Thread: Stretching

Rugger02 is offline Anabolic Member

Stretching

Hey guys- Just wondering if you have any specific and/or special stretching you do before or after working out. I've always been told that stretching was a very important part of my work-out, and I always stretch, but I wonder if I'm missing anything. Ever since High-School football, wrestling, and then in college Rugby I went with the BFS flexibility/plyometrics program... I don't know it seemed pretty comprehensive, but now I just feel it's a little dated, since it's designed for "high-school athletes" any thoughts on this?

number twelve is offline All Natty...Kinda~Winning Member Transformation Contest!
    if i remember correctly (my coach held a BFS clinic) the program calls for stretching at lengths of 30 second intervals. From what i have come to learn, that is not the best thing to do before you workout, but its good after you get out of the shower or before you go to bed. just my .02

RANA is offline 100% American Beef
    Blog Entries
    I like to warm up with light weights, then I start lifting. I don't like to stretch cold muscles. During my workout I stretch my muscles in-between sets. Upon completing my workout I always stretch (very very important).

tri-athlete is offline Junior Member
    im not a big fan of stretching because it can be dangerous, but if you do stretch do it after your lift/b4 u do cardio.

Thread Information