32liner is offline Junior Member

Weak shoulders please help

what can I say my shoulders are pathetic I'm 23 and been training for about 4 years I'v tried all different exercise and routines and I'v been stuck on 50s for db shoulder press forever

I'v gained size but all my stregth came in the first 18 mounths of training even when i did my failed cycle all my other lifts increased heaps except for shoulders

what can I do please help

BigBuck6 is offline Associate Member
    What bench angle do you use for db shoulder presses? If you have never tried 60 degrees give it a shot. I have also used "bradfords" in the past with lighter weight to help me work through plateaus. You can google them but basically they can be called "rocky" presses or whatever and involve in front of the face and then behind the head in one set.

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    alternating Dumbell lateral/front raises works pretty good for me, followed by DB shoulder press, shrugs, and then above the nose cable lifts..

32liner is offline Junior Member
    I put the angle about 80 degress or as upright as posible that feel comfortable, wouldn't 60 bring in more chest.

At the moment im doing

seated military press
    seated DB press
    lateral raises
    DB shrugs

and 8-12 reps to failure

terraj is offline Knowledgeable Member
    If you want to increase your press power....

I would focus on speed with the push press, which is an Overhead Press using leg drive, start light and build as this is about safe technique, but you should be push pressing much more then you can strictly press . Do it for 4 weeks as your first and only press movement, then drop back to your stanard presses.

Dips with full range will help your press. Close grip bench will also help presses

Make sure that you are not over training the shoulders, you tax them heavy on chest and back days, so split your training up so you have time to recover
    Last edited by terraj; 10-17-2010 at 11:52 PM.

Thread Information