DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries

curls in forearm even with EZ bar ?

I been really hitting the preachers heavy with strict form. My plan was to use wide grip for a few weeks to hit bi differently but i get that damn forearm pain like i am using the straight bar ! It was so bad that last workout i went to lower the bar on last rep which my partner helped me lower then he tried to take the bar from me but my hand was clutched to the bar. He said "Let go i got it" but i couldn't ! My hand was locked to the bar because of the pain in my forearm. i have to wait 30 sec then slowly release the bar

Anyone else get this with EZ bar ? I don't get it as bad when i curl close grip but i want to go wide. I guess DB's...

*Edit
    That title is all F'ed up. Mod please transplate that to english , haha
    Last edited by DSM4Life; 09-16-2006 at 06:19 PM.

zodiac666 is offline Senior Member
    the straight bar is usually harder on the wrists on most people, but you can definitly screw up your wrists using either one

i have had some wrist problems in the past so i usually use the EZ bar. even with the EZ bar i still have to do the movement very slow and i cant go too heavy

and as you already know, whatever injuries you have just try to train around them without making them worse

Warrior is offline AR-Hall of Famer
    Sounds like an epectrolite imbalance... I tend to get these more in calves and a**ominals - but it does happen in forearms as well. Its the muscles contracting because there is nothing to tell them not too - I believe the electrolite calcium plays a big role in stoping contractions. Make sure you are properly hydrated... I am guessing this happens when you train the biceps/forearms after some hard cardio... ?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Warrior
    Sounds like an epectrolite imbalance... I tend to get these more in calves and a**ominals - but it does happen in forearms as well. Its the muscles contracting because there is nothing to tell them not too - I believe the electrolite calcium plays a big role in stoping contractions. Make sure you are properly hydrated... I am guessing this happens when you train the biceps/forearms after some hard cardio... ?
    No cardio that day, i do tri's and bi's. I know i can do more weight but i know the pain will follow.Even with 50 pound preachers the pain gets pretty bad.

Is it a repeated twitching in the muscle?

Blog Entries
    Is it a repeated twitching in the muscle?
    Doesn't really twitch. I lower the bar which is fine when i tence up pulling the bar up and when i contract really hard at the top i can feel the pain. I then go to lower the bar (still feeling the pain) and i cannot let go right away. I have to sit there for a few seconds waiting for my arm to relax itself then i can move on. This only happens with curls.

And it doesn't happen with a straight bar or dumbbells?

If not, stick to the straight bar or dumbbells for biceps - some people don't have the mechanics for the ez-curl's cambered bar... it's deffinitly not something to aggrevate - especially if you can work around it...

Blog Entries
    And it doesn't happen with a straight bar or dumbbells?

If not, stick to the straight bar or dumbbells for biceps - some people don't have the mechanics for the ez-curl's cambered bar... it's deffinitly not something to aggrevate - especially if you can work around it...
    Straight bar does it even wrose . I guess i will just have to stick with the DB's for wide curls.

Quote Originally Posted by DSM4Life
    Straight bar does it even wrose . I guess i will just have to stick with the DB's for wide curls.
    Have you seen a doctor? It sounds potentially like either a neuralogical or physical handicap since it happens with both bars, whenever doing curls... get cleared by a Doc. Also, try increasing your fluid intake and check for any signs of dehydration...

Blog Entries
    Have you seen a doctor? It sounds potentially like either a neuralogical or physical handicap since it happens with both bars, whenever doing curls... get cleared by a Doc. Also, try increasing your fluid intake and check for any signs of dehydration...
    It only happens with the EZ bar when i go wide grip. If i go close grip i am OK. My fluid intake in normally pretty good but i am on creatine so maybe i will try drinking a little more before the gym.

Thread Information