Thread: Right Pec

K.Biz is offline Banned

Right Pec

My right pec is lacking hardcore. and i cant get them to even out. i had this problem with my biceps a while back as well but they finally even'd out. but not with my chest. the left side just keep growing bigger then the right. and its starting to be very noticable. and it makes no sense because my right side is my dominante side.. anyway and help would be appreictaed

BigJames is offline Senior Member
    I have heard of situations where the right side appears smaller because the nervous system on that side is more effective and therefore the muscle can perform more work with less mass.

I would suggest adding some unilateral movements to your chest training to try and bring it up. Do one arm dumbbell presses (lay on the bench with a dumbbell in each hand for balance and do extra reps for the right side). Or unilateral hammer strength presses.

Good Luck.

K.Biz is offline Banned
    thanks bro. ill give that a try

jbarkley is offline Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BigJames
    I have heard of situations where the right side appears smaller because the nervous system on that side is more effective and therefore the muscle can perform more work with less mass.

I would suggest adding some unilateral movements to your chest training to try and bring it up. Do one arm dumbbell presses (lay on the bench with a dumbbell in each hand for balance and do extra reps for the right side). Or unilateral hammer strength presses.

Good Luck.
    Good Advise!!!

bigmike8585 is offline Junior Member
    i have the exact same problem....im currently working on it and one arm smith machine on a flat bench seems to be helping it the best, give it a shot and see what happens

worldpower is offline Associate Member
    certain forms of scoliosis can cause one side of the chest to appear to be slanted or lower than the others.. this is due to a twist or torsion in the mid back.. if youlay down and look at your chest you might see one pec higher than the other or if you run your hand across the chest you may actually feel the sternum turned upwards on one side.. again.. it is torsion in the spine.. one shoulder may be rolled forward compared to the other.. known as a "skewed physique".. some of it may be by muscle imbalances that have never been dealt with.. see a sports medicine therapist or see a sports medicine doc .

boostedevo8 is offline Associate Member
    dumbells is the best way to get muscle pretty even...

when using a bar its very easy for one side to over power the other with out you noticing till you see a size diffrence.....

I had that problem on my bicep ....

Renesis is offline Anabolic Member
    I highly doubt it has anything to do with the torsion from his spine. I have been to many doctors and don't have any back problems yet my right pec is much smaller than my left pec, definitely noticeable. Then again thats how I always have been since I was a kid.

Thread Information