lifta_00 is offline Associate Member

Exclamation Sore after every chest workout! help!

hey guys,

every time i work my chest im sore for the next 2-3 days i have been weight training seriously for awhile now bout 2 years i eat properly and everything and i dont think my chest workout is too demanding. no other body part is sore like my chest and my shoulders are never sore but they seem to grow a lot faster than my chest. i mean it is growing but very slowly.

this is my chest routine:

decline press: reps: 20, 20, 15, 8-12, 8-12
    Flat bench or dumbells: 20, 15, 8-12, 8-12
    inlcine bench: 15, 8-12, 8-12

then maybe dumbell flys depending on how im feeling 2 sets 10 reps each.

thanks for any help!

C_Bino is offline $BAM-7246~AR-Hall of Famer
    Well its a good thing to be sore after a solid workout. But definitely try to put some flies into your routine man. Dumbell and cable. Doing solely presses isnt the best approach. The way the muscle fibres in your chest are aligned they are used for bringing your arms across your chest first and foremost, pushing works but I think flies are better in the end. A good combo of both is key.

lifta_00 is offline Associate Member
    oh thanks for that yeah ive been mainly doing presses thinking thats the way to build them.. they did grow at the start but now have tapered off. i will surley be adding in some flyes every session now. thanks for the advice! as for soreness i was under the impression if you have soreness after every session you are over training the muscle, is this not the idea?

IronReload04 is offline "Rancid Protein Powder Mastermind Technician"
    Quote Originally Posted by C_Bino
    Well its a good thing to be sore after a solid workout. But definitely try to put some flies into your routine man. Dumbell and cable. Doing solely presses isnt the best approach. The way the muscle fibres in your chest are aligned they are used for bringing your arms across your chest first and foremost, pushing works but I think flies are better in the end. A good combo of both is key.
    respectfully i disagree. I have not done flies, raises, or cables going on 2 years and im never looking back

Personally, I think all they do is risk injury/wear out the joints, provide an insufficient growth stimulus and or one that isnt going to do anything presses wont do

jmho

Thread Information