smith machine in my house, now i can. .........

thanks for the responses. BUMP for more opinions/suggestions..

oldman is offline Anabolic Member
    That is a nice set up bro and for $800 that is not bad at all.

~Old

lzicc is offline Senior Member
    It looks like a solid machine. I don't think that is a bad price for all you are getting with it.

Thread Information