Hi Guys,

I'm new to the site (its great by the way) and also to training and wanted to get some views on the best way to start off.

I joined the gym last week and have just been pottering around getting used to the stuff in the gym and the different types of workouts and movements etc.

My goals are to gain size and strength with emphasis on the size to start off.

Now i feel i know roughly what im doing with the equipment and wanted to know the best way of starting a programme.
I have read a few different things on here about 3 day workouts and 5 day splits now from what ive read i think the 3 day would be better for a complete newbie like myself to start off on ? would you say that was correct ? or should i pile straight in on the 5 day split routine with somthing like "The slingshot training system"

I am 23, 5 8" and weigh exactly 10 stone.
i am just in the process of getting a diet sorted out and will have that posted in the next week to be looked at.

I do not intend on doing any sort of steroid for quite some time untill i am completly happy that i have reached my natural limits and im confident i know what im doing.
i will be using creatine, whey protein etc but for now thats as far as the supps will go.

any help would be great and any comments on which routine to start off on would be most helpful.
all the best,

jim..