ninjazx14 is offline Associate Member

help on my workout plan

Im 6'4 300lbs 26% body fat. im trying to cut my weight down and BF before i go to the army in 2-3 months.

im working on my 6 meal plan right now. when should i work out to burn the most fat.

i do 1 hour of cardio and i want to do weights but im not sure what weights i should be doing.

also should i do my cardio in the morning on a empty stomach to burn the most weight.

Gym Freak is offline Junior Member
    Cardio on an empty stomach in the morning is the way to go 3-5 times a week. If you are really motivated then you can do two a day sessions. Just progressively work your time and or length of running up week by week. As far as weight just start off with a circuit training routine, and as you get more comfortable then start changing things up a bit. That's a bit basic but hey it's a start.

ok if i want to loose BF fast i should stick to a 6 meal a day plan and do cardio twice a day. how is once at 6am on E then when i get home have meal one. then 1-2 hours after meal 5 i do 1 more hour of cardio then come home and eat meal 6. that will burn the BF the fastest right.

Gym Freak is offline Junior Member
    Theoretically yes. But the question is what are you meal choices going to be for those 6 given meals?

916casanova is offline Associate Member
    IMO I would do some circuit training to add some lean muscle mass. Adding 1 lb of lean muscle burns like an extra 70 calories per lb you add. Add 5 lbs of lean muscle you will burn and extra 350 calories a day. Do your circuits then hit your cardio right after is what I would do. Then hit cardio again later in the day to get that afterburn of calories to happen twice a day.

jc95605 is offline Senior Member
    I was in the army and i'm telling you, you have to get your bf% down! Your going to be doing alot of running you might as well get used to it.

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Here is some more advice... Do runs, push-ups, and sit-ups (core). Weight train secondary to that.

I am talking as if you have never ran... start off running 1 mile everyday.. doesn't matter time. then go to 2 miles non-stop... then do 3 miles non-stop.. then get to 4 miles if you can.... then go back and time yourself on 2 mile run... get your time to at least a 15 min mile before you go in. If you do this you will get ahead of the game. Also, if you get to 4 miles frequently you will lose your weight. don't worry about losing muscle... it won't matter once you go in any way..

To do this in a 2-3 month time frame you will really have to push it... if you start running short, then cut the 4 miles out of it and focus on the timed runs..

i can do a 15 min mile right now.

rockinred is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjazx14 View Post
    i can do a 15 min mile right now.
    shave it down as far as possible then.

Thread Information