BB2twohundred is offline New Member

Looking for poiters. Pix included.

hi everyone. I joined this forum in hope that I might beable to be helped out in getting back into shape. Sadly I don't have tons of money to join a gym right now (i live in the Killeen Tx area incase someone knows a cheap gym around here) or for lots of suppliments. I have really let myself go in the last 2 yrs. I am disgusted by how I look. I am 26yrs old and recently I can tell I am getting lazier and I hate it. from 2000 - 2004 I was in the Army and I was in great shape. I ran everyday and went to the on post gym. I am thinking about going in on Reserve duty this time around, but I know I need to get my body and stamina in shape again in order to do so. A quick example is I just tried to do some push ups and I get so tired when I hit 20. That's not good. Below are some pictures of how I look now. Sorry there so big. Please, no flamming. I have to see this everyday.
    Any help anyone can give to me on a workout plan I would appreciate it.

stats
    26yrs old
    6' 1"
    205lbs

[IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    [IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited by BB2twohundred; 10-18-2006 at 08:58 PM.

mateo112 is offline Associate Member
    nice flower on the light switch. it will be hard since you don't belong to a gym. do 100 sit ups and push ups (not all in one set). also you have to burn more calories then you're taking in. do some cardio maybe 30 min 5 days a week to start off. then gradually increase.

helium3 is offline Senior Member
    what you need is about 6 months of cardio my friend,watch your diet and youll soon be in shape,go for long swift walks or try some jogging,build upto at least 30-40 mins a day,sit-ups,press-ups and some good stretching will help.good luck.

lol yea that's my lil niece's bathroom. she lives with me and she's got that bathroom all girlie. haha.

ok well I found a good gYm with a good price this am, so I joined it. So now I'm ready for help with a good workout. Like I stated above I used to go to a gYm on post a few yrs back so I know pretty much what I'm doing, but now I got all this fat. So if anyone could give me good pointers now that I joined a gYm I'd appreciate it.

My goals....
    To cut down the fat around my nasty gut and the fat that has formed on my chest. It looks (to me anyway) that I now got man boobs and it makes me uncomfortable. I also want to gain muscle ofcoarse while doing this.
    One more thing. I seen at the store this am they have a protein called "Healthy and (n) Fit" It has 50grams of protein per serving and it cost $20 for about a month supply (if I take 2 shakes a day). Has anyone here used that before? If it's a good product I will beable to pick that up later today.

thank you mateo for the response and thanks to whoever else responds

AnabolicAndre is offline Anabolic Member
    wow dude you look like you lost some serious weight already.

Id definitly keep up with the cardio, but dont skip out on the weight training. vary the types and intensity of cardio you do along with weight training and a great diet the fat will melt off of you.

try reading the cutting sticky its a good place to start.

good luck and keep up the good work!

Thanks Andre. The reason I have those stretch marks is b/c i weighed 250 in 2000 when I entered the Army then after basic training @ Ft benning I weighed 198 (so that's where they came from). Then with eatting smart and running everyday along with the gYm I maintained a weight of 190lbs. Now I'm about 15lbs heavier and I'm noticing the stretch marks becomming more visable again and I feel just so fat and lazy..It's embarresing. I didn't even go to the pool all summer b/c I felt uncomfy with these man tits, ehhh. But yea I will read the Cutting sticky.
    Thank you for the reply.

doby48 is offline Female Member
    Diet and cardio are key. I am going to assume since you used to workout that you understand the benefits on morning cardio on empty stomach, desired time to perform cardio and target HR. If not then post back and I can fill in the blanks. As far as exercises go, if you can't get to a gym there are a lot of body weight exercises than can be done. I had actually started a thread on this subject some time ago as there were a lot of posts buy people looking for exercises they could do when traveling if a gym was not available.

You can view this post at the link below:
    Body Weight Exercises
    • Sweat plus sacrifice equals success. - Charlie Finley
    • It doesn't get easier, you just get faster. - Greg LeMond
    ExRx (Exercise Prescription)

Thanks for the reply Doby. I understand the benefits of morning cardio. I never really kept track of my heart rate tho. The thread you wrote is good. I like it. Some of the exercises I don't even know what they are. for instance what's a Hindu push-up? Is that like a diamond push-up? And how the heck do I build up to a one handed push-up? I could NEVER do them.. even when I was in really good shape. My chest for some reason has always been pretty weak. Plus I always lost stamina quick with push-ups.

thanks!

Thanks for the reply Doby. I understand the benefits of morning cardio. I never really kept track of my heart rate tho. The thread you wrote is good. I like it. Some of the exercises I don't even know what they are. for instance what's a Hindu push-up? Is that like a diamond push-up? And how the heck do I build up to a one handed push-up? I could NEVER do them.. even when I was in really good shape. My chest for some reason has always been pretty weak. Plus I always lost stamina quick with push-ups.

thanks!

