yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member

Unhappy Benefits of resting 30 seconds between sets

Right now i am injured and going into PT, my PT told me to go slow on weight training so i cant lift really heavy weights.

Are there any benefits of using moderate weights and resting less between sets.

Also i try to get my workout which is a total body workout done in 30 minutes.

My main goal is to shed of 20 pounds, of course my diet is on course has well.

And i can do intense cardio either the only thing i can do right now is stationnary bike and swimming.

MFT81 is offline Senior Member
    Yeah, deff. A shorter rest period will deff tax both anaerobic and aerobic (to a degree) energy systems which will in a way help burn a little extra bf.

plus using a tad lighter weight with more reps increases your body's production of lactic acid which is a green light for HGH, a big time natural fat burner.

I would still try to split up your muscle groups instead of full body but you'll have to do what is avalible.......

yannick35 is offline Anabolic Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MFT81 View Post
    Yeah, deff. A shorter rest period will deff tax both anaerobic and aerobic (to a degree) energy systems which will in a way help burn a little extra bf.

plus using a tad lighter weight with more reps increases your body's production of lactic acid which is a green light for HGH, a big time natural fat burner.

I would still try to split up your muscle groups instead of full body but you'll have to do what is avalible.......
    Thanks a million MFT81, i still have to see what i can and what i cant do, of course if it was me i would be on the 8 X 8 by Vince Gironda which is amazing.

But my body is so freaken weak right now that the only thing i can manage is a full body workout with moderate weights.

bmit is offline Member
    I did the rest 30 seconds method and wan't impressed. Didn't really help to burn that much fat and it is hard to gain mass just resting for 30 seconds between sets. If cutting would rather go heavier with longer rests between sets and do cardio

harrydunn69 is offline New Member
    if you are rehabbing an injury definetly do lighter weights with less rest time, you don't want to go too heavy and reinjure whatever you had wrong with you. im not a fan of the full body workout, mix in some supersets with whatever you are doing.

Ronnie Rowland is offline Author of Functional Training with a Fork
    Blog Entries

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by MFT81 View Post

Great post!

Also keep in mind that moving rapidly between sets to obtain a metabolic workout can create a bad pain (burning of the muscle/joint).

I have found that higher reps (15-20) with 2 minutes rest between sets works best for rehab given you stop 2 reps shy of failure.
    Last edited by Ronnie Rowland; 07-17-2008 at 09:35 PM.

Thread Information