Thread: Dead lifts?

bracks02 is offline New Member

Dead lifts?

I dont consider my self to be super tall but I do have long legs, and I'f finding it dificult to grasp the correct way to perform deadlifts. Now I'm new to body building and have only done the excersise a dozen or so times but it just feels awkward. Any body with long legs have the same problem or I' am I just doing them wrong?

THE_DOME is offline Anabolic Member
    i am 6'4 it may feel a bit awkward but the more you do them the more compforable it will feel. make sure you keep that back straight

BigJames is offline Senior Member
    It feels akward at first, but you will adjust. I am 6'2" and have long legs and felt strange at first too. I also could not lift much. Keep your back straight and do not try to show off...I found out the hard way what happens when you show off with deads...your back is not impressed.

Grappler13 is offline Productive Member

Parroting previous advice.

1) Watch your form or have someone watch it for you.
    2) Don't go heavy until you are comfortable with your technique
    3) If you do Deads correctly, it will not feel awkward (I don't consider scraping my shins awkward.....yes, sometimes you will bleed).
    4) I personally think Deads are the most important lift in the sports/ athletic lifting arsenal. BBers may disagree
    5) Keep your back straight, ass down, and head facing forward.
    6) Use chalk, not wrist straps.
    7) Enjoy!

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    use an alternating hand grip(one hand over, one hand under) and try sumo style instead of conventional

Dont listen to your body, just keep doing them. After a few months you'll be thankful and it'll come natural

cherokee6 is offline Junior Member
    Most new lifts feel weird at first, but like everyone is saying...given time and repetition deads will become secnd nature. Has become a favorite of mine and has developed great strength for me. Don't get discouraged.

pvit486 is offline Junior Member
    Recently, I been doin' partial deadlifts like Lee Haney, I feel it really pumps my lower back and at the same time thickens my traps, make sure you go heavy enough with your back straight of course.

Thread Information