robert thomas is offline New Member

heres pics of my my chest im trying to shape it any ideas

im 6 foot weight about 231pounds

im off season at the moment

my normall chest routien concests of

3sets of incline smith machine press 8 to 10reps
    3sets of declince smith machine press 8 to 10reps
    3sets of flat either smith or normall bar press 8 to 10 reps
    i also do flys about 14kg to 16kg dumbells nornorlly 2 sets of 10 to 12 of each incline flat and decline

anther tym i go in and do flys 1st then presses

anther tym i use all dumbells and use cables for flys too

but it never seems to shape i really dont want to give my identy away because im ashamed of my chest please look at my pics and see what you think and if i need to concentrate on incline more or decline or flat or flys

thanks for any help
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails heres pics of my my chest im trying to shape it any ideas-gt.jpg   heres pics of my my chest im trying to shape it any ideas-jo.jpg   heres pics of my my chest im trying to shape it any ideas-me.jpg   heres pics of my my chest im trying to shape it any ideas-rober.jpg   heres pics of my my chest im trying to shape it any ideas-rob-2.jpg  

heres the last of my pics tryed getting as many angles as i could any help apperated thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails heres pics of my my chest im trying to shape it any ideas-securedownload.jpg   heres pics of my my chest im trying to shape it any ideas-rob-3.jpg   heres pics of my my chest im trying to shape it any ideas-rob-4.jpg   heres pics of my my chest im trying to shape it any ideas-robert.jpg  

SilverTest is offline Senior Member
    sorry bro , you can never change the shape of a muscle .

nothing wrong with your chest muscles bro . not everyone's chest will look like arnolds.

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    I'll move this thread as well, you're 2 for 2...

i got the line at the top of the pec and wen i look down at the middle it goes thinker but wider apart so middle of my chest is flat and then goes bulky to the side and most bulky by the nipple area but wen i stand up i cant see my nipples and they dont bounce or sag lol when the nipples are are hard then they look better but i got the fleeling my nipple should be abit wider apart and dwn abit more than they are?

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    I'll move this thread as well, you're 2 for 2...
    what do you mean?

Big
    Big is offline Retired~ AR-Hall of Famer ~ "Enforcer"
    The board is divided into sections, you will get a better response by posting in the appropriate sections.

Quote Originally Posted by Big View Post
    The board is divided into sections, you will get a better response by posting in the appropriate sections.
    i realsied after i replyied back to you thanks

Reed is offline AR's Pitbull ~Vet~
    Your workout routine looks good, just maybe give it a little more time. You want a incline and decline movement. Switching up exercises or lowering the angle of the incline, instead of the standard 45 degree angle go down to 30 which will involve more chest

It could depend on how your doing your reps as well. Don't take it like I'm saying you are just check it. Instead of moving heavy weight or bouncing the bar around like a football player try slowing the movement down and focus on the contraction,

Bring the bar down slower ALL the way to the chest and then power up. Be less about the overall weight you are moving and more about working out your chest muscle.

For me its hard to keep my front delt as little as possible out the movement and once I go TOO heavy I tend to put more stress through the front delts and triceps then in my chest

I did this myself, dropped the weight, still went heavy just focused on a slower form so I KNEW I was maximizing my chest workout and guess what.... it grew

Mind/muscle connection.....

eatrainrest is offline AR's Personal Trainer
    Quote Originally Posted by Reed View Post
    Your workout routine looks good, just maybe give it a little more time. You want a incline and decline movement. Switching up exercises or lowering the angle of the incline, instead of the standard 45 degree angle go down to 30 which will involve more chest

It could depend on how your doing your reps as well. Don't take it like I'm saying you are just check it. Instead of moving heavy weight or bouncing the bar around like a football player try slowing the movement down and focus on the contraction,

Bring the bar down slower ALL the way to the chest and then power up. Be less about the overall weight you are moving and more about working out your chest muscle.

For me its hard to keep my front delt as little as possible out the movement and once I go TOO heavy I tend to put more stress through the front delts and triceps then in my chest

I did this myself, dropped the weight, still went heavy just focused on a slower form so I KNEW I was maximizing my chest workout and guess what.... it grew

Mind/muscle connection.....
    yayp

ive chucked that in before but never focused training on chest like that so i try it, its called pre exhaust in it

MACKATTACK is offline EAT, TRAIN, REST
    Hit a couple machines for chest which will help with definition.

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by MACKATTACK View Post
    Hit a couple machines for chest which will help with definition.
    The ONLY way you getter better definition is to get leaner. Using a machine for this purpose will not result in any further definition.

Darksyde is offline Member
    definition is a function of bodyfat. i do not agree with the theory that you can isolate the inner upper outer lower parts of your chest with an exercise.
    add mass and lower bf.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    Your overall chest development looks good, but losing some bodyfat is usually the trick to getting a better looking chest. Once that stomach gets flatter, your chest will start to hang over, and look like a shelf.

Quote Originally Posted by robert thomas View Post
    ive chucked that in before but never focused training on chest like that so i try it, its called pre exhaust in it
    No I'm talking about focusing more in on your chest during the exercise. Nothing to do with pre exhaustion. By taking the bar down slower and all the way you are able to get a better stretch (fascia stretching) and thus as you power up get a better contraction.

Putting less focus on the weights you move is strictly a ego check at the gym. You seem to want to have a bodybuilders physique well you have to train like one in order to grow and become one. Powerlifters have a different rep scheme, we are practically craving our bodies through correct form vs. overall weight moved.

