Thread: No gains!!!

bjdavis666 is offline New Member

No gains!!!

I have been working out pretty religiously for the past couple years. Like everyone else, i had huge gains at first then steadily began to slowdown. Now it seems like I am making no gains at all. It doesnt seem to matter what I do, i just cant get the weight up. I work out about three times a week, doing some cardio in between, and I am constanly changing my routine. 27 years old, 5-7 180, Max bench is 285. Any suggestions to iimprove my performance?

HSFootball is offline Associate Member
    Well how is your diet? Are you getting enough rest for each muscle to repair itself? We need more information.

passthetest is offline Member
    what percent bf are you? daily calorie intake?

Tbone1975 is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bjdavis666
    I have been working out pretty religiously for the past couple years. Like everyone else, i had huge gains at first then steadily began to slowdown. Now it seems like I am making no gains at all. It doesnt seem to matter what I do, i just cant get the weight up. I work out about three times a week, doing some cardio in between, and I am constanly changing my routine. 27 years old, 5-7 180, Max bench is 285. Any suggestions to iimprove my performance?

That happens, but, you should still be making gains. I think there's alot of truth to the saying, "You're either cutting, or you're bulking." IMO, you have to consume a lot of calories to gain that muscle, with plenty of protein in that diet. You can take as many steroids as you want, etc, but if you're not eating enough calories, you won't gain jack sh*t. You don't need to go crazy and be a fat sh*t, but eat up.......if that's what you want to do is gain strength and muscle. I'll tell you the truth, when I was stationed in Germany, I was eating a lot of protein, with quite a bit of food, and pounding beer every damn night cause it was just that good LOL. I was natural at the time, and my strength was really starting to shoot up.

bjdavis666 is offline New Member
    My diet varies day by day. I am getting around 2500 cals, probably not near enough. Eating a lot of cottage cheese, boiled eggs, baked potatoes, veges, chicken breast, and tuna. Very rarely eat junk food like mcd's or anything. Workout routine isnt real specific because I try to vary it so much. Generally it is upper body one night , legs and cardio the next. Usually do that 3-4 nights a week. Not exactly sure what my bf is. Have a bathroom scale that checks it at 15 but am not sure how accurate that is. I definately have some extra belly fat that I need to get rid of.

Thread Information