Thread: Need DL help...

MotoLifter is offline Senior Member

Need DL help...

I need some help with my deadlifts, my problem is that the first 3-4 inches is increadably difficult guess you would call it my sticking point. the rest of the lift I can explode through and could have much better DL numbers if I could figure out the first part.

So anyone have any ideas or techniques for getting past that first stage?

its fckin depressing when I know I could get alot more up but that first pull is holding me back.

Thanks guys.

Moto

F4iGuy is offline Senior Member
    What helps me is going through a form check (shoulders behind bar, back flat/tight, etc.) before I hit it. Make sure your gut is full of air, breath in deeeep and hold it before exploding up. Also, I make sure theirs no 'slack' before exploding.

How's your lower back? A lot of people have trouble because their core isn't up to par. I went up after focusing on low back (good mornings) and abs for a couple months.

I used to hate this exercise now its my bread n butter on back day.

MotoLifter is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by F4iGuy View Post
    What helps me is going through a form check (shoulders behind bar, back flat/tight, etc.) before I hit it. Make sure your gut is full of air, breath in deeeep and hold it before exploding up. Also, I make sure theirs no 'slack' before exploding.

How's your lower back? A lot of people have trouble because their core isn't up to par. I went up after focusing on low back (good mornings) and abs for a couple months.

I used to hate this exercise now its my bread n butter on back day.

Thanks for the tips man.

My lower back is pretty good, its always been one of my stongest parts, abs on the other hand arent where they should be. I admitedly have been slackin on abs for awhile but just got them back into the rotation afew weeks ago.

its strange cause once i get past that point its like someone takes 100lbs off the bar and the rest of the lift is no problem. I'll definately make a mental form check before i start to make sure im lined up properly.

Moto

BgMc31 is offline Anabolic Member
    deadlift off blocks for a bit. Get a box 4-6 inches high and deadlift from there. This is the best to get past the first 4-6 inches of the deadlift. The reason is, it forces you to incorporate your legs into the lift more, it strengthens your hamstrings and your lowerback/glute tie in.

polly56 is offline Associate Member
    sounds like a flexibilty issue to me... try touching your toes and stretching out that lower back and hamstrings

Thread Information