Thread: Cardio for abs

gettingthere is offline Senior Member

Cardio for abs

Lately iv been putting on some weight and it has added some good size to my arms and chest, now i want to shape up a little but not lose my gains. mainly i want my abs to show as they never have, iv only recently started working them again but i really need to start doing cardio as i harly ever do it.

Cardio for abs is best on an empty stomach im told? but there is no need to reduce my food intake so i dont lose size? is this right?

Also what sort of cardio is best for what i want?

Thanks for any replies guys

ckyass is offline Associate Member
    well you said youve put on size, so that means the calories your consuming now are higher then maintaince cals...which means if you add cardio it might lower it enough to maintain your bodyweight but might not be enough to start the fat burning process. You should begin adding cardio into your routine for a few weeks and keep calories the same then slowly begin to lower until you see fat loss

xnotoriousx is offline Anabolic Member
    Just do 30 minutes of cardio on the AM and then do another 30 minutes pwo.

You should see your abs in time. If you have been gaining alot of fat on top of muscle, then go ahead and cut your fat and carbs down some (20% or so on each)

Thread Information