NOSUPERMODEL is offline Member

Looking for a workout to drop fat but maintain my muscle

I am currently on TRT at 200mg Test Cyp a week. I am rally lifting heavy right now as I am shooting for a goal of 405 on the bench by the end of this month. I am 6'0" 255lbs. I am about 20%BF..last time I checked it. I was wanting to hit my goal by the end of the month then start cutting body fat in order to do a blast the first of January. I would like to drop about 20-25 lbs of fat but not lose muscle. I am currently doing a low/high carb rotation. Two days low..1 day high.

Is there a workout that would help me out with this. I was thinking maybe do something like this....Sprint for 1 minute, do set of push ups, sprint for one minute, do bicep curl, sprint for one minute, so tricep extensions....so on until I hit every body part. Then repeat it once more or even twice. Do this 5 times a week? My thoughts are on this is I hate cardio so it would break up the 20-30 minutes of being on the treadmill or stair climber.

Or should I just lift low weight/high reps and do HITT after training?

Or should I lift heavy/low reps and do HITT after training?

Any opinions would be appreciated. I started thinking about doing something different after watching the Crossfit games last night. Of course I could never be as lean as those guys, but I would like to be leaner than what I am. The lowest I have ever been is 225 and that was two years ago. But I have alot more muscle now than I did back then. I went from 270 to 225 in 6 months. I think my trainer just wanted me to lose scale weight so he didn't care if it was fat or muscle.

So any help guys I would appreciate it.

Kind of looking for something different, but have no idea.

Bump. Just a little help guys.

smallnutz is offline Banned
    I'm a personal trainer and have a lot of experience with ppl going on stage. First I would definitely watch out for your slow digesting and starchy carbs such as breads, pastas, rice, and bread try to consume mostly vegetables and maybe once in a while in morning or afternoon throw in a starchy carb depending on energy level. Regardless if your gonna cut for show your gonna lose a little muscle but not much if your consuming alot of protein at least your body weight plus extra. The closer u get to show u wanna switch to test prop and add some Eq maybe even Winny . Prop will help body retain less water. I also recommend light weight high reps 30-45 seconds rest between sets. No sodium or sugar obviously including fruit. I don't recommend hit cardio . Jus a mild incline walk for 45min keeping heart rate at range where it will take fat for energy and not muscle. Stick with lean protein . Fish , Chkn, turkey. No red meat and no white carbs. This is my suggestion I hope u get something from it

Thank you for the response. Not looking to get on show by no means, but I am sure same philosophy applies to the guy who just wants to look good with his shirt off.

Are total body workouts and cardio the best way to lose fat and maintain muscle? Or should I just keep the same split I have , but do lighter weights and higher reps? Do I need to lift everyday or maybe just every other day and do cardio everyday?

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    You should look into carb cycling... it's a great way to drop bodyfat and maintain (even gain in some instances) LBM. It has worked well for me.

smallnutz is offline Banned
    I would stay with split give muscles time to heal and recover

Thread Information