noitnes is offline Junior Member

Full body workout?

Recently I have been going crazy trying to find out what works best for me. I am in between training each muscle group once a week on a 3 day routine, or doing a full body workout 3 times a week.

Personally, I think the full body workout will deliver quicker results but I may be completely wrong here.

Please let me know what you think of full body workouts vs a regular routine. Any and all advice is appreciated here.

Here is the current full body workout I am looking at:

Chest
    bb bench 3 sets
    bb incline 3 sets

Shoulders
    seated military press 3 sets

Legs
    leg press 3 sets
    leg curls 3 sets

Tris
    tricep pushdown 3 sets

Bis
    barbell curls 3 sets

This is what I have so far, although I will switch the workouts occasionally to not get used to the routine. Is this too little emphasis on each muscle or is it good for a full body workout 3 days a week?

Columbus is offline Anabolic Member
    Squat-s do 2 warm up sets of 5 then 2 max effort sets of 10 to failure follow it up with pullovers to expand the ribcage.

High pulls – The movement will add size to your whole back as well as hamstring, glutes, biceps and even calves as you must get up on your toes at the completion of the pull.
    Do not lower the bar to the floor instead pull from an inch below the knees of the hang position. Very few trainees do any type of pulling exercises these days. That is sad because pulling heavy weights defiantly pays off with a big, broad, powerful back.

Bench- do 2-3 warm ups sets then 2 work sets

Undergip Pulldowns – Mike Mentzer said that curl grip pulldowns were the best exercise you could do for your biceps. It was my main bicep exercise when my arms measured 21 ¾ inches.

Shoulder Press- Do in front of behind or alternating as in a Bradford press

Crunches – 2 sets of 25

Thanks for the reply C, but this isnt really what I am asking. I am more wondering about the pros/cons to a full body workout 3 days a week as apposed to hitting each muscle group once a weak in a 3 day routine.

Also, I doubt I could squat 3 times a week without seriously overtraining if I were to include that into my full body workout.

sonar1234 is offline Banned
    I am a big fan of full body workout, combined with a low carb diet and carb up it can do wonders.

Ultimate diet 2.0 is just awsome and custom made for the natural bodybuilder.

Thanks for the reply sonar.

How did the sample workout routine for my full body workout look? Am I hitting each muscle group enough or should I add/drop something? I plan on doing this routine 3 days a week.

ghostdog128 is offline Junior Member
    I don't believe in hitting a muscle only once a week.. I personally can't see how guys grow off of it.. I think twice a week is best but three times is fine as long as you don't go to failure. try this.. it will hit pretty much everything
    A workout
    dips
    deads
    Military press
    leg curls
    curls
    calves

B
    bench
    chins
    mil press
    squats
    triceps
    forearms

Superhuman is offline Banned
    where is back??

Ahh must have missed it in the copy paste, let me fix that up.

Chest
    bb bench 3 sets
    bb incline 3 sets

Shoulders
    seated military press 3 sets

Legs
    leg press 3 sets
    leg curls 3 sets

Tris
    tricep pushdown 3 sets

Bis