Stevus is offline New Member

Lat Pulldown form/technique

Is there some benefit I don't know about by using the entire bodies' momentum to lift the stack up? You ARE supposed to do this lift in a slow and controlled manner, right? It seems like everyone at the gym I go to goes through it so fast that their ass almost gets lifted off the seat with the weight of the stack on its way back down. Also, I bring the bar down past my chin to the lower portion of my neck, that's about right, right?

8iron is offline Associate Member
    you right you want a nice controlled motion, if your rocking your bringing in other muscles and momentum into play...at the bottom I hold it for a two second count and squeeze the lat muscles, make sure your elbow are slightly behind your shoulder when you squeeze, this seems to really hit them good for me! Dont watch other people in thye gym, very few do it right..!

redz is offline Knowledgeable Member
    I do 4 different lat pull downs.
    normal
    behind head
    standing angled pull down (I saw some pro's doing this and decided to add it in)
    sitting inclined lat pull down

I find mixing it up on lots of different angles is helping me, my back is responding well to the different angles.

Thread Information