Check into Mike Mentzer HIT training, watch videos like Mike Mentzers training vid on HIT right before he died, or "A Week in the Dungeon" w/ Mark Dugdale and Dorian Yates is a great one. Read books on bodybuilder training techniques and starting learning as most people don't know as much about training as they think they do.

I think a lot of people got messed up watching Ronnie vids and thinking its all about heavy heavy weight slinging shit around, granted it is about going heavy as a bigger muscle IMO is a stronger muscle but you can benefit much better from proper form and techniques implemented in your routine. Also the thing is with training, and dieting and everything else as you should know is about what works for you.

Its a learning process to get there so try different things out, learn etc. You go about it smart your results will speak for themselves, you go through the motions and you may be asking yourself whats wrong.
    Last edited by Reed; 06-22-2009 at 03:56 PM.

kaptainkeezy04 is offline Anabolic Member
    No I'm talking about focusing more in on your chest during the exercise. Nothing to do with pre exhaustion. By taking the bar down slower and all the way you are able to get a better stretch (fascia stretching) and thus as you power up get a better contraction.

Putting less focus on the weights you move is strictly a ego check at the gym. You seem to want to have a bodybuilders physique well you have to train like one in order to grow and become one. Powerlifters have a different rep scheme, we are practically craving our bodies through correct form vs. overall weight moved.

Check into Mike Mentzer HIT training, watch videos like Mike Mentzers training vid on HIT right before he died, or "A Week in the Dungeon" w/ Mark Dugdale and Dorian Yates is a great one. Read books on bodybuilder training techniques and starting learning as most people don't know as much about training as they think they do.

I think a lot of people got messed up watching Ronnie vids and thinking its all about heavy heavy weight slinging shit around, granted it is about going heavy as a bigger muscle IMO is a stronger muscle but you can benefit much better from proper form and techniques implemented in your routine. Also the thing is with training, and dieting and everything else as you should know is about what works for you.

Its a learning process to get there so try different things out, learn etc. You go about it smart your results will speak for themselves, you go through the motions and you may be asking yourself whats wrong.
    AMEN!

i try that but to lose fat not muscle is it best to do intervel training like 45 mins on treadmill slow pace 2mins jogging 2mins back to bit slower but at incline the back on flat and quick walk and do few sprints inbetween so the it lowers and speeds up your heart rate?

Quote Originally Posted by robert thomas View Post
    i try that but to lose fat not muscle is it best to do intervel training like 45 mins on treadmill slow pace 2mins jogging 2mins back to bit slower but at incline the back on flat and quick walk and do few sprints inbetween so the it lowers and speeds up your heart rate?
    Your diet and what you eat will have more of an impact on your physique than cardio will.

I just stick to empty stomach morning cardio at a low intensity, pwo cardio low intensity after my glycogen stores have been depleted and eat CLEAN food, especially CLEAN carbs, sweet potatoes should be a mainstay in there. I say if you do a combination of cleaner food, better dialed in diet, proper training techniques you'll get there.

I don't see much benefit in you cutting, build up muscle but do it right, do NOT eat everything in site thinking scale weight equals lean body mass as there is a limited amount of muscle one can put on regardless of drugs or not. Be smart about your dieting protocols as this will make easier and less of a hassle once you want to come down in body fat.

Like I said your willingness to stay smart and continue to learn will benefit you much more than having someone hold your hand or thinking you know everything already. Research EVERYTHING. Your body and bodybuilding is a science and the more you know the better you can be

Haven't really done HIIT cardio or anything like that so I won't comment.

cubnlynx is offline Associate Member
    Make sure you switch incline first one week flat first the next so you get to hit each angle at your freshest

Your diet and what you eat will have more of an impact on your physique than cardio will.
    bingo

I just stick to empty stomach morning cardio at a low intensity, pwo cardio low intensity after my glycogen stores have been depleted and eat CLEAN food, especially CLEAN carbs, sweet potatoes should be a mainstay in there. I say if you do a combination of cleaner food, better dialed in diet, proper training techniques you'll get there.
    bingo
    I don't see much benefit in you cutting, build up muscle but do it right, do NOT eat everything in site thinking scale weight equals lean body mass as there is a limited amount of muscle one can put on regardless of drugs or not. Be smart about your dieting protocols as this will make easier and less of a hassle once you want to come down in body fat.
    bingo

Like I said your willingness to stay smart and continue to learn will benefit you much more than having someone hold your hand or thinking you know everything already. Research EVERYTHING. Your body and bodybuilding is a science and the more you know the better you can be
    bingo

Haven't really done HIIT cardio or anything like that so I won't comment.
    to add about HIT, it should be interval training IMO, as this i believe to be the msot effective method to burning fat. of course, whatever method LOW INTENSITY OR INTERVAL TRAINING(LI interval shoudl be double the high intensity) you shoudl jack up intensity every 2-3 weeks or so to avoid plateuing as the body will ADAPT and tahts what it does.

this link explains my opinion on cardio

To those who dont know

thabeastmaster is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eatrainrest View Post
    this link explains my opinion on cardio

To those who dont know

you should just keep that in your clipboard.....you could right-click ..paste...that about a dozen times a day in here...lol

Quote Originally Posted by thabeastmaster View Post
    you should just keep that in your clipboard.....you could right-click ..paste...that about a dozen times a day in here...lol
    thers a clipboard function here? if so enlighten me on how to use them lol

thanks for all your ideas like i said im off season at the moment so my food as gone down hill alot in past month so my stomach as gone out lol can b fixed quickly but my chest never seems 2 change exspecally in photo number 4 in 1st thread

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"

lee.jones73 is offline Associate Member
    thanks for that twist i be going to try that hopeit works

Thread Information