Here is a site you can go to and see a video of a Hindu Pushup, kinda hard to explain them and easier to understand by looking at it being done.
    http://www.athletics.ucr.edu/strengt...ndupushups.htm

Oh and with regards to the cardio... Your cardio should be done in the AM on an empty stomach at least 3x a week. You should go for 45 minuts and should keep your HR between 60%-75% of your MaxHR. If you dont know what yours is you can use the online calculator here: http://www.bodyforlife2.com/max_heart_rate.htm

If you can afford one, get a heartrate monitor for during your cardio. I have a Polar brand and you can get their low end models for under $100 easily at any sporting goods store, last time I checked I saw them on sale for around $50. The higher end models just allow downloading of data, backlights, etc which isnt really necessary. with a good HR monitor it will beep when you get outside your predefined HR zone...or if you cant afford one, then just check your HR manually when doing cardio.

ok i got it. how well does that work with improving upper body strength and stamina with pushups?

Hindu pushups are great for both strength and stamina. If you were to check around, you will find that many people into martial arts, MMA, wresting, grappling, pride fighting, etc use Hindu Pushups as a staple exercise.

ok tonight I did 100 pushups (25each time at commercials) and then 100 crunches, 100 twists and 100 scissor kicks. How many Hindu pushups should i shoot for when I am doing this? Also should I do it everyday, everyother, 3 times a week, or...? That's in addition to going to the gYm since I joined one?

The number of Hindu pushups will be determined on how many you can do. Incorporate some of these exercises into your workout so as to not overdo it now that you have gym membership. You dont want to be working your Chest say on Monday and doing Hindu pushups on Tuesday and wednesday. If working your chest Monday then do Hindu pushups on that day only so as you are consistent with the muscle groups worked. You will get feedback from different guys on different splits that they do but what always worked best for me was the split below. Keep in mind that most guys here work legs on one day instead of designating two different days to the different leg muscles (I worked calves on Quad day).

MON: Chest / Tris
    TUE: Quads / Abs
    WED: Rest
    THU: Back / Bis
    FRI: Shoulders / Lower Back & Hamstrings
    SAT: HIIT
    SUN: Rest

thanks for all the help i appreciate ALOT!!!!
    Whats HIIT on Sat?

also might be dumb but could you give me the list of exercises on each day to do. Just something to maybe help me out more and perhaps try things i never did before. besides now that i got tits it bothers me ALOTTTTTTT! I'd love to get rid of them.. ehhhhh

HIIT is High Intensity Interval Training and is done as a type of cardio on treadmill, cycle, etc. I used to be a cyclist and really enjoyed HIIT and it was very useful for anyone involved in running, cycling etc where they may need that burst of energy such as climbing a hill or going for the pass.

Here is a list of the exercises for reference. It worked really well for me and every few weeks I may change out an exercise or two just to make sure my routine didnt get stale. Also, I am an 3 set - 8-10 rep person. You will hear various theries from people on different sets of reps the most common being between 5-10 reps, few people actually go for more than 10 reps in a set. Another common one is 5 sets of 5 reps but that didnt work well for me. The way I do it is if I cant do 8 reps in each set then I need to drop my weight, if I could do 11 reps in then I need to increase the weight.

MONDAY
    CHEST
    Wide Grip Bench - Superset Pushups
    Dumbbell Decline Fly
    Cable Crossovers

TRICEPS
    Incline Close Grip Bench Press
    Weighted Bench Dips
    Pulley Pushdowns

---

TUESDAY
    QUADRICEPS (and CALVES)
    Cable Lunge
    Squats
    Leg Extension
    Standing Calf Raise

ABS -- Only 2 sets instead of the typical 3, pick only 2 of the following 4 exercises each time.
    Hanging Bent Knee Leg Lifts
    Incline Reverse Crunch
    Weighted Decline Sit Ups
    Cable Crunches

---

THURSDAY
    BACK
    Pull Ups
    Lat Pull (Wide Grip Rear)
    Cable One Arm High Row
    T-Bar Rows

BICEPS
    Barbell Curl (EZ-Bar)
    Hammer Curls
    Incline Alternating Curls

---

FRIDAY
    SHOULDERS
    Dumbbell Front Raise
    Cable Rear Lateral Raise
    Dumbbell Side Laterals
    Dumbbell Military Press

LOWER BACK/HAMSTRINGS
    Pull Through
    Cable Straight Leg Deadlifts
    Standing Leg Curls

This by no means is the only routine, however, it is one that I have had great results from so you can use is it as a starting point when setting one up. There are hundreds of different exercises that can be done for different muscle groups. Just be sure to find exercises that you enjoy doing so you dont dread certain days. I also like to change out an exercise or two every 2-3 weeks just to keep things fresh.

Thread Information