DNoMac is offline Senior Member

Wider Shoulders!!

Would it be most beneficial to focus on the lateral deltoid to broaden the shoulders, or all parts? Also, what excercises would be the best? I would assume lat raises, but I was also told standing barbell presses is great as well. Any suggestions based on experience? I want wider shoulders!!!!

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    All you need:
    http://www.exrx.net/Lists/ExList/ShouldWt.html

Make sure you hit all heads but don't always start off with front delts like everyone does.

I think that may be my prob, i've always started with front delts (usually shoulder press). I've eliminated a few sets of those because my shoulders are usually pretty blasted from chest days. I actually have pretty good delts, I just want to broaden my shoulders. I know a lot of it is genetics, but fvck that shit, I'm gonna blow my shoulders up!

Btw, I checked that website out in the other thread, its kick ass. Was lookin for peoples experiences as well as far as success with widening the shoulders.

taiboxa is offline "Vanity Redefined" ~VET~
    Heavy front military works wonders for me

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    They do but they shouldn't be the first exercise you do every day you work shoulders. Try blasting your sides for a few weeks first. Then move onto your rear delts first for another few weeks. You want to rotate which muscle you start out with to help others grow.

I can almost predict that about 80 percent of people start shoulders with m-press which is ok for a little. I have to admit that i use to do the same. I been hitting my side delts first for a while and they are really showing improvement.

Undecided09 is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by taiboxa
    Ditto....Plus, everyone talks about overtraining bi's/tri's, IMO Shoulder are the most overtrained muslce group....Alternate between Military and Dumbbell presses, heavy, high volume, high intensity....That should be solid for the delt and depending on diet and consistency...

~M.A.D.

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life
    They do but they shouldn't be the first exercise you do every day you work shoulders. Try blasting your sides for a few weeks first. Then move onto your rear delts first for another few weeks. You want to rotate which muscle you start out with to help others grow.

I can almost predict that about 80 percent of people start shoulders with m-press which is ok for a little. I have to admit that i use to do the same. I been hitting my side delts first for a while and they are really showing improvement.
    I do back the day before, so my rear delts are usually a bit fatigued. Regarding doing lateral movements first, I was always taught to work the largest muslces (or in this case muscle head) first. I doubt it would be an issue in this instince, but thats probably the reason many do the bigger movements like shoulder press before doing excercises such as lat raises. I'll def be the guinea pig here for a few weeks and see how I respond. Thanks for the input fellas.

zodiac666 is offline Senior Member
    i always start off with a pressing movement first after my warmup because i am fresh and can push heavier weights.

i really like dumbbell presses because you can adjust them so they hit your side delts more.

one thing i like to do sometimes is superset any pressing movement with side laterals, this way your side delts are sure to fail before anything else.

you can also pre-exhaust with side laterals and then do your pressing movement.

getpumped24 is offline Associate Member
    heavy dumbell press and side laterals

Thread Information