Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Tighening up mid section!

I have always had trouble with my abs/mid section. This is the only place I store fat. I naturally have a wider waist and a long torso (think Jay cutler) but I can't seem to make my abs shine like I want. I have tried high reps, low reps, weighted and pretty much everything in between.

Any workouts, to destroy my abs and help their development would be appreciated.

Also, is my definition simply attributed to the fact that this is the only place that I store fat? DAMNNNNNN.
    Last edited by Growingpains; 04-30-2007 at 10:56 PM.

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    Your not going to lose the fat in that area by only doing ab excersises, you need to do cardio, ab excersises will build muscle not burn fat.

Quote Originally Posted by Testsubject
    Your not going to lose the fat in that area by only doing ab excersises, you need to do cardio, ab excersises will build muscle not burn fat.
    Clearly, you can not spot reduce fat.

I have heard though that to tighten up some will use high reps, others will use heavy weight. I am trying to find a better ab work out.

Testsubject is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Growingpains
    Clearly, you can not spot reduce fat.

I have heard though that to tighten up some will use high reps, others will use heavy weight. I am trying to find a better ab work out.
    Ok, well my ab routine always consists of high reps, usually no less than 25 reps, all excersises will work bro, you just need to switch them up in order to hit the upper, lower, or middle section of your abs, but deff. high reps, low rep I find to be much to hard on my lower back.

boarder034 is offline Member
    Well from my experience if i use weight, i actually see results... the only downfall is that my lower back begins to hurt. Now im not sure if its because of my form maybe all this time ive been doing them wrong, but this is outta personal experience. So i do a combination...one set of High weight low reps...next set no weight high reps. This allows me to benefit from both...(if this actually works) Im no arnold schwarzenager but i think my abs are pretty defined for 10%

DSM4Life is offline Snook~ AR Lounge Monitor
    Blog Entries
    One word: Diet

Thread Information