Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100

First workout in four years

I am 42, 5' 10" and currently weight 205. Been lifting since I was 16.

I had a back injury that kept me from working out for the past four years. A year ago I tried to get back to the gym, but my back stared to hurt so I stopped, figuring it needed more time to heal.

To make things worse, for about a year before my injury I was using excessive exercise to help with weight loss that eventually turned into anorexia. I went from 240 (carrying a lot of fat) to 160 pounds. Thank god for muscle memory, because I am actually carrying some decent muscle despite my past behavior. Not BB muscle, but I certainly don't look like a guy that was anorexic and then didn't lift for four years.

I started TRT two weeks ago (200mg/week Test Cyp) and couldn't live with the fact that I was injecting test and not working out...so my wife and I went to the gym last night and I started light and strict. Not even a twinge of irritation in my back. I did two sets each of three exercises for chest and biceps so I wouldn't get too sore.

Here is the only thing I have resembling a question: Has anyone else taken this much time off? How easy was it to come back? The baby weights I used ended up kicking my *ss but my pump was HUGE. Is that from the Test? I thought it took three or four weeks for that to kick in. And I woke up with only a little tightness in my left bi. I expected to be too sore to move because I lifted to failure on several sets.

I know this isn't a very useful post, but I am so FRICKIN' psyched to be back!
    Last edited by JohnnyVegas; 12-20-2010 at 06:38 AM.

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    First off... glad you are back in the gym man!!
    And that you are healthy again!

Second... the pump wasnt from the test. I have found that if I take even a week or 2 off, when I come back that the pump is insane. Its just your body just used to having to shove so much blood into the muscle being worked. So it feels amazing.

You shouldnt be too sore today. But tomorrow or the next day Im sure youll be feeling some aches. lol.

Enjoy that pain! Lets you know youre alive.

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Thanks! I am stiffening up now. It feels good.

Thread Information