Thread: Bicep peaks?

mufc is offline New Member

Bicep peaks?

Been training for around 2 years now, currently weighing 190lbs at 5'11" around 10-12% BF. Over the 2 years I have tried numerous bicep exercises, drop sets etc, but my biceps are just featureless! Its not that they dont grow, I have the biggest arms out of the other 4 people I train with. Its hard to explain without a picture ( Get my new blackberry shortly so cannot provide 1 until then ), My bicep seems to grow as a whole, there is no significant bulk/peak in the middle as I see on 95% of the people that go to my gym. I started a clean bulk 4 weeks ago, diet is at 2600 cals ( I am sedentary as I am starting uni in the next few weeks so I dont really expend much energy in the house!) and minimum of 200-250g of protein a day. Just to add my training schedule into the equation, I do biceps on saturday/sunday ( I train back on tuesdays ), 4 sets of 4-8 reps heavyweight as I am bulking, I have previous tried rep ranges within 10-12 etc. Exercises consist of a mix up between, Single arm curls on cables, seated alternated curls, standing EZ-bar curls, Preacher machine, secondary preacher machine, straight bar cable curls.

There are obviously many experienced builders on this forum, so I am looking for advice to help these biceps look more impressive rather than just fillin out a T-shirt! Advice is greatly appreciated

Bump guys

HawaiianPride. is offline AR's Think Tank
    I believe the peak has more to do with genetics rather then a certain routine or diet. If this were untrue you would see more competitors on stage with peaks, or more people that train in general.

I hear all day long about concentration movements bringing out the peak more. IMO, the best method to enhance the appearance of your peak is when you are at a leaner state, and obviously when you improve overall size of your arm.

Ofcourse I fully accept that it is mostly genetics, but are there not specific exercises that can help improve what is lacking from genetics? Whilst researching today, the majority of answers seem to be hammer/close grip movements, as this bulks the brachiallis therefore pushing the bicep out, anybody agree with this?

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    I agree with Hawaiian 100% - focus on gaining size via diet, proper form, constantly changing things up to see what works best for you, and rest. I asked the same question on here a year ago.

and how have your biceps progressed over a year?

Kaytime is offline Associate Member
    I watched this one video clip of Markus ruhl doing this exercise. its sort of like a lying down straight bar curl on machine. I gave this exercise a go as my last exercise for bicep and IMO i really like it. You really feel it work and the tension is aswesome.
    i curl to my face doing these with my elbows to my sides with good form and it helped alot.

youtube markus ruhl doing biceps and i garentee you will see him doing this exercise.. try it and see if you like it

Thread Information