Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    cmillett is offline Member
    Have you put the Boss shirt on yet Doc ? After talking too Ken Anderson on the phone about one a few mnths back , I bellieve I would nee atleast another 50lbs. on my bench too be able too handle the carry over.
    Be sure too let me know what you think about the Boss shirt after you use it,even though it might be a little big on you

scottish is offline Associate Member
    I'd give my left nut to go to the bunny ranch.. I cant give my right one, cuz Im right nutted..

Doc.Sust is offline Retired "hall of famer/elite powerlifter"
    Quote Originally Posted by cmillett
    Have you put the Boss shirt on yet Doc ? After talking too Ken Anderson on the phone about one a few mnths back , I bellieve I would nee atleast another 50lbs. on my bench too be able too handle the carry over.
    Be sure too let me know what you think about the Boss shirt after you use it,even though it might be a little big on you
    not yet. still waiting. maybe today, do you know if ken anderson has boss shits with the new nxg super plus material? tian are ASSHOLES about the boss shirt, i have called them several times and they always told me they didnt make a boss shirt, that they gave a few prototypes to sponsored lifters and that is it. if you know if titan is finaly selling the boss shirts to the general public. let me know

Quote Originally Posted by scottish
    I'd give my left nut to go to the bunny ranch.. I cant give my right one, cuz Im right nutted..
    i am sure there has to be a brothel closer to you than the bunny ranch, you just have to look a little harder

Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    not yet. still waiting. maybe today, do you know if ken anderson has boss shits with the new nxg super plus material? tian are ASSHOLES about the boss shirt, i have called them several times and they always told me they didnt make a boss shirt, that they gave a few prototypes to sponsored lifters and that is it. if you know if titan is finaly selling the boss shirts to the general public. let me know
    Ken Anderson
    808 Kossman Dr.
    Denton, TX 76208
    Office # 940-382-4050
    Email: [email protected]
    Web: www.andersonpowerlifting.com

Give him a holar,and let me know what he has too say.He's one of the nicest most helpfull person I've yet too talk too about the equipment.Be sure too tell him about yourself and your PL history,stats and all,And I'm pretty sure he will jump on this too help you in any way he can,BTW he ahs one of the fastest turn arounds I've seen .

Ken Anderson
    808 Kossman Dr.
    Denton, TX 76208
    Office # 940-382-4050
    Email: [email protected]
    Web: www.andersonpowerlifting.com

Give him a holar,and let me know what he has too say.He's one of the nicest most helpfull person I've yet too talk too about the equipment.Be sure too tell him about yourself and your PL history,stats and all,And I'm pretty sure he will jump on this too help you in any way he can,BTW he ahs one of the fastest turn arounds I've seen .
    i got a single ply katana from him when they first came out (when i was doing single ply meets) turn around time was 1 wk!!! titan the company blows,if you order directly from them you wait at least 8 wk. pete(who owns titan)is a dick. i cant figure out why their customer service sucks so bad. if you ask them to make a custom product for you, thye get all pissy, and 9 out of 10 times they wont do it for you. inzer products are not my favorite, but john will do ANY custom thing you ask for, and the turn around time is very quick.

i have been looking at the metal pro bash shirt, maybe my next choice, so far, i love all my metal gear, i know one guy who has the older shirt and loves it.this maybe the way to go.

boss shirt came in, ididnt see it yet, my girlfriend has it at work, so i will see it soon and give you an update

9/25

press workout

loose boss shirt 500 fro 1 reps! got my opener!

katan shirt
    550-1 no touch
    585-1 no touch easy lock out
    585 dumped the weight on my stomach because i was trying anything to touch, but no good. strained my back, stoped here. i am DONE working in the shirt, i have done more work than i would normaly ever do in a shirt because i couldnt touch. i also riped the grid stitching in the katan shirt, hopefully this will allow me to touch a little more easily.

meet attempts will look like this

500 opener, boss shirt

2nd attempt 600, katana

3rd ??? will have to see how the 2nd goes,

9/25

press workout

loose boss shirt 500 for 1 rep! it touched so now i have my opener!

katan shirt
    550-1 no touch
    585-1 no touch easy lock out
    585 dumped the weight on my stomach because i was trying anything to touch, but no good. strained my back, stoped here. i am DONE working in the shirt, i have done more work than i would normaly ever do in a shirt because i couldnt touch. i also riped the grid stitching in the katan shirt, hopefully this will allow me to touch a little more easily.

meet attempts will look like this

500 opener, boss shirt

2nd attempt 600, katana

3rd ??? will have to see how the 2nd goes,

gotcha opener

How did 500 come up with the boss,Did you have too work for it or do you still have some gas left in the tank ?

