elfin1mf is offline Associate Member

skull crushers tendon

ok so my left elbow started hurting today on my last set of triceps. I was doing skull crushers and had some tendon pain. Any tips on form to prevent this?

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    Quote Originally Posted by elfin1mf View Post
    ok so my left elbow started hurting today on my last set of triceps. I was doing skull crushers and had some tendon pain. Any tips on form to prevent this?
    Dont do skull crushers, they are notoriously hard on the tricep tendons. I love doing them but had to stop years ago for this very reason. Try seated overhead DB extensions instead. They work the long head of the triceps just as good and put much less stress on the elbows.

ye I figured, good advice man thanks.

rmalouf is offline Associate Member
    agreed....i used to kill em skull crushers, n ignored the pain for months...i had to stop em eventually cuz i could bear the pain any more...i still get minor pains on my elbow, but after 6 months, i can finally train my triceps hard...i still have to be careful about my form, cuz any small mistakes n my elbow starts hurtin again....yeah its a great exercise, but it involves a high risk of injury...not worth it imo....it took me a while to realize that..

the main thing is to stop if you feel pain. Once you really exacerbate it, you will never properly heal, in many cases people have re injuries which occur for the rest of their lives. When I was a teen, I ignored it and had to stop for months as well.

Thread Information