EQismypoise is offline Junior Member

Working out Chest, Back and Corresponding or Alt?

What workout do you prefer? Go with the Corresponding Chest/Tri, Back/Bi or The Alternate Chest/Bi Back/Tri? Lets hear what you think?

Vicktor is offline New Member
    I go with Chest/Tri, Back/Bi since the secondary group is already being hit. That way the muscle can fully recover for it's next workout.

towtheline is offline Junior Member
    It is what works best for your body type, time constraints,etc. I prefer chest/shoulders and give bi/tri's their own day. Nothing better than a full arm pump. Good luck, ttl

IBdmfkr is offline AR VET
    You already know my routine EQ..
    Chest/shoulders/Tri's
    Back/traps/bis
    Legs/calves

But I've also done Chest/shoulders + Back/traps and then given arms their own day.

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    i dont like working tris after chest or bis after lats. i get a better arm workout working arms on there own day.

You actually indirectly work tri's + bi's on these days without even knowing it or wanting to.. so many times people add an extra day during the week to train them specifically and end up overtraining, this causes less growth than what could've been achieved putting them on the same day as the primary muscle group.. but I see what you're saying, I used to feel that way too.

EQismypoise is offline Junior Member
    I used to do that to it gave my arms a jump but then left my biceps growing way faster than triceps because of the bigger stress put on my triceps on chest days!

godkilla is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by I**mfkr
    You actually indirectly work tri's + bi's on these days without even knowing it or wanting to.. so many times people add an extra day during the week to train them specifically and end up overtraining, this causes less growth than what could've been achieved putting them on the same day as the primary muscle group.. but I see what you're saying, I used to feel that way too.
    i know that i am working them indirectly on chest and lat days and thats what i dont like. my tris are toast by the time i am done working my chest, same goes for bis when i work my lats. i can lift so much more if i work my arms on there own day when they are fresh.

Yes, but lifting more with a fresh muscle isn't always a good thing if you are overtraining.

Try this experiment.
    Write down all your lifts from your last arm workout for comparison.

Take 10days off from the gym, then go back in and do the exact same arm workout as the one you have logged and compared the results.. I'm almost positive you will have gone up in weight/reps in every lift.

Conclusion, working arms twice/wk isn't beneficial for growth but rather more destructive for most people. If you are to seperate a day for arms then you must work off of a workout schedule that consists of more than 7days, who said you have to fit everything into a 7day week? Try extending your rotation to 10days or even 12days. Try it and see, what will it hurt?

Vicktor is offline New Member
    ^So you advise chest/tri and back/bi... How many sets of tri do you do after your chest work? How many for biceps after back?

Thread Information