Oh BTW,what did your carry over look like in the single ply Katana ? just curious,I've never put a single ply on before,thats why I asked.

Oh BTW,what did your carry over look like in the single ply Katana ? just curious,I've never put a single ply on before,thats why I asked.
    i didnt use a single, it was my same old double Katana.i did take out the gird sticich after the workout, it is still double ply, just now , you can feel both layers since they arent sewn together, this should give me a little less suport, i am going to thorw on the shirt on friday, to see if removing the grid did any good. i have used a single before. i was getting about 150lbs out of it

gotcha opener

How did 500 come up with the boss,Did you have too work for it or do you still have some gas left in the tank ?
    it came off the chest fine,but the tricep lock was a little more me than it should be., the shirt is just to big, the chest plate is about 1 inch more than it should be and the sleeves are about a half inch to loose. the shirt would fit a 220 to a 242 lifter. i think the boss would be a real good shirt, easy grove, very springy off the bottom, and considering how loose it was, it did give me a good ammt of tri support.

Good,let me have it LOL,J/K

The reason I asked about the single ply Katana,was that I remeber you getting one a while back.I was considering to get one too see how the groove and carry over was.The problem I have with shirts is that I have extremely long arms for my height,I'm 5'7'' with a 74" reach,so even with a big arch ,my elbows are still deeper in the hole than someone of equal height.So thats why I'm considering on a shirt that fits a little tighter,and lets me get into the hole with atleast 500.Right now my raw is in the low 400's(405-425).and my best ever out of my 2ply katana is 525 (in the gym).I just dont get any stretch or ROM out of the shirt at all,and what little I do is due too my long arms.So hopefully you can see my problems with a shirt,I have too get one a little bigger than most just too get too touch,in turn,I run out of support on the way back up due too the shirt being a tad too big.
    I'm just genetically fvucked for shirted benching,should have stayed with boxing.

Good,let me have it LOL,J/K

The reason I asked about the single ply Katana,was that I remeber you getting one a while back.I was considering to get one too see how the groove and carry over was.The problem I have with shirts is that I have extremely long arms for my height,I'm 5'7'' with a 74" reach,so even with a big arch ,my elbows are still deeper in the hole than someone of equal height.So thats why I'm considering on a shirt that fits a little tighter,and lets me get into the hole with atleast 500.Right now my raw is in the low 400's(405-425).and my best ever out of my 2ply katana is 525 (in the gym).I just dont get any stretch or ROM out of the shirt at all,and what little I do is due too my long arms.So hopefully you can see my problems with a shirt,I have too get one a little bigger than most just too get too touch,in turn,I run out of support on the way back up due too the shirt being a tad too big.
    I'm just genetically fvucked for shirted benching,should have stayed with boxing.
    here is what i would do, i would get a custom double shirt with a losser chest plate and tighter arms.that should help. i bet that crazy super phenom would work for you, shirt is easy to touch in and has alot of spring and tri support. i dont know waht inzer charges the general public for the shirt, but i know it is expensive

akh 1985 is offline Junior Member
    im glad you found your opener. i know its not what you wanted but you still get two aattempts to try and touch something in your katana

Quote Originally Posted by akh 1985
    im glad you found your opener. i know its not what you wanted but you still get two aattempts to try and touch something in your katana
    i think i willhit 600 at the meet, i through on the shirt again today, without the grid stitching,it makes it alot easier to get closer to the chest

9/28

few sets of raw warm ups

shirt work-
    550 2 sets of 1, stoped here, triceps are severly bruised and shot, didnt touch, but i felt really good, i a, 90%certain i can touch with more weight.

speed presses 30 sec breaks 225 with various grips
    6 sets of 3

raw 2board,3 board, 4 board, done with 3 second breaks betwn boards
    405 for 9 total reps
    done

9/28
    squat with suit
    warmups.....etc etc

705-1

one more session on the deadlift, and i am done training until the meet. no auxillary work will be done

Good luck bro

thanks buddy!

akh 1985 is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc.Sust
    i think i willhit 600 at the meet, i through on the shirt again today, without the grid stitching,it makes it alot easier to get closer to the chest

9/28

few sets of raw warm ups

shirt work-
    550 2 sets of 1, stoped here, triceps are severly bruised and shot, didnt touch, but i felt really good, i a, 90%certain i can touch with more weight.

speed presses 30 sec breaks 225 with various grips
    6 sets of 3

raw 2board,3 board, 4 board, done with 3 second breaks betwn boards
    405 for 9 total reps
    done
    im happy your equpment issue is coming together

your gonna do great!

