JDMSilviaSpecR is offline Vicious With Malicious Intent

Re: Starting Back Up

How's everyone doing? It's been a while since I've been on these boards, and even longer since I've lifted. About Two years ago, I fractured (hairline) both my wrists while bench pressing. I took my mandatory 10 months off, and had to take off an additional 5 months after that before I was able to lift weights.

I was working out all natural for 5 straight years, peaked out at 193 lbs, at a consistant 7% BF.

I'm now down to 163 lbs still around 7% BF.

I used to be the loudest preacher when it comes to motivation and now I suddenly see myself finding every excuse not to go.

If anyone has gone through such an extensive injury, please give me imput on where to start.

InsaneInTheMembrane is offline Anabolic Member
    Blog Entries
    I havent gone through an extensive injury BUT I did quit gear and gym entirely for almost a year and lost most of my hard earned gains.

Get back on the bandwagon!! I decided to stop wallowing in self pity this past Jan (06) and started training seriously again. After three moths of getting my diet and exercise in order, I started a cycle... I'm glad to say that just 9 months later, I am infact slightly more muscular than when I quit! Muscle memory is a wonderful thing and you'll be amazed at the speed of your comeback..

So I say get to it bro! Psyche yourself up! Get back in the gym and become the monster you were born to be!

Special "K" is offline New Member
    I took 3 months off this past summer, just got back into it this week myself.

It's true about muscle memory...I lost some strength and size but not much. It takes about 3 months to get back to where you were but that's not bad.

It gave me time to heal up from all the little nagging injuries. I'm sure i was overtrained too so the layoff was probably good for me.

I am interested in seeing if I get more strength and size than i had when I last peaked...i had been at it 4-5 days a week, every week for 4 years straight and was in a nasty plateau. Nothing seemed to bust me out of it. I am natural too so that's a big reason why I didn't take off from where I was.

JDMSilviaSpecR is offline Vicious With Malicious Intent
    I started lifting exactly two weeks ago today.

I've been lifting 4 times a week and I'm not going to lie, it's been and will continue to be a rough road back uphill.

Considering my long hiatus, I'm making good progress. My eating habits have reformed back to where it used to be and my muscle memory is slowly but surely starting to set in.

The strength is still somewhat there but what's completely vanished is my endurance and stamina which is expected. I can't wait to get back on track!

Thread Information