Quote Originally Posted by akh 1985
    im happy your equpment issue is coming together

your gonna do great!
    thanks, i am glad too, the shirt is my katana shirt is the only issue. we will see what happens at the meet, the damn shirt bruised my entire tricep, it looks like i tore it, the inside of my entire arm is black and blue.

Doc ,ygpm brother

oct 2nd
    deadlift

FINAL TRAINING DAY!!

225-1
    315-1
    405-1
    495-1

well ready to rock and roll.
    squat- is on

press- shirt problems, but manageable.may try a whole new shirt on meet day

deadlift -is on

wish me luck on oct 13th. thanks for the support guys. i will let you know how i did

go kick some azzzzzzzzz brother !!!!!!!!!!
    wish i could be there too hand the bar too ya !

thankscmillett, meet is on Sat.iwilllet you know how it works out

Drive is offline New Member
    good luck!!!!

TR'05 is offline Member
    GL, Doc!! 2000 FTW.

Game day Doc,hope all is going well

Dood luck Doc..

TR'05 is offline Member
    Looking forward to any updates when you have time, Doc. Hope it went well!

well i hat to let you down, it went like crap!

squats 700-miss

press

550-used metal viking MISS
    550-used super phenom MISS
    600- katan, i finaly touched, but i had no tri strengthe left

bombed out of the meet

yes i am happy with the squat, and if you read the training journal, you all know i had ALOT of shirt problems,so i kind of saw this coming. well, i am getting rid of all my new shirts, i am making a trade to get my old shiert back that i did 575 in, and i am going to stick with that shirt. i learned a good lesson, a tighter shirt with too many modifications isnt always a good thing.

taking 2 wks off from training,rest and relax, stop supplements for a few months and get back to the drawing board

Doc ,you gave it your best considering the bench issues,you didnt let us down by any means and there will be other meets =)
    I hear you on the shirts with too many modifications,thats what I think about the katana,it has SOOOOOOOO much support and a hard too find groove.
    What shirt are you going back too ? I'm probably going too go back too the rage X 2ply (those shirts AKWAYS gave me a good pop off the chest),but I would like too try a tight single pl Katana 1st. Or maybe even the phenom you suggested too me.

Spring isnt too far away Doc,I'm pretty sure youll be making your goal lifts by then bro ! Train hard and smart bro

TR'05 is offline Member
    Sorry to hear it didn't go as well as you'd hoped, Doc. Enjoy the time off...nothing like a little recharge then back to training.

Quote Originally Posted by TR'05
    Sorry to hear it didn't go as well as you'd hoped, Doc. Enjoy the time off...nothing like a little recharge then back to training.
    thanks man, i appreciate it

Doc ,you gave it your best considering the bench issues,you didnt let us down by any means and there will be other meets =)
    I hear you on the shirts with too many modifications,thats what I think about the katana,it has SOOOOOOOO much support and a hard too find groove.
    What shirt are you going back too ? I'm probably going too go back too the rage X 2ply (those shirts AKWAYS gave me a good pop off the chest),but I would like too try a tight single pl Katana 1st. Or maybe even the phenom you suggested too me.

Spring isnt too far away Doc,I'm pretty sure youll be making your goal lifts by then bro ! Train hard and smart bro
    stay away from the super phenom, i didnt like it, my friends love the super phenom, but i hated it. i am going to trade back to my original double f6, i am in the process of making a deal for it now, i also am going to get a 48 katana, one size bigger, not options, no grid stitch, just a stock shirt and see if i can work it in. was your katana grid stitched? i cant remember

Yes it is grid stitched,and I will stay away from the super phenom.I've never had the chance too try an F6 yet.Might have too one day.

Yes it is grid stitched,and I will stay away from the super phenom.I've never had the chance too try an F6 yet.Might have too one day.
    the f6 is like that katan with a little less support, it is alot easier to touch

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread Information